Author Topic: Cameron Newton  (Read 16267 times)

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Just loving the Cam Newton story . . .
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2010, 08:00:53 AM »
I got a friend on facebook who is an Auburn fan. He keeps posting articles about how there was no wrong done and trying to show everyone that Auburn is in the clear. I think he thinks that everyone on his friends list are NCAA investigators.  :users:

Sounds like the phog on steroids.

Is Jessica Simpson that hard up for work?

Offline Odd1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2010, 08:26:13 AM »
You think Auburn fans are shitting themselves right now?  If KSU had landed Newton  :cry: we'd be all  :blah: :jerk: on the outside, but inside I'd be  :ohno: :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cameron Newton
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2010, 08:37:27 AM »
we all should have known something was up when this cam newton character chose to play for that former really bad iowa state head coach instead of quarterback coaching legend LHC Bill Snyder.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:39 AM »
You think Auburn fans are shitting themselves right now?  If KSU had landed Newton  :cry: we'd be all  :blah: :jerk: on the outside, but inside I'd be  :ohno: :goodbyecruelworld:
WarEagleCats are  :gocho:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »
In the lineup of videos from the same page, I feel like this one of a dude gettin it on with his daughter at the Cowboys game should be getting more attention...

http://deadspin.com/5680796/front-row-lap-dance-at-the-cowboys-game?skyline=true&s=i

lol

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2010, 09:11:03 AM »
we all should have known something was up when this cam newton character chose to play for that former really bad iowa state head coach instead of quarterback coaching legend LHC Bill Snyder.

I hate the fact that all the talent wanting to go to THE University of Auburn University is making that hack look like a decent coach.  What did he do for Iowa State?  No good, that's what.  Havs can testify.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2010, 09:48:09 AM »
In the lineup of videos from the same page, I feel like this one of a dude gettin it on with his daughter at the Cowboys game should be getting more attention...

http://deadspin.com/5680796/front-row-lap-dance-at-the-cowboys-game?skyline=true&s=i

:horrorsurprise:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2010, 01:49:24 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2010, 01:58:28 PM »
Urban Meyer is a tricky bastard...
Urban Meyer is behind all of this.....
It's time for all of us WarEagleCats to fight back against the dirty, jealous GatorCats...

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2010, 02:16:11 PM »
Urban Meyer is the Scott Drew of college football
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
war cam eagle

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
Didn't Urban Meyer win a couple MNCs?  Not sure comparing him to Drew is accurate.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2010, 02:44:30 PM »
Didn't Urban Meyer win a couple MNCs?  Not sure comparing him to Drew is accurate.

Not in terms of success on the court/field in terms of how dirty he runs his program.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »
RUMBLINGS!

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2010, 10:21:51 PM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2010, 11:04:09 PM »
pfttt.. i might have to check out what mike bianchi wrote.
- chunkles

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2010, 01:33:26 AM »
 :horrorsurprise:

Report: Newtons admit pay for play in phone talks with recruiter

Two sources who recruit for Mississippi State said that Cecil Newton and his son, quarterback Cam Newton, admitted in separate phone conversations to a pay-for-play plan while Newton was being recruited late last year.

Mississippi State compliance officials relayed the alleged conversations to Southeastern Conference compliance officials in January, according to two other sources close to the football program.

Prior to Newton's commitment to Auburn, one of the recruiters said Cecil Newton told him it would take "more than a scholarship" to bring his son to Mississippi State, a request the source said the school would not meet. Cecil Newton also referred the recruiter to a third person that would provide more specifics, the source said.

After Newton committed to Auburn, another source said an emotional Cam Newton phoned another recruiter to express regret that he wouldn't be going to Mississippi State, stating that his father Cecil had chosen Auburn for him because "the money was too much."

The NCAA is investigating allegations surrounding the Newtons in regards to the recruiting process. Cam Newton, who is having a Heisman-caliber season for No. 2 Auburn, declined comment.

Cecil Newton, who previously has denied any wrongdoing, did not respond to an e-mail request for comment Tuesday night.

However, when reached late Tuesday night by phone by FoxSports.com, Cecil Newton said he had no comment.

"I'm not going to confirm nor deny nothing that has been taking place," Cecil Newton said.

He also said he knew nothing about the report when asked if he'd seen it.

"I've answered what I need to answer," Cecil Newton told FoxSports.com. "If they're out there, go with it and make the decision or determination based on whatever you've got to say."

Cecil Newton also described all of the allegations about his son as "a witch hunt," according to FoxSports.com.

"They can continue doing whatever they're doing, sir," Cecil Newton told the website. "I'm just in support of my son."

Auburn did not respond to a request for comment. The school has repeatedly said it looked into Newton's recruitment and that he remains eligible.

Earlier Tuesday, Auburn found itself defending Newton in the wake of allegations of academic cheating when he was at Florida. The Tigers' coach, Gene Chizik, dismissed a FoxSports.com report as "pure garbage" in an emotional 4-minute, 25-second rant.

"I'm standing up here on a very important week trying to defend something that's garbage," Chizik said. Auburn faces Georgia on Saturday.

FoxSports.com reported Monday that Newton was caught cheating three times and was to appear for a hearing in front of Florida's Student Committee facing possible expulsion during the spring semester of 2009.

Newton transferred to Blinn Junior College in Brenham, Texas, where he played last season. He declined to discuss the latest report, which came on the heels of former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond telling ESPN.com that someone claiming to represent the Newton family sought money during his recruitment by the school.

Sources told ESPN.com the man who said he was representing the Newtons was Kenny Rogers, who played in the 1980s for Mississippi State alongside Bond.

"I'm not going to entertain something that took place not three months, not six months, not a year but two years ago," Cam Newton said. "I'm not going to sit up here and say anything about it, whether I did or did not do it, because I don't want to beat a dead horse talking about it. It's not going to affect me any way, shape or fashion."

In Gainesville, Florida coach Urban Meyer said in a statement that neither he nor anyone on his staff leaked information on Newton's academic record, calling it a "ridiculous claim."

"For anyone to think that I or anyone on our staff may have leaked information about private student records to the media doesn't know us very well," Meyer said. "It's a ridiculous claim and simply not true."

Cam Newton said Meyer was a man of integrity.

"I would hope he wouldn't say anything like that," he said.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, who also recruited Newton out of Blinn, said he saw "nothing at all" out of the ordinary during that process.

"Our recruitment of Cameron could not have been better, or was just fine," Stoops said. "I didn't notice anything and none of our coaches did as we were recruiting him."

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:38:57 AM by Paul Moscow »

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2010, 01:47:09 AM »
 :lol: :lol:

And what has Dennis Dodd uncovered??? Oh Nose!!!!

Multiple traffic tickets by Cam Newton

Cam Newton apparently had multiple traffic tickets during 2007 and 2008 while at Florida according to records obtained from the Alachua County Clerk of the Court website.

The website shows that a Cameron Jerrell Newton with the Auburn quarterback's birthdate (May 11, 1989) had 12 tickets over a two-year period. All of the tickets were for what would be considered minor moving or non-moving traffic violations. One of those tickets remains unresolved according to the records and a court spokesperson.

"I don't know why it hasn't been sent to a collection agency yet," the official said.

The ticket, for driving with a suspended license, was given on Nov. 3, 2008 according to the official. It was continued to June 8, 2009. Attempts to reach the attorney identified by the court who represented Newton were not immediately successful.

Gainesville, Fla. is in Alachua County.

Cam needs to be apprehended immediately before someone gets seriously hurt.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:53:17 AM by Paul Moscow »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2010, 02:04:24 AM »
200k for a Heisman winner?  Sounds like a pretty shrewd investment to me.

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2010, 01:02:56 PM »
Curtis Kitchen tweeted that Ian Fitzimmons is reporting on the radio in Dallas that within 3-4 hours the NCAA is going to suspend Cam Newton.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
Curtis Kitchen tweeted that Ian Fitzimmons is reporting on the radio in Dallas that within 3-4 hours the NCAA is going to suspend Cam Newton.

that was a rumor for a second today but i think it has been proven false and started by some radio station or message board

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2010, 01:47:11 PM »
I just don't think that the NCAA has any real reason to hurry this process along.  Much better for everyone involved to let Cam play, sell a gazillion tickets, have a trillion people tune into the games, and have everyone talking about it for the rest of the season.  If Auburn reaches the MNC game, Cam better be there or AU becomes a huge dog and noone watches the game.