Author Topic: Farmageddon  (Read 9700 times)

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
Re: Farmageddon
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 10:26:40 AM »
i for one like that video.
really gives it a Roll Tide/War Eagle feel.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »
Was talking to an Iowa State player today (name unimportant as he's way down the depth chart)

"Rhoads is FURIOUS about not beating KSU yet. He's specified several times how close we've come and it's about damn time we beat them. Them and OU have been two teams he's brought up because we've never beat them in his tenure."

So excited for '12 Farmageddon  :excited:

It's going to be tough having that huge bullseye on our back in every game next season, but such is the life for an elite team.

Also, look at the purple from 1990-present day on the Wikipedia page.  I knew Farmageddon had turned into lawnmower vs grass in that timespan but all that purple...it just really sends the message home :love:
Little Known Fact... it was in the coaches contracts of serval Big XII schools that they could earn a bonus of $5,000. or more for beating little ole KSU in the late '90's & early 2000's.

Yes we were respected and feared.  :kstatriot:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
"beat Kansas State" was on a permanent list of about 6 goals hanging inside the front door of the Mizzou football facility in 2000.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Farmageddon
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2012, 07:16:58 PM »
"beat Kansas State" was on a permanent list of about 6 goals hanging inside the front door of the Mizzou football facility in 2000.

Oh man, no wonder Pinkel has a broken marriage and a drinking problem. Stress is a mother

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
Got my copy of NCAA 13 today, and was pleasantly surprised that EA recognized such a lopsided rivalry such as Farmageddon.   :emawkid:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
Got my copy of NCAA 13 today, and was pleasantly surprised that EA recognized such a lopsided rivalry such as Farmageddon.   :emawkid:

lol. EA Sports got trolled pretty hard.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »
 :lol:

is there anything different in 13 compared to 12?  because there normally isn't a big difference and i still waste money on it. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 07:46:25 PM »

v

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »

is there anything different in 13 compared to 12?  because there normally isn't a big difference and i still waste money on it.

The gameplay feels a lot different.  It plays faster, and I think passing is quite a bit harder. A lot more ill-advised passes get intercepted.

Also the motherfuckers rated Tyler Lockett a 62, kept Broderick Smith on the team, and no Bender.  Probably some other roster issues too.
:adios:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
bender is there.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »
bender is there.
Don't think so
QB #9, RS senior from Georgia is Tuggle
QB #4, RS freshman from Louisiana is Sams
QB #11, 5'11" white freshman from Kansas is Sam Johnson

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
weird, my copy has no kansas kid, but has #8 a true fr from NE.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »
weird, my copy has no kansas kid, but has #8 a true fr from NE.

Hmm... ps3 or XBox?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »
xbox

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »

Apparently, they now recognize Farmageddon as a heated rivalry :lol:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »
Next stop is obviously getting the CTR recognized.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »
CcAaRrSsOoNn3 (for Xbox) usually has a good roster update that includes player stats and physical characteristics (uniform accessories, body size/shape, hair, etc.).  I think the demo had Klein as a ginger.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »
Yeah, I realized that the roster update I got, they must have changed Bender to Johnson, because the Johnson I have is an 88 speed.  My bad.  Tuggle is still a QB though, and Lockett still sucks

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
Yeah, its great that baby L is a preseason aa, but has a terrible return rating, and overall really underrated.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 08:34:49 AM »

The gameplay feels a lot different.  It plays faster, and I think passing is quite a bit harder. A lot more ill-advised passes get intercepted.

Also the motherfuckers rated Tyler Lockett a 62, kept Broderick Smith on the team, and no Bender.  Probably some other roster issues too.

It's good that they finally fixed this. If there's one complaint I had about it in the past, it was "not enough interceptions". 
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 08:40:09 AM »
I played the game last night. Getting into the shotgun and running zone read with Klein and Hubert is a lot of fun. I wouldn't advise passing with K-State, though. The receivers drop way too many passes and Klein has a tendency to under throw them.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »
I played the game last night. Getting into the shotgun and running zone read with Klein and Hubert is a lot of fun. I wouldn't advise passing with K-State, though. The receivers drop way too many passes and Klein has a tendency to under throw them.

Well there is your first mistake. Make Sams QB, send Klien to TE or WR. Instant Natty/Panty Dropper Championship.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »

Well there is your first mistake. Make Sams QB, send Klien to TE or WR. Instant Natty/Panty Dropper Championship.

Yeah, I didn't have much time to play the game, but I plan on going back and adjusting Sams' stats to what they should be, then running around and throwing moon balls up and down the field all over everybody.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2012, 08:51:41 AM »

Yeah, I didn't have much time to play the game, but I plan on going back and adjusting Sams' stats to what they should be, then running around and throwing moon balls up and down the field all over everybody.

I dunno, I'm all for realism, but it gets old pretty quick when you have a guy rated 99 at everything.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »

It's not just K-State, everyone drops lots of passes.  I like to experiment with a bunch of different teams and every receiver in the game has butterfingers.  Doesn't matter whether they're 90+ overall or 60 overall.  Naturally the AI receivers drop passes at about 1/3 of the rate your receivers do and you're ten times more likely to drop a pass on 3rd down.