Author Topic: Bye Bye K-State..  (Read 13768 times)

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye K-State..
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »
or an intentional error by SI

Lemme guess, SI hangs from UT's nuts too?
No. Just saying that too many believe the media. It's trial by the media.

I believe the media when it comes to a coach who consistently let his players break the law with no repercussions.  Sorry, I am sure there are some inaccuracies about TO but no way the constant incidents and no discipline were just some media conspiracy.

And in no way do I think letting criminals play whenever is a bad thing.  Clearly, it won nu lots of games.
Two sides to every story. NU was in the spotlight at the time and everything was magnified. Granted, TO made some questionable decisions. OU had hteir legal troubles in the 90's as well but they weren't crucified for their mistakes because they weren't relevant at the time. Look at Mizzou now and Miami in the eighties ALL programs have had their share. Shaking babies etc. etc.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 11:28:47 AM »
If a major publication like SI printed complete lies about a legendary coach and future politician like TO, why weren't there any defamation lawsuits filed?
I see reading isn't your strong suit.

As for the TO interfering in a criminal investigation, despite what castusboy says, that all arose from an SI article that contained a misquote, an out and out lie, or an intentional error by SI, take your pick. Lancaster County DA Gary Lacey accused TO of not producing a gun used by Tyrone Williams. However, even Lacey later admitted that TO hadn't been involved in the gun incident, the it had been Kevin Steele who had been involved. That led Steele to sue Lacey for defamation, since as it came out in the documents filed with the court (prior to the case being dismissed on a technicality) the LPD AND the UNL campus police knew exactly where the gun was at all times from the moment it entered Steele's possession. The only confusion occurred when a LPD detective showed up to pick up the gun, Steele was out of town picking up signed LOI's (this was back when coaches could do this, and the incident involving the gun had occurred the night/early morning of Jan. 31/Feb. 1, right before LOI day). No one was available with a key to the cabinet in Steele's office where the gun was stored, and so the detective had to come back a couple of days later to get the gun. That was the only "interference" with an ongoing criminal investigation, and it involved Steele, not TO.

Offline PorkChop Express

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »

I believe the media when it comes to a coach who consistently let his players break the law with no repercussions.  Sorry, I am sure there are some inaccuracies about TO but no way the constant incidents and no discipline were just some media conspiracy.

And in no way do I think letting criminals play whenever is a bad thing.  Clearly, it won nu lots of games.
Two sides to every story. NU was in the spotlight at the time and everything was magnified. Granted, TO made some questionable decisions. OU had hteir legal troubles in the 90's as well but they weren't crucified for their mistakes because they weren't relevant at the time. Look at Mizzou now and Miami in the eighties ALL programs have had their share. Shaking babies etc. etc.

the baby shaker in question was kicked off of the team after the arrest.  no questions asked.  tom would have given him a pat on the ass and said 'go get 'em in the bowl game, big guy'

Offline RTB

• Fan
  • Caaats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 11:34:25 AM »
the baby shaker in question was kicked off of the team after the arrest.  no questions asked.  tom would have given him a pat on the ass and said 'go get 'em in the bowl game, big guy'

This.
Frank Martin- "I used to teach math in HS but didn't scream as much because nobody was keeping score."

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 11:36:37 AM »

Nebraska had a crap-ton more than their share

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »

He was kicked off because he wasn't much of a contributor. Now, if DT did that................

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »
I see some stuff about Steele suing the DA but nothing about TO suing SI.  Guess you don't really have to know how to read to flip burgers do you, HP?

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »

you mean in the 80's? pretty well publicized. 

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »

you mean in the 80's? pretty well publicized. 

Thanks for making my point. Miami was in the spotlight then just like NU in the 90's

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2010, 11:48:02 AM »

He was kicked off because he wasn't much of a contributor. Now, if DT did that................

:bait: :facepalm:
RIP Fatty

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »
It all boils down to MCMW

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 11:49:51 AM »

Yeah, leading the team in rushing isn't contributing much. Tom Osbourne would have killed the baby and buried it in the back yard if it meant he would win a national championship.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 11:53:58 AM »

Yeah, leading the team in rushing isn't contributing much. Tom Osbourne would have killed the baby and buried it in the back yard if it meant he would win a national championship.
On your team that isn't saying much. :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »

True, Leon Patton wouldn't have been an upgrade from Logan Dold and Lamark Brown. :jerk:

Ron Prince's policies on criminal activity were one of the main reasons he just wasn't cut out to be a D1A head coach.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 12:03:43 PM »

True, Leon Patton wouldn't have been an upgrade from Logan Dold and Lamark Brown. :jerk:

Ron Prince's policies on criminal activity were one of the main reasons he just wasn't cut out to be a D1A head coach.
Bingo! We have a winner!!!!!!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »
Wow, i forgot Lamark was a running back once upon a time.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »

Dear god you guys are predictable.
RIP Fatty

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »

Completely agree.  You need a magnifying glass to find things like your star running back dragging a girl down a flight of stairs by her hair and then seeing him play in the National Title game.

I'm glad people did the necessary digging to notice that.  Lawrence obviously paid his debt to society and all of Tom's love set him on the right path in life.  Like when he tried running over a bunch of kids with his car after he lost a pickup football game.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2010, 12:14:18 PM »

Completely agree.  You need a magnifying glass to find things like your star running back dragging a girl down a flight of stairs by her hair and then seeing him play in the National Title game.

I'm glad people did the necessary digging to notice that.  Lawrence obviously paid his debt to society and all of Tom's love set him on the right path in life.  Like when he tried running over a bunch of kids with his car after he lost a pickup football game.

I agree.  Tom proved his strategy of keeping players on the team were for the players own good and not his teams own benefit.  Who knows what trouble LP would've gotten into if Tom wasn't looking out for him?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 01:30:45 PM »
The Peter brothers are prime examples of what Tom Osborne's love can do.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2010, 02:20:52 PM »
Well, the main reason none of the KSU thugs were plastered all over the front pages of every newspaper. Ksu was and is irrelevant in the national medias eyes. If I dug enough I could find stories of KSU athletes commiting crimes as well. You are no better or worse than anyone else.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
Other Funny Corn Stories:

Mrs. Osborne going across campus ripping the campus newspapers out of distribution bins and tossing them in the trash when she was mad about what they said about Lawrence "Lifetime Thug" Phillips.  

Tom Osborne driving over to Omaha on the one occasion when the regular news staff at the Omaha paper and not the ball clinging sports guys got involved in covering all the thugs in the Cornhole football program and they wanted to print a story outlining all the thuggery in cornhole football . . . Tom asked them to kill the story.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2010, 02:25:42 PM »
Well, the main reason none of the KSU thugs were plastered all over the front pages of every newspaper. Ksu was and is irrelevant in the national medias eyes. If I dug enough I could find stories of KSU athletes commiting crimes as well. You are no better or worse than anyone else.

We readily admit we've had guys into trouble dumbass.  That's why we coined MCMW. 

The issue is, all the non college attending cornhole butt sucking $hit kickers in Cornhole land think Tommy is a saint they'll ruin their best wife beater fighting anybody who says otherwise.    Case in point . . . you.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2010, 02:26:04 PM »
Other Funny Corn Stories:

Mrs. Osborne going across campus ripping the campus newspapers out of distribution bins and tossing them in the trash when she was mad about what they said about Lawrence "Lifetime Thug" Phillips.  

Tom Osborne driving over to Omaha on the one occasion when the regular news staff at the Omaha paper and not the ball clinging sports guys got involved in covering all the thugs in the Cornhole football program and they wanted to print a story outlining all the thuggery in cornhole football . . . Tom asked them to kill the story.

Links or it didn't happen........................

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2010, 02:26:50 PM »

Looking forward to your next post :popcorn:
RIP Fatty