Author Topic: "It's like your phone and your wallet had a beautiful baby"  (Read 1466 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
"It's like your phone and your wallet had a beautiful baby"
« on: September 23, 2010, 05:56:27 AM »
Venmo?

All the rage here in the district. VERY trendy to Venmo your morning coffee and Venmo your friends to split the check at Citronelle.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: "It's like your phone and your wallet had a beautiful baby"
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »
pffftttt, wake me up when it starts handing out SPG miles  :zzz:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »

But I can run into my regular coffee shop, grab a cookie and just yell "Venmo me!"

No waiting in lines!
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 07:22:38 AM »

But I can run into my regular coffee shop, grab a cookie and just yell "Venmo me!"

No waiting in lines!

My SPG Amex has that thing where I wave it in front of the machine and it charges it.  Plus it puts me up in a fancy hotel in Hawaii for a week and a half every couple years :dunno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 07:32:25 AM »
But does it make phone calls?

I honestly don't know why I'm defending this thing. I think it's a pain in the ass for trendy people who can't fit wallets into the pockets of their skinny jeans. I was actually at a restaurant this week and offered "cash" for my share of the bill. It was as if I was bartering with chickens or something.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 07:34:09 AM »
I was actually at a restaurant this week and offered "cash" for my share of the bill. It was as if I was bartering with chickens or something.

We should hang out when I'm in DC for a week in April.  You can hand me cash every day for the rest of your life and I'll get SPG miles for your portion.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 07:46:15 AM »
I was actually at a restaurant this week and offered "cash" for my share of the bill. It was as if I was bartering with chickens or something.

We should hang out when I'm in DC for a week in April.  You can hand me cash every day for the rest of your life and I'll get SPG miles for your portion.

Yeah. I really need to get around to doing this (the miles/points part). I've had the same shitty CC for about a dozen years.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 08:00:48 AM »

Yeah. I really need to get around to doing this (the miles/points part). I've had the same shitty CC for about a dozen years.

Wow, you are missing out.  You should take beems time machine and get a good credit card 12 years ago.