Author Topic: If the Chiefs can't beat Seneca Wallace's Browns today then let's hang it up...  (Read 5435 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
 :blank:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Absolutely Pete.

If the Chiefs lose today, I will consider CONSIDER no longer replacing home of the chiefs with home of the chiefs.

Consider.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Absolutely Pete.

If the Chiefs lose today, I will consider CONSIDER no longer replacing home of the chiefs with home of the chiefs.

Consider.

You're one of THOSE guys huh?  I am the one who says "eff the Chiefs" after everyone says home of the chiefs.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I too always go with home of the CHIEFS....but this Seneca Wallace thing really stings, ya know?  I mean, we have to beat them twice in one weekend.  That's tough to do.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
I'm coming to grips with reality that Senecca Wallace is a considerably better NFL quarterback than Matt Cassel.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I wish Matt Cassel would develop an inoperable shoulder hernia and retire to a life of great personal fulfillment by going pro in something other than sports.   This is my wish.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I find myself wishing they would play *gasp* Brody.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I find myself wishing they would play *gasp* Brody.

Is there anyone I can blow to make Haley start Brody in the second half?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
We have seen enough from Brody to know he is just as bad, only more brittle.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Are you high?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: If the Chiefs can't beat Seneca Wallace's Browns today then let's hang it up
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 01:42:44 PM »
Would really put a damper on the Farmageddon weekend if they lose.  Carson Cassel is horrible.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I've seen enough from Cassel in this game to know he is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.  It's not like we have anything to lose at this point.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
I wish we never got rid of Tyler Thigpen. He was better than Croyle and Cassel.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: If the Chiefs can't beat Seneca Wallace's Browns today then let's hang it up
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 01:58:02 PM »
This is a little OT but was curious what you guys thought about the Chief's playing a game in Manhattan?  You think the stadium would be half full or would they get great support?  :dunno:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Why the eff are we running a sweep play on 3 and 1 inside their 10 yard line. Run towards the first down not away from it. JFC Charlie Weis.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
I wish we never got rid of Tyler Thigpen. He was better than Croyle and Cassel.

He was OK, in the pistol offense.  Dreadful without it.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
2-0
 :katpak:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CHIEFS
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 03:33:55 PM »
FIRST PLACE!!
:dancing:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »
This is a little OT but was curious what you guys thought about the Chief's playing a game in Manhattan?  You think the stadium would be half full or would they get great support?  :dunno:

That would be pretty silly.  They just about fill Arrowhead (71,297 for the opener) so why move to a much smaller venue?  Even for one game, you're still talking about losing an assload of money.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
The chiefs are going to be embarrassed in the playoffs. :facepalm:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The chiefs are going to be embarrassed in the playoffs. :facepalm:

crap.  I don't think a single Chiefs fan would be upset at all with a first round playoff loss.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pretty sure the Carolina Panthers have the worst starter in the NFL.

Really disappointed in this Panther Organization.  Something has caused them to batten down the hatches and not spend any money, and it shows.

Watched a lot of the Chiefs as well.  Cassel was awful. 

But good thing is, lots of Browns fans here (I mean really, I believe half the F'ing state of Ohio has moved to North Carolina), so in their case . . . Scoreboard.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Pretty sure the Carolina Panthers have the worst starter in the NFL.

Really disappointed in this Panther Organization.  Something has caused them to batten down the hatches and not spend any money, and it shows.

Watched a lot of the Chiefs as well.  Cassel was awful. 

But good thing is, lots of Browns fans here (I mean really, I believe half the F'ing state of Ohio has moved to North Carolina), so in their case . . . Scoreboard.

Cassel was dogshit but he did have a "decent" 2nd half, by Cassel standards. 

Chiefs are young and making strides, and still have the 2nd lowest payroll in the NFL.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax, isn't the OB that owns the Panther's on his last legs?  The 2nd gen owners that have never made any money themselves are either very conservative or totally bat crap crazy (Dolen w/ NYC Knicks). 

I think the owners that do not have a high local cash flow are really just playing out the string until there is a new labor agreement.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax, isn't the OB that owns the Panther's on his last legs?  The 2nd gen owners that have never made any money themselves are either very conservative or totally bat crap crazy (Dolen w/ NYC Knicks). 

I think the owners that do not have a high local cash flow are really just playing out the string until there is a new labor agreement.

The owners are still making a ton of money.  Maybe Carolina is poorly ran or poorly coached or something but it's not because their owner doesn't have the money to pay quality players.

Quote from:  February of 2010
Overall TV ratings for the league this season were higher than they've been in 20 years.

This past fall, TV deals with CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN paid each team almost $100 million. Fourteen of the 15 most-watched shows on network TV were NFL games. Fourteen of the 15 most-watched shows on cable TV were NFL games. Only nine shows on TV were watched by 25 million or more people. They were all NFL games. The game in October between the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers was the most-watched show on cable TV ever.

Forbes magazine says 25 sports franchises on the planet are worth $1 billion or more — the New York Yankees, five European soccer clubs, and 19 NFL franchises.

Even the lowest-valued of the 32 NFL teams, the Oakland Raiders, worth approximately $800 million, is worth more than all but three Major League Baseball teams and all the teams in the National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League.

The values of franchises in the NFL over the last 15 years have gone up 500 percent.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/nation/article1071306.ece