Author Topic: best rivalry in the big 12  (Read 5495 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
best rivalry in the big 12
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:46:52 PM »
a&m coming back.  jfc, but this is a great series.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: best rivalry in the big 12
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »
bu loses.   :ksu:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:05:04 PM »
Wha??? I thought Farmageddon was the biggest rivalry game in all of sport!!

Offline Lynch

• Fan
  • KSUftw smells like salty peanuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 10:19:29 PM »

Sometimes I hate you Haver. Sometimes...

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 10:26:42 PM »

was a great game.  A&M, Baylor and UT beating up each other should secure #2 seed for  :ksu:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 10:34:08 PM »

was a great game.  A&M, Baylor and UT beating up each other should secure #2 seed for  :ksu:

We need osu and mu to get beat up too.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 10:43:25 PM »
OSU seems capable of rough ridin' themselves in the ass... we'll need to take care of bizness vs. MU.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 11:25:22 PM »
OSU seems capable of fracking themselves in the ass... we'll need to take care of bizness vs. MU.
this... they were a complete no-show today at Tech, and it made me sick to think we lost to that sorry bunch. 

(btw, where is the "sigh" emoticon?)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »
OSU seems capable of fracking themselves in the ass... we'll need to take care of bizness vs. MU.
this... they were a complete no-show today at Tech, and it made me sick to think we lost to that sorry bunch. 

OSU loss was the worst loss in the Martin(/Huggs) ERA

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 11:58:38 PM »

Sometimes I hate you Haver. Sometimes...

Why can't I have me some fun on these here boards??

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 12:13:55 AM »

meh
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 12:49:47 AM »

Not even close

06-07
@ Cal
@ Colorado St.
home vs. Tech

07-08
George Mason
home vs. Oregon
@ Mizzou when they had 6 scholarship players
A&M in the Big 12 tourney

08-09
All 3 noncon losses

OSU is going to the NCAA tournament, don't get why people are bent about that game.  When the reg season is over it won't mean a thing.  Won't effect the Big 12 place or the NCAA seed.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »

Not even close

06-07
@ Cal
@ Colorado St.
home vs. Tech

07-08
George Mason
home vs. Oregon

08-09
All 3 noncon losses

OSU is going to the NCAA tournament, don't get why people are bent about that game.  When the reg season is over it won't mean a thing.  Won't effect the Big 12 place or the NCAA seed.

personally, i dont see osu in the tourney...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 02:19:26 AM »

Not even close

06-07
@ Cal
@ Colorado St.
home vs. Tech

07-08
George Mason
home vs. Oregon

08-09
All 3 noncon losses

Is it a 45 team tourney this year?  You must also not see Mizzou, Ohio State, Maryland, UNLV, Louisville, Ole Miss, and Dayton.  OSU has a better profile than all of those teams.  4 top 100 wins and no bad losses.  Their RPI is in the 30's just behind Gonzaga, A&M, amd Baylor.  Six teams for the Big 12 is a given, 7 is very possible, and Tech will has a ton of games to win to put them into the conversation as well.

Just an aside, KSU fans need to stop watching these other games and wondering "who will help us."  There is one team in the conference you need to worry about and that's Kansas, all the other teams are irrelevant as far as the fate of KSU.  Watch Big 12 basketball with the enjoyment of knowing your team will finish no worse than 2nd.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 02:30:01 AM »

Not even close

06-07
@ Cal
@ Colorado St.
home vs. Tech

07-08
George Mason
home vs. Oregon

08-09
All 3 noncon losses

Is it a 45 team tourney this year?  You must also not see Mizzou, Ohio State, Maryland, UNLV, Louisville, Ole Miss, and Dayton.  OSU has a better profile than all of those teams.  4 top 100 wins and no bad losses.  Their RPI is in the 30's just behind Gonzaga, A&M, amd Baylor.  Six teams for the Big 12 is a given, 7 is very possible, and Tech will has a ton of games to win to put them into the conversation as well.

Just an aside, KSU fans need to stop watching these other games and wondering "who will help us."  There is one team in the conference you need to worry about and that's Kansas, all the other teams are irrelevant as far as the fate of KSU.  Watch Big 12 basketball with the enjoyment of knowing your team will finish no worse than 2nd.

30s RPI is by no means a lock.  There are too many automatic qualifiers for that.  A&M having a better RPI would mean that even if six Big 12 teams get in, which would surprise me, I would expect KSU, uk, Texas, Baylor, Mizzou, and A&M a bit ahead of OSU.  Not that I am saying the B12 shouldnt get 6 in, but we always seem to get in at least one less than expected in the tourney.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 02:42:51 AM »

Not even close

06-07
@ Cal
@ Colorado St.
home vs. Tech

07-08
George Mason
home vs. Oregon

08-09
All 3 noncon losses

30s RPI is by no means a lock.  There are too many automatic qualifiers for that.  A&M having a better RPI would mean that even if six Big 12 teams get in, which would surprise me, I would expect KSU, uk, Texas, Baylor, Mizzou, and A&M a bit ahead of OSU.  Not that I am saying the B12 shouldnt get 6 in, but we always seem to get in at least one less than expected in the tourney.
The Pac 10 is absolutely awful this year.  Leaves more space for a sixth, maybe even seventh Big 12 team to get in.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 03:05:36 AM »
lot of games left for osu.  they'll play themselves in or out.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 10:06:34 AM »
Hey sys, there were some tards on cyclonefanatic claiming Scott Drew was the best coach in the Big 12.

:lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 10:10:21 AM »
Hey sys, there were some tards on cyclonefanatic claiming Scott Drew was the best coach in the Big 12.

they are a very conflicted fanbase.

:maygodhavemercyontheirsouls:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 10:10:32 AM »

This CycloneFanatic thinks Jeff Bzdelik is the best coach in the Big 12.  :excited:

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
Texas-Okie State always seems to be a pretty good game, thought this year might prove to be the exception.

Don't underrate K-State-Texas either.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 12:12:51 PM »

This CycloneFanatic thinks Jeff Bzdelik is the best coach in the Big 12.  :excited:

Compared to the coach you have, anyone else is John Wooden.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »

Compared to the coach you have, anyone else is John Wooden.

Throw in a few Rupp's while you're at it.

Offline kazzu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »
Texas-Okie State always seems to be a pretty good game, thought this year might prove to be the exception.

Don't underrate K-State-Texas either.
For the CTR to be a true rivalry, they have to win one every once in a while.  :eye:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 02:17:46 PM »
Would have to say that Texas Tech - Colorado is the best rivalry in the Dr. Pepper :blush: