Author Topic: Was just strolling around Bramlage  (Read 9880 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was just strolling around Bramlage
« on: October 01, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
and talking with a friend about how badly we need a new court design/paint job. Word is they're planning on replacing the whole floor when they do it? How cool would it be though if at the first game we honor Tex Winter, maybe have a few ex-players speak and unveil his signature on the court.... Probably couldn't do this until we replace everything, but it sure would be nice to be able to do it while Tex could still possibly be there to see it. Kind of surprised there hasn't been more of a push for something like this actually, especially considering his health.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: Was just strolling around Bramlage
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 01:40:49 PM »
Since he bailed on us I bet they would honor someone else first.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 01:44:15 PM »
Hopefully someone who is really powerful and intelligent will realize that our floor will be seen by millions and millions of people this year and it should probably look good.

But it's also possible that what it looks like is completely meaningless and we've already gone too far by even mentioning it.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »
How long have we talking about/photo shopping a new court design?

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »
Hopefully someone who is really powerful and intelligent will realize that our floor will be seen by millions and millions of people this year and it should probably look good.

But it's also possible that what it looks like is completely meaningless and we've already gone too far by even mentioning it.

You basically own a monopoly on the goEMAW podcast post of the week.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 02:49:24 PM »
Since he bailed on us I bet they would honor someone else first.

Lon Kruger?

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »

please someone tell me we up the bill to briggs this yr

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »

that's like the first thing that comes up every time people talk about re-doing the floor. People really, really hate that thing.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »
How long have we talking about/photo shopping a new court design?

Long time now. Real long time

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »
Mainly my thoughts on the matter are, "hey, we may not have, like, the best college basketball history in the world, but there's some there ya know? Why don't we at least make some attempt to celebrate that history a bit, and class up our court a little at the same time....? at least get some goddamn banners in the joint?"
i dunno, just pissin in the wind here.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 06:37:27 PM »
I will say, tarp looked good though guys.... real good.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 06:38:24 PM »
A couple of years ago there was a design out that was supposedly the new design that looked awesome. I wonder if someone on the board here might still have it...

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »
A couple of years ago there was a design out that was supposedly the new design that looked awesome. I wonder if someone on the board here might still have it...

Yeah I remember about 500 horrible one's too.

Honestly, we don't really have to do all that much. Replacing the floor will look amazing just in-and-of-itself. Keep the giant wildcat and just darken all the purple a bit so it looks awesome instead of sorta gay on tv. Remove the Kansas State and replace the Wildcats on the ends with K-STATE. Maybe put an EMAW somewhere, slap Hartman's and Tex's sigs on the court, hang some banners and BOOM, we're one step closer to the cool kids lunch table.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 09:35:54 PM »

that's like the first thing that comes up every time people talk about re-doing the floor. People really, really hate that thing.

I've heard that some people really like that thing.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »

I've heard that some people really like that thing.

It seems to invoke strong feelings either way, I'll say that.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »
I'd be up for leaving the logo but adjusting the colors to a purple Briggs logo instead of Orange and Yellow. Less Iowa State looking. (sorry Haver)

For how much money Briggs is funneling back to Kstate their mark is inevitably going to be tied into KSU sports.  Isn't it on the new tunnel tarp too? Or is it the KansasStateCars one?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
I'd be up for leaving the logo but adjusting the colors to a purple Briggs logo instead of Orange and Yellow. Less Iowa State looking. (sorry Haver)

For how much money Briggs is funneling back to Kstate their mark is inevitably going to be tied into KSU sports.  Isn't it on the new tunnel tarp too? Or is it the KansasStateCars one?

WTF would you know about logos and design bookcat!?  :lol:  OK, we'll do what this random clown wants.  GMAFB. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 09:46:45 PM »
 :users:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 09:54:38 PM »

WTF would you know about logos and design bookcat!?  :lol:  OK, we'll do what this random clown wants.  GMAFB. 

speaking of random clowns...do you know who designed our current court? I'll give you hint...it wasn't me.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »
I still say giant powercat should stay.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
SMALL powercat

TINY

see: sister school duke court

small purple circle in middle w/ white powercat

nike logos

jack hartman/tex winter/cotton fitzsimmons signatures

fire-breathing frank martin heads
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »
Signatures of old or dead people on the court?  eff, our fanbase deserves exactly what we are probably going to get.  Enjoy it losers.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 12:49:57 AM »
Signatures of old or dead people on the court?  foooock, our fanbase deserves exactly what we are probably going to get.  Enjoy it losers.

the signatures thing has already been done, and done way to much.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 09:07:41 AM »
Signatures of old or dead people on the court?  foooock, our fanbase deserves exactly what we are probably going to get.  Enjoy it losers.

I say let's roll out an awesome b-ball team and skull shazbot! the crap out of all the other teams that step on the court.  Who the hell cares about what the eff the court looks like?

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 10:22:53 AM »

I say let's roll out an awesome b-ball team and skull shazbot! the crap out of all the other teams that step on the court.  Who the hell cares about what the foooock the court looks like?

Me.