Author Topic: WARNING: NASCAR thread!!  (Read 3334 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
WARNING: NASCAR thread!!
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:41:29 PM »
Good article about the KC area and the Kansas Speedway getting a 2nd Sprint Cup race next year. Pretty big deal. The changes in that area since 2000 are ridiculous.

and as Dax says, I don't care what your comments are.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/opinion/10/06/inside-line-dcaraviello-kansas-speedway/index.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: WARNING: NASCAR thread!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 05:35:55 PM »
delete

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 08:47:04 AM »
Too bad NASCAR is a dying sport.  The only reason KC got a second race is because Atlanta couldn't support a second race.  Gee thanks NASCAR for dumpng this on KC.      :flush:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 08:50:35 AM »
Too bad NASCAR is a dying sport.  The only reason KC got a second race is because Atlanta couldn't support a second race.  Gee thanks NASCAR for dumpng this on KC.      :flush:
It's not a sport.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 08:52:18 AM »
Good for Kansas revenues. Other than that, I couldn't care less.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
It's not a sport.

Agreed, I was being generous by calling it a sport.  Whatever the hell it is, it's dying.  Just watch a race sometime.  There's thousands of empty seats at every race when less than 5 years ago the stands were packed with thousands of additional retards wanting to get in.  Can't wait for the Kansas Speedway to be on TV not once but twice per year with thousands of empty seats!!!   

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 09:29:17 AM »

It was California you snob.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

The42Yardstick

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 09:57:18 AM »
KSTATEO

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »
There are thousands of empty seats in every pro sport right now.  You may want to try that new fangled google thing to ask about why people seem to have less disposable income lately.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 11:49:48 PM »
There are thousands of empty seats in every pro sport right now.  You may want to try that new fangled google thing to ask about why people seem to have less disposable income lately.

oh no, i actually agree with jt. :ohno:

It's hard to tell with NASCAR since it didn't get big till the 90's and early 2000's. Is it on the downturn? Did this fad finally run its course? I'd like to think the economy has something to do with it, but there seems to be a disconnect with hardcore fans(rednecks) and NASCAR at this time. Hopefully NASCAR will continue to make some good changes to the sport.
- chunkles