Author Topic: Mangino  (Read 4710 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Mangino
« on: September 22, 2010, 05:31:44 PM »
Hired by Minnesota as a consultant

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mangino
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »
Hired by Minnesota as a consultant

HCIW?
RIP Fatty

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »
I'd actually like to see that fat bastard on our football staff. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »
Mangina was on the sidelines at TCF Bank Stadez this week, prowlin' in the black Adidas track suit that makes him look like a landing strip.  SkinnyBenny would have seen it if the scalpers hadn't been so unreasonable all the way through halftime, I mean come on huge black dudes, just because I'm white doesn't mean you get to rip me off.

Wanted to get in there and watch the goaferz be horrible.  A SkinBen/Mangino reunion would've been a ridic. bonus.   :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »
That's aboot the best job he coulda asked for, eh?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »
That's aboot the best job he coulda asked for, eh?

Brand new stadium, awesome facilities, no other pesky BCS school in the state.  Seems like it should be a good job...

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »
The Vikings are the official football team of the University of Minnesota, not the Gophers.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
The Vikings are the official football team of the University of Minnesota, not the Gophers.

the way the Vikings played last Sunday, they should be playing on Saturday.  :goodbyecruelworld:

P.S.  Can we get  :goodbyecruelworld: Haverhill's uncle?
RIP Fatty

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 02:36:12 AM »
"I wonder if he's lost or gained weight" - everyone

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 04:55:40 AM »

Sign me up.  Mangino can consult for me any day as long as consulting meant doing Del Miller's job for him in the coaching and recruiting departments.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 06:36:54 AM »
Are the hard feelings just too intense to get him back in Manhattan?  Mangino had a good eye for talent.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 07:09:55 AM »
the latest meek/tully podcast recapped a beautiful story about how Mangino would repeatedly fire his assistants in game over the headsets

i would die of happiness if the fat man would forgive us and come back.

:blank:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 07:51:39 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 08:03:10 AM »
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/sep/23/ad-says-mangino-not-hired-um/

still hope??

I know it's a pipe dream, but can you imagine a Mangino OC and Leavitt DC staff?

:runaway:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 08:13:19 AM »
Although I think that it would be awesome to stick it to KU by having their greatest coach of all-time prowling our sidelines again as a subordinate, I don't think I would ever be able to trust again.  SkinnyBenny's trust has been broken by Mangino one too many times.  He would leave us at the first head coaching job.  He would rob our recruits.   Plus, I can't help but think he hates Snyder and would try to sabatoge.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 08:17:24 AM »
Although I think that it would be awesome to stick it to KU by having their greatest coach of all-time prowling our sidelines again as a subordinate, I don't think I would ever be able to trust again.  SkinnyBenny's trust has been broken by Mangino one too many times.  He would leave us at the first head coaching job.  He would rob our recruits.   Plus, I can't help but think he hates Snyder and would try to sabatoge.

Maybe his time in Florida has changed him.  Maybe all the wrongdoing and demoralization at the hands of Lew Perkins really taught him a new appreciation for professionalism and loyalty.  Maybe.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 08:21:46 AM »
So happy he's not coaching uK anymore.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 08:27:06 AM »

I'd take him on our staff in a second. He would turn Cosh into a star.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 08:36:59 AM »

No doubt. Clearly, he's not a good people manager, but when he's where he belongs as a coordinator he's an elite level coach.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 08:37:52 AM »

No doubt. Clearly, he's not a good people manager, but when he's where he belongs as a coordinator he's an elite level coach.

He's an elite level head coach.  You don't win national coach of the year for being a coordinator only.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 08:51:25 AM »
He would leave us at the first head coaching job.  He would rob our recruits. Plus, I can't help but think he hates Snyder and would try to sabatoge.

I understand what you're saying here, but nobody good is interested in hiring a walking heart attack that beats up players refs and fans (according to his media image).  I could see him realizing that coordinating is where he belongs and never head coaching anywhere again. Would definitely be good for his health, at least. Why would he hate snyder?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:21:30 AM by Benja »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 08:52:28 AM »
He would leave us at the first head coaching job.  He would rob our recruits. Plus, I can't help but think he hates Snyder and would try to sabatoge.

I understand what you're saying here, but nobody good is interested in hiring a walking heart attack that beats up players refs and fans. I could def see him realizing that coordinating is where he belongs and never head coaching anywhere again. Why would he hate snyder?

Seems like you are holding onto a grudge.  Best to just let it go and call a spade (amazing coach) a spade (amazing coach)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 09:06:44 AM »
Let's be honest here.  We dodged a couple huge bullets here in the last few months.  First KU fires Mangino, national coach of the year and Orange Bowl winner and then ku barely coming in second in the Harbough sweepstakes.  Probably the bigger bullet of the two is Mangino, IMO.  The guy could flat out coach.  You simply don't win national coach of the year and an ORANGE BOWL without being an elite level coach. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 09:11:08 AM »
He would leave us at the first head coaching job.  He would rob our recruits. Plus, I can't help but think he hates Snyder and would try to sabatoge.

I understand what you're saying here, but nobody good is interested in hiring a walking heart attack that beats up players refs and fans. I could def see him realizing that coordinating is where he belongs and never head coaching anywhere again. Why would he hate snyder?

Seems like you are holding onto a grudge.  Best to just let it go and call a spade (amazing coach) a spade (amazing coach)

Just edited it a bit to clarify. The image he has now will be tough to recover from. It'll be enough to make most bigger name programs shy away from giving him a chance, and I think Mangino knows how good he is and has too much pride to go coach at any small school just to be a head coach again. Mangino is a great coach, maybe even elite, and I definitely don't have any grudge against the guy. He was portrayed as worse than he was at KU and pushed out by Lew and others for personal reasons. Head coaching requires more than just a great football mind, though.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »
But anyways, everyone yell at Bill and Currie and whoever when you see them on the street and keep sending angry emails until Mark Mangino is hired to come back home and we are awesome again. He's right there for the taking people.