Author Topic: Future schedule update...  (Read 106275 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Future schedule update...
« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2021, 03:29:16 PM »
Does Stanford suck crap now?

they are basically us TBH
Great comparo. Nevada will be tough next season too.

Offline SteelCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 13, 2021, 03:40:35 PM »
Excited to see the Cats in Arlington!  Of course I live in the Dallas Metro.   Understand the impact of taking a game from Manhattan, but this is a unique opportunity and we do have 7 remaining home games.  Also, if there are still seating restrictions in Manhattan then this is a big help to the budget.  Of course, big games in Manhattan with a full crowd are AWESOME!!!  Main thing is to WIN the DAMN GAME!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:53 PM »
hell yeah, we get the pageantry elements

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 13, 2021, 03:48:24 PM »
But there's loads of taco bells ever-y-where around that stadium.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 13, 2021, 03:50:46 PM »
Why not just do this for all of our games? We could travel the country like the Harlem Globetrotters, netting an extra $1.5 to $3 million per game, and not have to spend a dime on maintenance.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 13, 2021, 04:03:07 PM »
If this isn’t extremely limited capacity I may try to make it. 6 hour drive is a lot better than 15

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 13, 2021, 04:09:19 PM »
No reason it couldn't be full capacity. Just require proof of vaccination.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 13, 2021, 04:11:40 PM »
Why not just do this for all of our games? We could travel the country like the Harlem Globetrotters, netting an extra $1.5 to $3 million per game, and not have to spend a dime on maintenance.

Think of the community of Manhattan, it would be completely devastated.  Dust bowl level depression.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 13, 2021, 04:13:24 PM »

I still have no idea how the math works out for the cowboys/Jerry. Like WTF does he get out of it

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 13, 2021, 04:21:49 PM »

I still have no idea how the math works out for the cowboys/Jerry. Like WTF does he get out of it

Is it possible to hand out tax breaks for every event held in the area that provides economic stimulus to hotels/restaurants/bars?  Or maybe to achieve tax breaks he is required to host "x" amount of events per year?

That being said if this is held in a post-COVID world there could be a solid 40k fans.  I'm sure that is decently profitable. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 13, 2021, 04:25:55 PM »

Is it possible to hand out tax breaks for every event held in the area that provides economic stimulus to hotels/restaurants/bars?  Or maybe to achieve tax breaks he is required to host "x" amount of events per year?

That being said if this is held in a post-COVID world there could be a solid 40k fans.  I'm sure that is decently profitable. 

I'm very curious about this as well.  Kurtz says KSU is being paid $2.8m.  Rusty indicated above that it's the Cowboys paying it.  What do the Cowboys get for their $2.8m that justifies that price?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 13, 2021, 04:26:12 PM »

how can they pay out $5.6 million with 40k fans when we net like $500k for a game with 50k fans?

https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/1349473249755885572

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 13, 2021, 04:26:49 PM »
I'm very curious about this as well.  Kurtz says KSU is being paid $2.8m.  Rusty indicated above that it's the Cowboys paying it.  What do the Cowboys get for their $2.8m that justifies that price?

maybe allstate chips in as well? dunno

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 13, 2021, 04:29:33 PM »

how can they pay out $5.6 million with 40k fans when we net like $500k for a game with 50k fans?

Has to be TV or something, or maybe the booze sales that KSU doesn’t get at scale like jerry world will.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 13, 2021, 04:32:58 PM »
Has to be TV or something, or maybe the booze sales that KSU doesn’t get at scale like jerry world will.

So this game is no longer part of KSU/Big 12's TV rights, and it'll be on whatever station buys it from the Cowboys?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 13, 2021, 04:36:56 PM »

I think they only have to pay Kansas State. Stanford played their home game and we are selling ours.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 13, 2021, 04:39:34 PM »

So this game is no longer part of KSU/Big 12's TV rights, and it'll be on whatever station buys it from the Cowboys?

I am pretty sure KSU retains 3rd tier rights for non con games but I could be wrong on that.  I suppose they could sell those rights to the Cowboys for some of that revenue increase.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 13, 2021, 04:45:14 PM »

I think they only have to pay Kansas State. Stanford played their home game and we are selling ours.

that makes it more feasible, but there's still a weird gap here. I don't think booze would make the difference, but it might!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 13, 2021, 04:49:07 PM »
I don't get it.  If Jerry Jones knows how to make enough money to profit off paying us $2.8m for this crap game, I guess we can give up this one game to learn the secret and start doing that.  I see unsold-out games at KSU stadium broadcast on ESPN adjace channels at 11am with retractable hoses being the featured advertisers.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 13, 2021, 05:17:37 PM »
MIR will likely come along at 3 a.m tomorrow to give us the real scoop

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 13, 2021, 05:26:36 PM »
What should we spend 2.8 million simoleons on?

Probably should buy a bunch of catering from local businesses for the athletes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 13, 2021, 05:27:26 PM »
Down payment on lazy River?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo