Author Topic: Fire LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread  (Read 65862 times)

T42YS

Re: Official Fire Chris Cosh thread - future ideas.
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2010, 12:16:45 PM »
Saw a good suggestion on the Bring on the Cats blog. J.C. Harper, current head coach at Stephen F. Austin. Dude took a completely dead program to a powerhouse in the Southland Conference based on...guess what?...turning around a really crappy defense to be one of the conference's best.

Throw some money at him, Currie.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »
Nope, just get Leavitt somehow. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

T42YS

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 01:17:09 PM »
OR MAYBE WE COULD GET LEAVITT SOMEHOW. goddamn, i'm just full of amazing ideas today.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »
BANNER:  "Fire Snyder Unless He Fires Cosh; But Even Then He Has To Hire A Proven DC Or Else We Still Want Him Fired. Maybe Jim Leavitt?  :dunno:"

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »
BANNER:  "Fire Snyder Unless He Fires Cosh; But Even Then He Has To Hire A Proven DC Or Else We Still Want Him Fired. Maybe Jim Leavitt?  :dunno:"

I like that.  Now let's decide on font.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »
Looks like it's still up to us...

Powercat46

Rivals.com College Football
Post #2419
Manhattan

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Wow...I pulled an "old Bate" last night.   Reply
My apologies. I thought it was kinda funny at the time, but now I realize that I just made myself look like an ass. I don't ever do that sort of thing, and yeah, I was HIGHLY intoxicated. (Not that that is an excuse)

Anyway, like I said, I'm sorry that I acted that way. It won't happen again.

Posted on 10/24 10:48 AM | IP: Logged

thunderkiss1

A solid starter
Post #4110
Aurora, CO
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
so does that mean   Reply
you don't have evidence that changes are being made effective immediately?

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt 1918.

Posted on 10/24 10:53 AM | IP: Logged

Powercat46

Post #2420
Manhattan

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Re: Wow...I pulled an "old Bate" last night.   Reply
I have evidence that I had that I had too much to drink. The text I got only said that a "meeting" was going to take place. I took that and ran with it. Absolutely no idea what will take place during that meeting or even who all is going to be involved.

I know, I'm an idiot. Sorry.

Posted on 10/24 11:03 AM | IP: Logged

linncat

On the depth chart
Post #2359
originally Wichita , now in Nor Cal
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
WOW, the coaching staff is going to have a meeting, imagine that!!! BREAKING NEWS: (AP) LHC Bill Snyder TO HOLD A MEETING WITH HIS COACHING STAFF AFTER THE BAYLOR GAME, STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER DETAILS

Posted on 10/24 11:26 AM | IP: Logged

samfor

On full scholarship
Post #1063
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
linncat - don't be an ass - the guy already said he was sorry - he was drunk and we were all pissed after losing a game ugly that we should have won.

I HIGHLY doubt snyder would send a text that referenced a routine meeting.

Posted on 10/24 11:30 AM | IP: Logged

Powercat46

Post #2421
Manhattan

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Just to be clear, it wasn't a text from Coach, but from someone on the staff who is a close personal friend and has been for 15+ years.

And I know, I was a complete idiot. I was drunk and pissed off. Like most everyone else.

Posted on 10/24 11:39 AM | IP: Logged

Amaril... Daddy

Post #869
Amarillo, TX
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Already forgiven......   Reply
but I still hold out hope that your first post is right. There does need to be some serious changes made.

Posted on 10/24 12:17 PM | IP: Logged

Wabash_Naz

On the depth chart
Post #2192
Lenexa
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Dude...

If I had a quarter for every time I wish I hadn't made a drunken ass of myself on this board... well... let's just say I'd have to change my name to "VENDING_MACHINE_WARRIOR"!

As far as I'm concerned, no apologies necessary. If the whole board hadn't been so hyper-sensitive to the fact that we all think big changes on defense need to be made, we wouldn't have escalated your post into such a big deal in the first place...

Cat-up my friend!

Posted on 10/24 12:28 PM | IP: Logged

TheNewBate

Post #8750
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Originally posted by Powercat46:
My apologies. I thought it was kinda funny at the time, but now I realize that I just made myself look like an ass. I don't ever do that sort of thing, and yeah, I was HIGHLY intoxicated. (Not that that is an excuse)

FYI Powercat46...you were nowhere close to the "old Bate" last night. Actually you are quite entertaining when you drink. I was just an bad person when I did that late at night, sparring with anyone that came my way. Fortunately for me, those days are over. Booze is no longer a part of my life and my life is 100X better as a result. No apology necessary. TNB

K-State Basketball: All-time 4 Final Fours, 12 Elite Eights, 17 Sweet 16's and 24 NCAA Tournament appearances. Frank Martin era is alive and well and K-State b-ball is back!

K-State Football: 12 bowl games and 6 eleven win seasons since 1993. 2003 Big 12 Champions. 4 time Big 12 North Champions. 1997 Fiesta Bowl Champions. LHC Bill Snyder era has returned and the future is bright!

Posted on 10/24 1:51 PM | IP: Logged

barborugby

A solid starter
Post #5442
Wichita
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Good for you, Bate. The difference is evident.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Posted on 10/24 1:53 PM | IP: Logged

rlccatfan

On the depth chart
Post #2180
KCMO
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Originally posted by TheNewBate:
Originally posted by Powercat46:

FYI Powercat46...you were nowhere close to the "old Bate" last night. Actually you are quite entertaining when you drink. I was just an bad person when I did that late at night, sparring with anyone that came my way. Fortunately for me, those days are over. Booze is no longer a part of my life and my life is 100X better as a result. No apology necessary. TNB

Congratulations, Bate. I have to admit I was waiting for the first Bate Meltdown, but it is obvious you are a different person now, and it is quite refreshing.

And for everyone else, I have know idea who Powercat46 is, but from his previous posts, it is obvious he is able to donate more than the Average Joe, knows a lot of people in Manhattan, and has good connections. I took his post with several grains of salt last night, knowing he is connected, but also realizing his writing tone was different than normal- i.e. I assumed he'd had a few drinks.

Posted on 10/24 2:17 PM | IP: Logged

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »
Only GPC could morph a thread about insider football info into an AA support group.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »
man that powercat46 is a dumbass.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 03:07:11 PM »
I wish Fitz used that excuse after "It's Patterson!"

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 05:15:54 PM »
I think this guy is on to something with these anger drums.

If we can't pull an airplane sign can we at least have these, Trim?

NYCatscan

Almost on scholarship
Post #253
New York, New York

The Drums of Anger in Wildcat Land

The fan base is stirred. The fan base is pissed - and this is an angry stinking piss. The defensive performance was unacceptable and requires a consequence. The fan base needs the defensivce coodinator's head chopped. Coach Synder either you give us the sacrificial blood or get the effin out of here. How can you recruit with your current coordinator in place? Get up, get off your loyalty ethic and save your program. Cosh erodes the brand.

Posted on 10/24 3:52 PM | IP: Logged

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 05:22:24 PM »

Absolutely.  Mods, we're going to need 5000 of these with the katpak head emblazoned (Wyatt's term) on the drum heads.

http://www.amazon.com/Damaru-Karate-Kid-Drum-Spinning/dp/B000SKRXU2

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »
I am going to start saying "Cat up" a whole lot.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2010, 07:03:49 PM »

Absolutely.  Mods, we're going to need 5000 of these with the katpak head emblazoned (Wyatt's term) on the drum heads.

http://www.amazon.com/Damaru-Karate-Kid-Drum-Spinning/dp/B000SKRXU2

Gonna need these anger drums to smell like anger piss as well.  Details, but the mods ought to know if we're serious about this.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »
866-577-8228.

MW: Trim in Wichita, you're on the Midwest Ford Dealers Wildcat Wrap-up Show

I'll go for it.
I got on. Just when I was about to talk about the defense I got cut off  :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2010, 07:16:55 PM »
866-577-8228.

MW: Trim in Wichita, you're on the Midwest Ford Dealers Wildcat Wrap-up Show

I'll go for it.
I got on. Just when I was about to talk about the defense I got cut off  :frown:

They sniffed you out.  They were begging for callers towards the end.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »

WOW after reading the longggggggggggg cac twitter thread I see this.   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2010, 08:39:22 AM »

:love:

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2010, 09:07:47 AM »
What can we do?  OB's track record of not cutting incompetent assistants if very disconcerting.  How do we get out in front of this, start momentum and get the conversation started?

Trim said we can't do a plane banner.  But we gotta do something.
bill's master plan....by getting us to hate cos he'll be able to bring back Elliott and we'll be thanking him for the upgrade

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »
What can we do?  OB's track record of not cutting incompetent assistants if very disconcerting.  How do we get out in front of this, start momentum and get the conversation started?

Trim said we can't do a plane banner.  But we gotta do something.
bill's master plan....by getting us to hate cos he'll be able to bring back Elliott and we'll be thanking him for the upgrade

Some _fan shirt should work.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »
Maybe its time to forgive the unforgivable sin...

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »
WTH would Venables come to KSU as a DC?  Coming as a HC only and there's multiple reasons why Bill will still be here after this year.  This crap needs to be fixed NOW.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »
WTH would Venables come to KSU as a DC?  Coming as a HC only and there's multiple reasons why Bill will still be here after this year.  This cac needs to be fixed NOW.

Venables would come for the HCIW tag.  That will never happen, but it would work.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2010, 04:43:20 PM »
WTH would Venables come to KSU as a DC?  Coming as a HC only and there's multiple reasons why Bill will still be here after this year.  This cac needs to be fixed NOW.

Venables would come for the HCIW tag.  That will never happen, but it would work.

idc what happens.

I want Cosh out, and i want someone good in. i want Jim real bad though...

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
It seems like there are two camps here.  Sort of like the Carson deal.  Those who want Snyder gone, and those who just want Cosh gone.

I have no problem getting rid of Snyder, as long as we replace him with a solid proven coach.  No more experiments. 

On the other hand, if there really aren't any realistic options to replace him at this time, I'd still be fine with a Leavitt or someone to replace Cosh for the time being.  I think Snyder is still a good overall COACH.  And, I think most would agree that if we had a decent (30-40 ranked) defense, we would actually have a pretty good team.

But, I think it's pretty stupid to get rid of Snyder right now, just for the sake of getting rid of him.  We could very easily end up in another Ron Prince type situation, and be set back a few more years.  At least we seem to be gaining a little bit of momentum with a bowl game likely this season.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »
It seems like there are two camps here.  Sort of like the Carson deal.  Those who want Snyder gone, and those who just want Cosh gone.

I have no problem getting rid of Snyder, as long as we replace him with a solid proven coach.  No more experiments. 

On the other hand, if there really aren't any realistic options to replace him at this time, I'd still be fine with a Leavitt or someone to replace Cosh for the time being.  I think Snyder is still a good overall COACH.  And, I think most would agree that if we had a decent (30-40 ranked) defense, we would actually have a pretty good team.

But, I think it's pretty stupid to get rid of Snyder right now, just for the sake of getting rid of him.  We could very easily end up in another Ron Prince type situation, and be set back a few more years.  At least we seem to be gaining a little bit of momentum with a bowl game likely this season.

Mike rough ridin' Leach