Author Topic: Very important QB thread (super long and may sting the eyes)  (Read 5563 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Very important QB thread (super long and may sting the eyes)
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
Hey, Pete. I guess you think you know more than Coach Snyder? Why don't you just email him this dumbass suggestion. I'm sure he'll take it into consideration. :rolleyes:

Is the man from the other board the only sane one! :powerespect: ....are FR and RD the only ones around here see the are no options.  :goodbyecruelworld:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »
I would love to have Allen Webb on this team.

Nebraska kind of sucked then, don't think that would work again.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

Nebraska kind of sucked then, don't think that would work again.

Yeah. I have zero dreams of beating Nebraska. I'd just take a one-threat QB at this point.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »
You compared players, _33 and Pete were talking about situations, its two completely different things, they would never compare Freeman to Lamur it has nothing to do with the point.

We'll just have to disagree.  If Lamur is somewhere around as good as Freeman, then the situations are comparable just as _33 suggested (I think he was joking just like I was).  If Lamur is not close to Freeman's level then the situations are quite different.

Therefore, the comparison of Lamur to Freeman is very relevant to the comparison of the two situations.

Isn't part of the analogy dependent upon the comparo between Carsy versus K2 (see what I did there  :D)

Not sure.  Lemme ask my friends over at castefootball.com

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »

Even better, we have Chris Harper.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »

Even better, we have Chris Harper.

aaaaand begin thread.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 10:22:39 PM »
Why the desire for Lamur?  Why not just go with the wildcat?  Snap to Thomas and have Powell and Wilson in the backfield with him.

HEY MORON WE ALREADY RUN THE WILDCAT LIKE 10 TIMES A GAME!

If we run the wildcat, the defense will likely key on Daniel Thomas 120% of the time.  On the other hand, if we don't run the wildcat then defenses will only key on Daniel Thomas 100% of the time.

I see your point.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
Our best option is clearly Billy Cosh and I think he should start immediately.  He was the most badass QB in Maryland history, has the pedigree, and looks the part (see below).  The only reason you want SLamur is because of the Caste conspiracy theory.  :opcat:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=605.0

:lynchmob:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010, 10:52:16 PM »
Let's back up a step here before we get all panicky about how bad the Corn is going to destroy us and remember that their base defense is a nickel package.

When we line up against them they will only have 4 guys on their entire defense bigger than Daniel Thomas.  They have one LB that is listed over 225 lbs. and he is a backup.

They are not built to stop us.  They have a fantastic pass defense - the best in the country.  They have picked off 8 passes and returned 3 for scores in their three games.  Huge props to them.  That's why they are currently ranked in the top 10.

They are finely tuned to stop Mike Leach, Sam Bradford, and Colt McCoy.  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 11:00:54 PM »
Let's back up a step here before we get all panicky about how bad the Corn is going to destroy us and remember that their base defense is a nickel package.

When we line up against them they will only have 4 guys on their entire defense bigger than Daniel Thomas.  They have one LB that is listed over 225 lbs. and he is a backup.

They are not built to stop us.  They have a fantastic pass defense - the best in the country.  They have picked off 8 passes and returned 3 for scores in their three games.  Huge props to them.  That's why they are currently ranked in the top 10.

Ira just took me from tossing and turning all night to sleeping like Terry Schiavo.

Thanks IH.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 11:38:17 PM »

I hope we have 0 pass attempts in this case.  Maybe we could tie Queso's arms behind his back and give him a velcro jersey.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 06:47:43 AM »

I hope we have 0 pass attempts in this case.  Maybe we could tie Queso's arms behind his back and give him a velcro jersey.

Quote from: Pete
Carsy has severed

:surprised:  :runaway:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 06:50:53 AM »

Meh, I am also worried about their offense.  Let's not down play a top 10 oppo.  Let's remember that this is probably the best Nebraska team in about 10 years.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 06:56:03 AM »
Yeah. The good news is that we're both running teams. That'll shorten the game. Personally, I can't wait until we're down two scores late and have to unleash Coffman and the passing attack. SHOWTIME!
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59:20 AM »
maybe we could play the band as the football team and have the football team play instruments in the stand. really roll the dice for those three games.  :dunno:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 09:55:22 AM »
Give the track & fielders and baseball players a shot.