Author Topic: Mangino  (Read 4711 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Mangino
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »
I'd actually like to see that fat bastard on our football staff. 

I'd like a gold sombrero and a nuclear helicopter too.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 10:37:13 AM »
Ubbs has cottoned onto this story: Link

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 01:02:54 PM »
He would leave us at the first head coaching job.  He would rob our recruits. Plus, I can't help but think he hates Snyder and would try to sabatoge.

I understand what you're saying here, but nobody good is interested in hiring a walking heart attack that beats up players refs and fans. I could def see him realizing that coordinating is where he belongs and never head coaching anywhere again. Why would he hate snyder?

Seems like you are holding onto a grudge.  Best to just let it go and call a spade (amazing coach) a spade (amazing coach)

Living in Nebraska is really rubbing off on you SD....  :opcat: :frown:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 01:39:13 PM »
Let's be honest here.  We dodged a couple huge bullets here in the last few months.  First KU fires Mangino, national coach of the year and Orange Bowl winner and then ku barely coming in second in the Harbough sweepstakes.  Probably the bigger bullet of the two is Mangino, IMO.  The guy could flat out coach.  You simply don't win national coach of the year and an ORANGE BOWL without being an elite level coach. 

the big thing here is that he won that orange bowl while he was at ku which is the hardest place to win at and recruit to in the big12. anybody that says mangino isn't an amazing head coach is kidding themselves.

Offline BRULL

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 02:02:56 PM »
If KSU was to hire him back, how much more would the remodling fund need to be? :dunno:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »
Let's be honest here.  We dodged a couple huge bullets here in the last few months.  First KU fires Mangino, national coach of the year and Orange Bowl winner and then ku barely coming in second in the Harbough sweepstakes.  Probably the bigger bullet of the two is Mangino, IMO.  The guy could flat out coach.  You simply don't win national coach of the year and an ORANGE BOWL without being an elite level coach. 

the big thing here is that he won that orange bowl while he was at ku which is the hardest place to win at and recruit to in the big12. anybody that says mangino isn't an amazing head coach is kidding themselves.

Exactly.  I can't tell you how many coaches over the years have gone to that place (Lawrence) just to die and rot, but there have been a lot of them.

It's literally impossible to win there.  Crazy thing is, they finally strike a pot of gold and hire an elite level coach like Mangino, and then they fire him after one down season when a lot of people thought they actually might win the Big XII!  Nuts.  But at the end, their loss is our gain, I guess........I'm just glad I don't have to sweat bullets any longer over Mark Mangino building a monster.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 02:17:29 PM »

Baffled by the mish-mash of truth and apparent sarcasm in this post.  (Pretty sure Harbaugh was never going to go to KU.)
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."