Author Topic: Tuggle > AE  (Read 6206 times)

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Tuggle > AE
« on: September 19, 2010, 11:52:41 PM »
Worst Comp Pct in Single Game
FBS Quarterbacks Since 2004

SEASON
Pat Julmiste, USF 15.0 2004
Allan Evridge, KSU 18.5 2005
Jake Locker, WASH 20.0 2010
Justin Tuggle, BC 20.0 2009
Mike McGann, TEM 20.0 2005

Minimum 20 Pass attempts

:users:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Tuggle > AE
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »
And this information is relevant how? 

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:00:02 AM »
The smart ass answer is "it's not".  But i'm assuming you probably don't know that JT is likely our starting qb next year.  Just found it intesting that he and AE end up on the same list.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:05:38 AM »
Daniel Sams isn't coming here anymore?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »

Sams isn't even the fulltime QB for his high school team.  And that stat is from Tuggle's freshman year when he was unexpectedly bumped up from 3rd to 1st on the depth chart to start a season.  

Tuggle’s top attribute is his athleticism. He is cat quick in the pocket and is very dangerous when things break down because he can make a play with his arm and legs. Tuggle can throw on the run and is so elusive in the open field. He shows a very strong arm and the ability to throw the deep out with a lot of velocity. Seems to see the field real well.

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

http://www.theroadtotampabay.com/blogs/bc/2009/08/30/who-is-justin-tuggle/

*edit-  Nowadays, Tuggle is the starting QB for the defending champion and current top 10 Blinn.  We're supposed to have a great in with Blinn, but that obviously didn't help too much with Newton.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:18:44 AM by jtksu »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:26:59 AM »
This poor bastard transferred from BC the same time Tuggle did.

Oh, and Tuggle is Jessie Tuggle's son, so that's pretty cool.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:21 AM »

Sams isn't even the fulltime QB for his high school team.  And that stat is from Tuggle's freshman year when he was unexpectedly bumped up from 3rd to 1st on the depth chart to start a season.  

Tuggle’s top attribute is his athleticism. He is cat quick in the pocket and is very dangerous when things break down because he can make a play with his arm and legs. Tuggle can throw on the run and is so elusive in the open field. He shows a very strong arm and the ability to throw the deep out with a lot of velocity. Seems to see the field real well.

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

http://www.theroadtotampabay.com/blogs/bc/2009/08/30/who-is-justin-tuggle/

*edit-  Nowadays, Tuggle is the starting QB for the defending champion and current top 10 Blinn.  We're supposed to have a great in with Blinn, but that obviously didn't help too much with Newton.

you keep pumping this talking point about sams isn't good because he's not taking every snap for salmen, but I'm not buying.  He's the best athlete on the field.  If you were his coach and you had another guy who could throw the ball, why wouldn't you put sams at RB and WR some of the time?  The coach at salmen is trying to win games, not to specifically make sure that sams gets groomed for his future college position.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 08:32:40 AM »
Everything I read a couple of weeks ago said that Sams High School team is a powerhouse.   The one game I read about pretty much painted Sams a modern day Jim Thorpe.   He threw for over 100 yards, ran for some more, caught a 49 yard TD pass, and punted once for 42 yards and had several tackles on defense.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 08:37:52 AM »
Everything I read a couple of weeks ago said that Sams High School team is a powerhouse.   The one game I read about pretty much painted Sams a modern day Jim Thorpe.   He threw for over 100 yards, ran for some more, caught a 49 yard TD pass, and punted once for 42 yards and had several tackles on defense.

Yeah, he's the best player on a team ranked nationally. 

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 08:38:37 AM »

Do you not understand though?! He is not the full time starting quarterback, do you think he will be able to last a full four quarters in a Division 1 game playing at one position. I personally don't.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 08:51:36 AM »

Do you not understand though?! He is not the full time starting quarterback, do you think he will be able to last a full four quarters in a Division 1 game playing at one position. I personally don't.

w/ our quarterback successes I'll take him and hope that by his junior year he's good to go.  If not put him at slot receiver or LB.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »
lazer arm never lost a HS game.  dSams doesn't even play QB on every snap for his HS team.  ergo dSams isn't good enough to play QB for your Kansas State Wildcats.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
The thing is- If Sams was a capable QB they would play him fulltime at QB.  You want him to get as many touches as possible?  How about if he touches the ball every single play?  I have a feeling he is a DT type of player.  You know Snyder would love to have DT @ QB but he simply isn't a D1 QB.  An incredible player that can throw the ball a little but not a D1 QB.  It's not like Sams' team has some stud @ QB or anything.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »
The thing is- If Sams was a capable QB they would play him fulltime at QB.  You want him to get as many touches as possible?  How about if he touches the ball every single play?  I have a feeling he is a DT type of player.  You know Snyder would love to have DT @ QB but he simply isn't a D1 QB.  An incredible player that can throw the ball a little but not a D1 QB.  It's not like Sams' team has some stud @ QB or anything.

my guess??

Their QB is an unathletic dude(most likely white :)) who can throw a good ball.

Sams is an athletic stud who can throw and catch and do w/e he wants on the field. So the coach utilizes both their talents. Just my guess.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
How many guys who weren't the starting QB in high school evolved into quality D1 QBs, ever?  I can't think of any...

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
There is probably a reason why no one else is recruiting him as a QB.

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 09:18:27 PM »
There is probably a reason why no one else is recruiting him as a QB.

And everyone else wanted DT to be a safety.   :facepalm:
3021  RIP

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
Didn't Sams tranfer to this HS for just his Sr year?  Could be why the HC is starting the caste QB :donno:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »
oooo point to Pittcat
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 10:33:47 PM »
3021  RIP

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 10:49:18 PM »

Actually, their QB is getting attention from FCS schools.  If you've got two kids capable of playing QB at a FCS or above level, you don't let one of them sit on the bench.

In high school football, kids play "out of position" all of the time because, frankly, most high school players aren't very good.  It's a rarity for the vast majority of high schools to have one kid capable of playing FCS ball let alone two or three of them.    If one of the kids playing quarterback is capable of sliding over and playing another position, you do that because you want as many athletes on the field as you can get.  Instead of having one college caliber player on the field, you now have two.  It's just math.

Regardless, Sams is going to be a project, and he's at least two years (from when he gets to KSU) from seeing the field.  That's why bringing in a JUCO kid is pretty important.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
So, we should pin our hopes on a guy who can't beat out a guy who is getting FCS interest?  :facepalm:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »
oooo point to Panj.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
So, we should pin our hopes on a guy who can't beat out a guy who is getting FCS interest?  :facepalm:

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

I'll try to make the point more clear.  In high school football, where the vast majority of kids aren't good enough to play in college, if you have to kids who are good enough athletes to play at the next level, you have to find a way to get both of them on the field.

So, if Kid A is good enough to play QB at an FCS school and Kid B is good enough to play at a BCS school in multiple positions (because he's just a great athlete), you let Kid A play quarterback and Kid B play WR/RB/QB because Kid C is some nose-picking jabroni who will most likely spend the next four years of his life working at Foot Locker, and you don't want him on the field because Kid A isn't as good of a QB as Kid B.

Maybe the combo of this kid at QB and Sams at WR is better than Sams at QB and the other kid at WR.  So that's what the coach goes with.  Regardless, it means you have two college level athletes on the field at the same time as opposed to one of them sitting on the bench because he's not as good at QB as the other guy.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:30 PM »
Didn't Sams tranfer to this HS for just his Sr year?  Could be why the HC is starting the caste QB :donno:

No, he was @ Salmen last year and is at Salmen this year.  He may have transferred prior to that, I don't know.