Author Topic: Governor Christie nails it again  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
Governor Christie nails it again
« on: September 10, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Governor Christie nails it again
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:15:51 PM »
Having absolutely zero idea as to who that guy is, he freaking nails it. Suck it teachers union.
[

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
Having absolutely zero idea as to who that guy is

ha, use google, dumbass.  How many freaking governors do you think there are?

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
Having absolutely zero idea as to who that guy is

ha, use google, dumbass.  How many freaking governors do you think there are?

WIKIPEDIA:
"Christie has faced some criticism for actions and decisions taken by the U.S. Attorney's Office during his tenure. Much of this criticism has centered on his office's appointments of federal monitors in deferred prosecution agreements, and on claims that Christie used the power of his office to tarnish Democrats facing election. Christie has also been criticized by the ACLU for his office's use of warrantless cellphone tracking[18] and for what critics claim was entrapment in a high-profile terrorism case.[19]"

:facepalm:
[

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:57:04 PM »
Obviously, my wife needs to teach in NJ. 

As a KS teacher, she has not received a raise the last two years straight.  Out of the last 8 yrs, she has received a raise that was more than 1% three times.

As a KS teacher, our insurance premium went up 24% over the last 12mo and if it does so again next year, our premium for a healthy family of 4 will exceed our monthly mortgage payment for our $180k house.

All this while being nominated for teacher of the year on the district level 3 times and KS teacher of the year once.

Teachers getting bad press these days for issues such as those discussed in that vid.  Don't group them all together.  State to state things are different.

That guy did nail it on that issue.

I really think that schools, and all the related services associated with the operations and maintenance of the facilities, should be privatized.  The existing system is dead.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 09:22:58 PM »

As a KS teacher, she has not received a raise the last two years straight.  Out of the last 8 yrs, she has received a raise that was more than 1% three times.

As a KS teacher, our insurance premium went up 24% over the last 12mo and if it does so again next year, our premium for a healthy family of 4 will exceed our monthly mortgage payment for our $180k house.

All this while being nominated for teacher of the year on the district level 3 times and KS teacher of the year once.

Teachers getting bad press these days for issues such as those discussed in that vid.  Don't group them all together.  State to state things are different.

I really think that schools, and all the related services associated with the operations and maintenance of the facilities, should be privatized.  The existing system is dead.

Raises are done on district by district contract basis, iirc

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »

Negotiated between KNEA/Teachers and School District.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

Yes, each district gets a lump sum of money based on quantity of kids, iirc.  However, most districts around where I live have received a lot less money in the last two years, as the State has cut it's allocated dollars/kid.  Same facilities/salaries but less money.  Cuts like crazy.  No raises.  I get it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »

Difference being that NEA is not a union in KS.  NEA is in other states, but not in KS. Basically, in my wife's district, there are a few teachers, district wide, nominated to handle the negotiations.  It is a really badly set up system.  Teachers are horrible negotiators.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 07:20:51 AM »
I fortunately got my wife to drop knea. Was in it mostly for the insurance.  A friend who used to teach told us about a Christian teachers union she used to belong to.  Its considerably cheaper and she still gets the insurance.  Plus her money doesn't go to funding radical politicians.  She really didn't have any impact on her old union negotiations anyway.  So same benefits, less cost, less turdishness.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 02:00:31 PM »
If your wife didn't get involved with negotiations, that is her fault not the association's.  She profited off the work of others while complaining about it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
To be expected when you aren't smart enough to do better than a degree in ED.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
If your wife didn't get involved with negotiations, that is her fault not the association's.  She profited off the work of others while complaining about it.

Your level of douchieness is unprecedented.  Eat crap and die

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 01:34:39 AM »

BUZZZ wrong dumbass, you're much better at being a perv, really too stupid for stuff like this.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 08:22:04 AM »

BUZZZ wrong dumbass, you're much better at being a perv, really too stupid for stuff like this.

Holy carp!  Then my teacher wife must have been lying to me all these years!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:49 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/nyregion/christie-fields-criticism-for-state-helicopter-trip.html

Just another politician that follows the religion of "do as I say, not as I do"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 04:06:16 PM »
I like this one better
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110601/ts_yblog_theticket/chris-christie-takes-state-helicopter-to-sons-baseball-game

If he spent less time pontificating and more time on the treadmill he wouldn't be wasting taxpayer money to this extent.  Okay so he used a helicopter, whatever.  I'd love for one of you neo-cons to rationalize him wasting taxpayer dollars to have a car drive from wherever it came from to wait for this helicopter to arrive, drive the whale 100 yards, wait again, drive it 100 yards back and finally drive back to wherever he came from.  He rough ridin' hired a car service to drive him 200 yards round trip at a high school baseball game.  What a fat rough ridin' embarrassment to human kind.  He's going to earn the eventual coronary.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »
I like this one better
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110601/ts_yblog_theticket/chris-christie-takes-state-helicopter-to-sons-baseball-game

If he spent less time pontificating and more time on the treadmill he wouldn't be wasting taxpayer money to this extent.  Okay so he used a helicopter, whatever.  I'd love for one of you neo-cons to rationalize him wasting taxpayer dollars to have a car drive from wherever it came from to wait for this helicopter to arrive, drive the whale 100 yards, wait again, drive it 100 yards back and finally drive back to wherever he came from.  He rough ridin' hired a car service to drive him 200 yards round trip at a high school baseball game.  What a fat rough ridin' embarrassment to human kind.  He's going to earn the eventual coronary.

Yeah, he probably should have jogged.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 02:39:29 PM »
yah. stick it to those overpaid..coddled teachers. :jerk:

Hey, remember when they made a bunch of bad deals and it sunk Wal Street! those effers.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »
yah. stick it to those overpaid..coddled teachers. :jerk:

Hey, remember when they made a bunch of bad deals and it sunk Wal Street! those effers.

More incoherent than usual.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 12:39:59 AM »
those rough ridin' teachers need to shutup, and the rough ridin' parents need to control their kids

my god i would be a good president, i just need funding for advertisements

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 01:43:01 AM »
My Dad has been a teacher/ coach for 26 years.  Never been apart of any union.  Pretty much despises them.  Props to pops.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 05:46:13 AM »
My Dad has been a teacher/ coach for 26 years.  Never been apart of any union.  Pretty much despises them.  Props to pops.

any chance your dad rocks a union salary?  Pretty good chance he does.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 08:53:59 AM »

I thought "The Pit" was above whining how the phat cat politicians utilize tens of thousands of dollars government resources for legitimate purposes (legitimate within their worthless code of ethics).

Mods, pls merge with the thread about Michelle Obama flying on a private jet to France for dinner and shopping.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 09:07:17 AM »
I completely understand the union bashing of the East coast states like NY and NJ but the unions operating here aren't in the same realm as those guys.