Author Topic: goodness, will a "w" thurs get us caring about this season again?  (Read 8890 times)

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: goodness, will a "w" thurs get us caring about this season again?
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 08:36:53 PM »
i don't like how this team plays football.

this.  there's nothing exciting about this season at all.  a win on thursday does nothing.

Since you hate it so much, why don't you just quit watching it and commenting about it?

there's really nothing else on.  The League sucks this year and It's Always Sunny is kind of overrated.

Personally I thought the UCLA and ISU games were very exciting to watch.  And I guarantee you that if your precious Gary Patterson were coach and had us at 4-1 and playing in the same fashion, you would not have a bunch of crybabies on here complaining about how it was done and that a win over KU would mean nothing at all.  I mean, hell, I thought he would have been a great hire at the time as well, but that got Fitzed up so I got over it and have been 100% behind Snyder ever since.  Sure I wish he had recruited better the past two classes, but to be so over the top negative about it is stupid. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
there's really nothing else on.  The League sucks this year and It's Always Sunny is kind of overrated.
You shut your whore mouth.

Offline pwr_cat00

• Fan
  • Let's GOO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 08:50:14 PM »
Want to know what I think? We suck the cack, but as Ksu we will take squeaking out games and will play completely miserable football games, because we know we suck and will probably never be good again!

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 09:00:47 PM »
Not if it is an ugly W.

All of our wins have been ugly.

but, hey if we get 5 ugly ones..and another against UNT...we're bowling for the first time in three seasons. How foocking sad is that?

Also, this might be the year Kstate wins in football and sweeps their hoops team. We owe them one.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:04:21 PM by Bookcat »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:33 PM »

this.  there's nothing exciting about this season at all.  a win on thursday does nothing.

c'mon zacker.  We both know that's not true.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 09:12:04 PM »
I am reminded of the Louisville game in Prince's final year.  I felt like we might be good that year, then after the Louisville game we all knew how the rest of the season would play out.  That's how the nebraska game last week felt.  I might be wrong, I hope I am dead wrong.  It just has a similar feel. I will admit it won't be as bad as Prince's last year, but I don't think it's gonna be a lot of fun.  And if I am subjected to watching CC start the rest of the year... :goodbyecruelworld:... I already have to endure Matt Cassel, I just don't think I can take both.

Again, would love nothing more than to be dead wrong on all of this.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 09:13:48 PM »

its definitely not true but this team is awful to watch. I've never been so bored watching football in my life.  :zzz:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 09:19:45 PM »

its definitely not true but this team is awful to watch. I've never been so bored watching football in my life.  :zzz:

Sometimes I watch other college football games and one team will do a play action on 1st down and throw for a 15 yard gain over the middle and it looks so easy.  And the fans and stuff don't even get very excited or anything, it's just a normal thing that their team does.  And then I keep watching and the other team does it too.  It's just amazing how inept our passing game is.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »
I'm all for losing for the rest of the season so that Old Ballz gets forced out by ADJC

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 09:29:41 PM »

Sometimes I watch other college football games and one team will do a play action on 1st down and throw for a 15 yard gain over the middle and it looks so easy.  And the fans and stuff don't even get very excited or anything, it's just a normal thing that their team does.  And then I keep watching and the other team does it too.  It's just amazing how inept our passing game is.

This is really something to note.  I watch some real crap teams most every weekend, and either QB can put some real zip on a 30 yard flag that gets to the wr in stride.  CC can't throw that far and keep it in bounds. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 09:46:57 PM »
damn it would really suck to be a k-state football team fan :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »
I think you guys are getting to the heart of it. What's the draw to watching this team? Clearly, its suppose to be DT and he is good, but he's not overly exciting to watch. He doesn't have the ability to break off those long runs that get people amped. He's pretty much is a 5-10 yd runs guy, which is great mixed in with other elements of an offense, but when by itself doesn't do a whole lot.  How many runs of over 20 yds does he even have? The CC topic has been covered. Then what about on special teams or defense? Powell has been close to scoring on a kick off, but punt returns haven't been overly impressive. Then defense is almost barren. Harold is good, but not dominating.
I liked Brod Smith, but he's gone and it didn't matter cause no one threw him the ball anyway.

There just isn't much about this team to get excited about.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
what a terrible, boring football season for our favorite ksu football cats. i'm not even sure beating ku will turn things around.

I think the loss to Nebraska destroyed the illusion that this team could play for bigger things for most people.

If your expectation was a bowl game, and that's what you're happy with, there's still a lot to play for.  But that's kind of what we've been doing and flirting with for five years now.  It's kind of hard to enjoy the build up to a lower-tier bowl when you're used to upper-tier bowls year after year.
I think even the most optimistic people are just hoping this year is a building block to better things down the road.  Because the quality of football we're watching is just horrible.  It's really, really hard to watch.
Wow.....just WOW, year after year huh? Delusional much??

Fiesta Bowl twice
Cotton Bowl twice
Holiday Bowl three times

You don't think the Cotton and Holiday Bowls are upper-tier?  That is supposedly for the 2nd and 3rd place Big 12 teams.  Although Texas and Nebraska were awarded those two bowls in 1998 when we beat both of their asses and were ranked much higher.  I bet you still get wet dreams about that.
Wow impressive! Nah, we still have wet dreams over these........................

Huskers Bowl-by-Bowl

Orange - 17
Fiesta - 6
Sugar - 4
Cotton - 4
Alamo - 3
Rose - 2
Sun - 2
Holiday - 2
Independence - 1
Citrus - 1
Liberty - 1
Astro-Bluebonnet - 1
Gator - 1
Gotham -1

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:37 PM »

^the truth.

99% of the time as a fan you are absolutely ecstatic to have your game on national television. But not this season. I wish every game was blacked out.

Tuning in and watching Carson play quarterback is the equivalent of watching Rick Ankiel when he couldn't throw a strike or Brian Scalabrine make a move in the paint. You watch just to think to yourself, "man, of all the options in the world for this team and they got stuck with this guy?" And you watch until they hilarity ends shortly thereafter.  In our case, however, it doesn't. Ankiel is being asked to pitch the whole game and Scalabrine is playing 40 minutes with the offense running sets through him.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2010, 10:03:55 PM »
I like watching scalabrine make it rain from 3.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 10:04:30 PM »
HP seems desparately lonely these days.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2010, 10:12:14 PM »
 :bawl: :frown: :bawl:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »
:bawl: :frown: :bawl:

It's sd being gone, isn't it?

poor little fella.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 10:52:30 PM »
what a terrible, boring football season for our favorite ksu football cats. i'm not even sure beating ku will turn things around.

I think the loss to Nebraska destroyed the illusion that this team could play for bigger things for most people.

If your expectation was a bowl game, and that's what you're happy with, there's still a lot to play for.  But that's kind of what we've been doing and flirting with for five years now.  It's kind of hard to enjoy the build up to a lower-tier bowl when you're used to upper-tier bowls year after year.
I think even the most optimistic people are just hoping this year is a building block to better things down the road.  Because the quality of football we're watching is just horrible.  It's really, really hard to watch.

Fiesta Bowl twice
Cotton Bowl twice
Holiday Bowl three times

You don't think the Cotton and Holiday Bowls are upper-tier?  That is supposedly for the 2nd and 3rd place Big 12 teams.  Although Texas and Nebraska were awarded those two bowls in 1998 when we beat both of their asses and were ranked much higher.  I bet you still get wet dreams about that.
Wow impressive! Nah, we still have wet dreams over these........................

Huskers Bowl-by-Bowl

Orange - 17
Fiesta - 6
Sugar - 4
Cotton - 4
Alamo - 3
Rose - 2
Sun - 2
Holiday - 2
Independence - 1
Citrus - 1
Liberty - 1
Astro-Bluebonnet - 1
Gator - 1
Gotham -1

So your point seems to be that Nebraska was good at football before 1993 and K-State wasn't.  Yeah, OK we get that.  Congratulations.  Are you aware that KSU was a basketball school prior to that time?

KSU:  31 NCAA Tournament Wins
NU:  0 NCAA Tournament Wins Ever

T42YS

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 11:18:10 PM »
oh, for eff's sake.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 07:21:23 AM »

Fiesta Bowl twice
Cotton Bowl twice
Holiday Bowl three times

Huskers Bowl-by-Bowl

Orange - 17
Fiesta - 6
Sugar - 4
Cotton - 4
Alamo - 3
Rose - 2
Sun - 2
Holiday - 2
Independence - 1
Citrus - 1
Liberty - 1
Astro-Bluebonnet - 1
Gator - 1
Gotham -1

So your point seems to be that Nebraska was good at football before 1993 and K-State wasn't.  Yeah, OK we get that.  Congratulations.  Are you aware that KSU was a basketball school prior to that time?

KSU:  31 NCAA Tournament Wins
NU:  0 NCAA Tournament Wins Ever

Are you aware that football is what "drives the bus" so to speak? :lol:

Funny part is that you have been to BB post season but have never won a trophy. Even though it is ONLY BB and it is the NIT. NU has won at LEAST one BB post season tourney.
But hey, keep putting up those BB banners when your in the Sun Belt and Martin has said Adios.

Funny how everybody throws BB in your face on a football board after a loss.

OH YA!!! well, our  VB team owns you  :drool: :surprised:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 07:29:57 AM »
score 1 for Hi, can i take your order.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 08:06:34 AM »
Remember when there was only one set of footprints?

Yeah, that was because I was still caring.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 08:50:31 AM »
I hope we lose.

This would be better for us in the long run. Where as beating Texas this year would be bad for us in the long run, once again.