Author Topic: Crazy cooking Husker thread  (Read 16681 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: This is the kind of Cornhole Myopia that I am going to miss . . .
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »
Our communities will definitely suffer a decline in confirmed polyester double-knit pants sightings.

Not to mention the bi-annual influx of 1970's vintage Baseball jackets sporting "Huskers" or "Nebraska" on the front.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 04:10:50 PM »
Yes, because losing a home game with Nebraska, and replacing it with a game against OU, ATM, or UT every year will just be horrific for us.  Not to mention that every team in the south including Baylor travels better then Colorado, and the fact that we may have an extra home game every other year.  We will definitely feel the pain on not having NU fans fill up our stadiums and hotels every other year.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »
Yes, because losing a home game with Nebraska, and replacing it with a game against OU, ATM, or UT every year will just be horrific for us.  Not to mention that every team in the south including Baylor travels better then Colorado, and the fact that we may have an extra home game every other year.  We will definitely feel the pain on not having NU fans fill up our stadiums and hotels every other year.

But this isn't 1989 anymore.  What's the economic impact of having a couple of extra thousand visiting fans in Manhattan every other year??  Negligible at best.   Most of them pile back into the 1977 Winnebago's and head on back to Chadron or Beatrice after the game anyway.

Offline Jackstraw

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 04:14:46 PM »
be careful Dax.  I heard he works with a cook that is HUGE.            :ohno:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »

But this isn't 1989 anymore.  What's the economic impact of having a couple of extra thousand visiting fans in Manhattan every other year??  Negligible at best.   Most of them pile back into the 1977 Winnebago's and head on back to Chadron or Beatrice after the game anyway.

Note the italics.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
Someday we will look back upon a time when a couple thousand Huskers came to Manhattan once every other year and just threw huge bags of money out the back of their Super Duty crew-cab diesel pickups. I'm going to miss some of my more favorite businesses in Manhattan that relied on all that 'Sker cash. Hope the Wal-mart makes it.   :frown:

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »
It's impossible to get a hotel in Manhattan on game weekend whether we are playing NU or not. 

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

as an example, the store I manage did better last Saturday without the football game then the MSU game. No joke, and my store is in a prime location to see a uptick in business from game day traffic.
RIP Fatty

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »
Great input so far, but remember never allow reality to get in the way of a Cornhole fans sense of self importance.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »
Great input so far, but remember never allow reality to get in the way of a Cornhole fans sense of self importance.

Their elite conference destination will appreciate the sophistication of the Nebraska fan base, and how their superior academic credentials put them clearly above the pedestrian conference Nebraska is leaving.  How do you fly with eagles when you are currently hanging with turkeys? 

I think that accurately captures the feeling in that thread.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »
Pride while you're at it, could you rustle me up a Steak, Medium Well, a nice salad, and what is your best potato dish??

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/45556-kansas-state-game-tickets/page__p__637705__fromsearch__1&#entry637705

Executive Chef.... pffft  :lol:

Someone tell pride that organizing/managing the Union Food Court doesn't make you a Chef, let alone an executive chef....

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »
An MU fan had a great point.

Perlman's original argument essentially said that Cornhole was Worthless.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »
holy crap :facepalm:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 05:05:02 PM »
I think OU alone will fill the void of Nebraska every other year.  Since the NEZ is sold out this year, I wonder if all the excess Nubbs will be sitting in the nosebleeds.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 05:45:44 PM »

Say's the Walmart employee.

You write how a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) person would write, bro.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline jake4kstate

• Fan
  • Fear the Beard 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »
those nu trash are really starting to get me pissed for oct 7th. seriously we need to make sure we buy up all the tickets as wildcat fans so that nubbs dont get anymore tickets than we send em.  we gotta get angry and loud because nething can happen on thursday night :kstatriot:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 05:58:04 PM »
great post, jake4kstate

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »
great post, jake4kstate

for some reason I read that post in the voice of Butters from South Park.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »
great post, jake4kstate

for some reason I read that post in the voice of Butters from South Park.

That made me laugh when I tried it.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 06:14:43 PM »

Say's the Walmart employee.

You write how a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) person would write, bro.

The loop is closing on this Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

What do you expect out of catering kitchen cook at the union.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 06:18:11 PM »
SkinBens- I absolutely love how I'm not the only one who can appreciate an eloquent BBS post. Poor grammar can GTFOOMF.

Offline powercat_62

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »
Pride while you're at it, could you rustle me up a Steak, Medium Well, a nice salad, and what is your best potato dish??

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/45556-kansas-state-game-tickets/page__p__637705__fromsearch__1&#entry637705
Well, well welll. The head Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) here finally figured out my occupation. Took what 2 years? What is your occupation,pray tell? Seems like your main forte is perusing the internet for information to make yourself seem so much smarter than Ben. Although I don't work at KSU anymore I still have many friends there. I still have to drive by that crap hole of a stadium everyday though.
Oh and Skinny. I was a line cook when you were still probably shitting green for your momma. I didn't mind taking 80 grand a year from Chartwells to run in upwards of 3 to 4 million a year in catering alone as well as doing all the skybox food and alcohol. Running the student union food service was fun for a time but all that fracking purple makes a person ill.

Catering all the Landon lectures was a pain in the a** and going to Wefalds house for private caterings was a nightmare. My son was Bill Snyders personal attendant for his skybox and always tipped him at least $100 every game. Bill has alot of class. Unlike Daxi.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2010, 07:05:26 PM »
Just had dinner with super big shot NU admin.

There's no rough ridin' money out there anywhere.  Something is wrong.  He'll hang. 
:surprised:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »

Well, well welll. The head Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) here finally figured out my occupation. Took what 2 years? What is your occupation,pray tell? Seems like your main forte is perusing the internet for information to make yourself seem so much smarter than Ben. Although I don't work at KSU anymore I still have many friends there. I still have to drive by that crap hole of a stadium everyday though.
Oh and Skinny. I was a line cook when you were still probably shitting green for your momma. I didn't mind taking 80 grand a year from Chartwells to run in upwards of 3 to 4 million a year in catering alone as well as doing all the skybox food and alcohol. Running the student union food service was fun for a time but all that fracking purple makes a person ill.

Catering all the Landon lectures was a pain in the a** and going to Wefalds house for private caterings was a nightmare. My son was Bill Snyders personal attendant for his skybox and always tipped him at least $100 every game. Bill has alot of class. Unlike Daxi.

What do you do now?  New Olive Garden?