Author Topic: Tuggle > AE  (Read 6205 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tuggle > AE
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 11:45:32 PM »
So, we should pin our hopes on a guy who can't beat out a guy who is getting FCS interest?  :facepalm:

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

I'll try to make the point more clear.  In high school football, where the vast majority of kids aren't good enough to play in college, if you have to kids who are good enough athletes to play at the next level, you have to find a way to get both of them on the field.

So, if Kid A is good enough to play QB at an FCS school and Kid B is good enough to play at a BCS school in multiple positions (because he's just a great athlete), you let Kid A play quarterback and Kid B play WR/RB/QB because Kid C is some nose-picking jabroni who will most likely spend the next four years of his life working at Foot Locker, and you don't want him on the field because Kid A isn't as good of a QB as Kid B.

Maybe the combo of this kid at QB and Sams at WR is better than Sams at QB and the other kid at WR.  So that's what the coach goes with.  Regardless, it means you have two college level athletes on the field at the same time as opposed to one of them sitting on the bench because he's not as good at QB as the other guy.

His coach says you're mildly Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

"That's inside information. However it works out, it works out,'' is how Salmen Coach Jerry Leonard politely responded when asked about the quarterback competition on the state's No. 2 ranked team. Early returns have Matt Lipham still holding a slight edge over fellow senior Daniel Sams, the 2009 starter, who was demoted and then dismissed from school for a non-football incident, which opened the door for Lipham's emergence. In Friday's 42-0 jamboree victory against Pearl River, the two shared series with Lipham running 56 yards for a touchdown on the Spartans' first snap from scrimmage and Sams, a Kansas State commitment, completing a 59-yard scoring pass to Jamal Robinson on Salmen's next possession. "We don't have a starting quarterback, we have two starting quarterbacks,'' Leonard said. "They're both very good quarterbacks. They're both good enough to start. We don't know who will start yet because we haven't had Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday's practice yet. We have a plan. It will be a game-time decision.''

Sure as hell sounds like they're splitting duties @ QB to me because neither has distanced themselves from the other. 

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/08/south_plaquemines_ranked_no_1.html

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 11:49:09 PM »
There is probably a reason why no one else is recruiting him as a QB.

And everyone else wanted DT to be a safety.   :facepalm:

If you remember, you and all your idiot friends were hoping and praying that DT would be the answer for us @ QB.  Just like you and all your retards friends were hoping and praying that Harper would be the answer for us @ QB.  I have an idea-  Let's get behind a guy (Tuggle) that is a proven QB, one who has been able to be the starter at the high school  :surprised:, juco, and BCS levels rather than hope and pray that this kid will be the answer for us @ QB.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 06:31:38 AM »
So, we should pin our hopes on a guy who can't beat out a guy who is getting FCS interest?  :facepalm:

I'll try to make the point more clear.  In high school football, where the vast majority of kids aren't good enough to play in college, if you have to kids who are good enough athletes to play at the next level, you have to find a way to get both of them on the field.

So, if Kid A is good enough to play QB at an FCS school and Kid B is good enough to play at a BCS school in multiple positions (because he's just a great athlete), you let Kid A play quarterback and Kid B play WR/RB/QB because Kid C is some nose-picking jabroni who will most likely spend the next four years of his life working at Foot Locker, and you don't want him on the field because Kid A isn't as good of a QB as Kid B.

Maybe the combo of this kid at QB and Sams at WR is better than Sams at QB and the other kid at WR.  So that's what the coach goes with.  Regardless, it means you have two college level athletes on the field at the same time as opposed to one of them sitting on the bench because he's not as good at QB as the other guy.

His coach says you're mildly Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

"That's inside information. However it works out, it works out,'' is how Salmen Coach Jerry Leonard politely responded when asked about the quarterback competition on the state's No. 2 ranked team. Early returns have Matt Lipham still holding a slight edge over fellow senior Daniel Sams, the 2009 starter, who was demoted and then dismissed from school for a non-football incident, which opened the door for Lipham's emergence. In Friday's 42-0 jamboree victory against Pearl River, the two shared series with Lipham running 56 yards for a touchdown on the Spartans' first snap from scrimmage and Sams, a Kansas State commitment, completing a 59-yard scoring pass to Jamal Robinson on Salmen's next possession. "We don't have a starting quarterback, we have two starting quarterbacks,'' Leonard said. "They're both very good quarterbacks. They're both good enough to start. We don't know who will start yet because we haven't had Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday's practice yet. We have a plan. It will be a game-time decision.''

Sure as hell sounds like they're splitting duties @ QB to me because neither has distanced themselves from the other. 

You kind of glossed over the part where Sams was demoted for a non-football related incident, and the replacement, a kid good enough to get offers from FCS schools, did a good job in his stead.

Again, I'm not going to explain how this works.  I'm just saying that you're really reading way too much into it, and it's all academic anyway because the kid is years away from being a D1 QB.  Hence the need to bring in a JUCO QB.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 06:46:24 AM »

If you remember, you and all your idiot friends were hoping and praying that DT would be the answer for us @ QB.  Just like you and all your retards friends were hoping and praying that Harper would be the answer for us @ QB.  I have an idea-  Let's get behind a guy (Tuggle) that is a proven QB, one who has been able to be the starter at the high school  :surprised:, juco, and BCS levels rather than hope and pray that this kid will be the answer for us @ QB.

http://tuggle.it/

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 12:50:48 PM »

Slow down there big guy.  Lets get one thing straight.  I have NEVER prayed.  Ever.  And I have NEVER claimed to have friends, idiot Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) or otherwise.   
3021  RIP

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »
I look forward to seeing Daniel Sams as QB for the cats. I'm not looking forward to hearing all the tards say "Put Sams in the game!" over the next year or two when he is just not ready to play at the D1 level.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »
This thread is racist.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »

You kind of glossed over the part where Sams was demoted for a non-football related incident, and the replacement, a kid good enough to get offers from FCS schools, did a good job in his stead.

Again, I'm not going to explain how this works.  I'm just saying that you're really reading way too much into it, and it's all academic anyway because the kid is years away from being a D1 QB.  Hence the need to bring in a JUCO QB.

The issue here is jtksu is Kid C and you forced him to go back and relieve the painful memories of his high school "glory"...

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 02:00:42 PM »

Character issues.   :love:
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »
Angelo is quietly lurking in the shadows.
EMAW

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 03:34:34 PM »
Angelo is quietly lurking in the shadows.

THIS!  It's gonna be two JUCO QB's battling it out in the fall with Klein moving to defensive end!  Totally being serious.

Tuggle will win the battle, Pease will be a slot receiver/wildcat QB.
3021  RIP

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
Pease will be a quarterback.
EMAW

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »
Don't forget about Cosh! Oh my, next offseason should be fantastic!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »
What is the problem with recruiting both Tuggle and Sams, then pulling a Harper on Sams?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 03:57:35 PM »
What is the problem with recruiting both Tuggle and Sams, then pulling a Harper on Sams?

Tuggle would be a junior when he arrives on campus. Sams could be given a redshirt and be a damned good quarterback as a sophomore when Tuggle graduates.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »

Does "pulling a Harper" mean totally forget he exists?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »

Does "pulling a Harper" mean totally forget he exists?

Telling him he gets to be our QB, then changing his position, and doing it all in such a way that he is OK with it.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 04:03:36 PM »
JFC!  Now you people are expecting Sams to be a "damned good" QB as a sophomore?!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 04:04:53 PM »
JFC!  Now you people are expecting Sams to be a "damned good" QB as a sophomore?!

Redshirt sophomore, and the key phrase is "could be."

Offline Iceberg

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 04:06:57 PM »
lazer arm never lost a HS game.  dSams doesn't even play QB on every snap for his HS team.  ergo dSams isn't good enough to play QB for your Kansas State Wildcats.

WAIT. Our current QBs don't start a QB every snap either!!!!  Wildcat buddy.

I think the wildcat is here to stay. dSams is a perfect fit imo.

gtfoomf

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
Sams could be the second coming of Ell and not be ready to start until his red-shirt junior season. Counting on him for next year is beyond optimistic.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2010, 04:49:55 PM »
you know, i was just thinking. Sams is probably going to be a future NFL hall of famer at QB. We need to get this kid!!
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles