Author Topic: amazing win  (Read 1828 times)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
amazing win
« on: September 26, 2010, 01:37:02 AM »
against all odds  :woot:

really a clutch 4th quarter performance  :kstatriot:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: amazing win
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 01:40:57 AM »
ccq making plays:  3rd and 3 w/ a minute to go rolling backwards waiting for b-smith to get open ... cool as a zuchini

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 01:42:49 AM »
all is lost after b-smith drops a pass to put us in an impossible to make 3rd and 10; timeout; great play call -throwback to the tightend- grants the wildcats a new lease on life

smh

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 01:44:58 AM »
ccq making plays:  3rd and 3 w/ a minute to go rolling backwards waiting for b-smith to get open ... cool as a zuchini

Pretty amazing in the composure dept.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 01:47:28 AM »
I also loved how cool and collected the team was with less than a minute left on second down at the goal line. Amazing composure to realize that the clock almost perfectly coincided with the number of plays we could run before having to settle for a 4th down field goal as a worst case scenario. Lesser QB's would have burnt a timeout or tried to run a no huddle offense.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 01:58:08 AM »
I also loved how cool and collected the team was with less than a minute left on second down at the goal line. Amazing composure to realize that the clock almost perfectly coincided with the number of plays we could run before having to settle for a 4th down field goal as a worst case scenario. Lesser QB's would have burnt a timeout or tried to run a no huddle offense.

im sure the coaching staff had nothing to do with that...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 01:59:42 AM »

LHC Bill Snyder is a great coach, but a terrible clock manager. Coffman was free to call timeout without the coaching staff's permission, but he did not.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 02:01:11 AM »

LHC Bill Snyder is a great coach, but a terrible clock manager. Coffman was free to call timeout without the coaching staff's permission, but he did not.

so carson coffman is a better clock manager than LHC Bill Snyder?  really?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 02:12:56 AM »

Exactly what part did LHC Bill Snyder play in managing the final minute of the game? There was no timeout called, so he couldn't personally tell Coffman what to do. All LHC Bill Snyder could do was not call timeout himself. The rest of it was all on Carson.

Offline swish1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »

Exactly what part did LHC Bill Snyder play in managing the final minute of the game? There was no timeout called, so he couldn't personally tell Coffman what to do. All LHC Bill Snyder could do was not call timeout himself. The rest of it was all on Carson.

you are clearly correct.  LHC Bill Snyder and the coaching staff cant even remotely control what its offense does on the field, especially time management.  heaven forbid they tell the qb there is no hurry do to the time left on the clock.  you really think the coaches cant communicate with the qb from the sideline and tell them to slow down?  its simple hand gestures, no hurry etc.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 03:24:32 AM »

you are clearly correct.  LHC Bill Snyder and the coaching staff cant even remotely control what its offense does on the field, especially time management.  heaven forbid they tell the qb there is no hurry do to the time left on the clock.  you really think the coaches cant communicate with the qb from the sideline and tell them to slow down?  its simple hand gestures, no hurry etc.

Swish you're missing me off bro.  Snyder is a dreadful clock manager, always has been, its like his old synapses don't properly fire.  He mumped up the end of the first half just like he did against ISU & UCLA.  I think Carson was somewhat aloof to the clock situation at the end of the game, but anyone who attempts to argue that LHC Bill Snyder isn't a comically bad clock manager is either under 16 years old or has downs.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 07:07:35 AM »

Swish you're missing me off bro.  Snyder is a dreadful clock manager, always has been, its like his old synapses don't properly fire.  He mumped up the end of the first half just like he did against ISU & UCLA.  I think Carson was somewhat aloof to the clock situation at the end of the game, but anyone who attempts to argue that LHC Bill Snyder isn't a comically bad clock manager is either under 16 years old or has downs.

HCBS not letting bad QBs chuck hail marys  at the ends of halves does not make him a bad clock manager. I'd argue that he's a much worse QB recruiter than a clock manager.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »
The way CCQ played in the first half, CCQ would have thrown a 10-yd out that would have gone for a pick 6 when attempting a hail mary.

There was lots of LOL'ing and  :rolleyes: at the powertards at the end of the game that were complaining about the clock running.  30 seconds, first down clock stoppage, a timeout left.  LOTS of time.