Author Topic: Future schedule update...  (Read 106283 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Future schedule update...
« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2020, 04:07:38 PM »
Did the Stanford game get moved to a neutral site, or are they still just talking about maybe moving it?

they've only talked about it

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 09, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
i thought our turf looks better now?  is it crap again?
I thought it looks fine :dunno:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 09, 2020, 04:52:45 PM »
Boo. Neutral site games are incredibly lame, no matter the geography, location, or who's playing. I would 100% rather play a home and home, no matter how much money's on the table.

You heard it here first, folks. SkinnyBenny would hate it if K-State played in the National Championship.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 09, 2020, 04:56:57 PM »
There is something special about kicking the crap out of a big time football program on your home field. Winning a game at Arrowhead just isn't the same.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 09, 2020, 05:00:28 PM »
Is the assumption that if a game is neutral site then the general public will think it's a bigger game than it is and it will drive up TV ratings?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 09, 2020, 05:07:24 PM »
Is the assumption that if a game is neutral site then the general public will think it's a bigger game than it is and it will drive up TV ratings?

from smellis

It’s also worth mentioning that season ticket sales are on the decline at K-State, and it’s harder than ever to get students to show up for home football games. Maybe something new would spark some interest. The Wildcats haven’t played a neutral-site game in the regular season since 2010.

K-State hosted Mississippi State in a highly anticipated game last season and ESPN put it at 11 a.m. A sellout crowd wasn’t in attendance. The odds of a prime time slot are higher in Arlington or Kansas City.

A seven-figure payday (some neutral sites are paying teams as much as $4.5 million right now) for moving the game would also be something to consider.

One more thing: Alabama starts the season at a neutral site every year and that strategy has worked out for Nick Saban.

Of course, the atmosphere would be much better at home and moving the game to a neutral site probably makes it harder for K-State to win. But you asked me to try and make you feel better about the possibility, so there you go.

For what it’s worth, I think K-State is eyeing AT&T Stadium for the Stanford game. That site is likely to offer the most money and national exposure. No deal is in place or even close to being done at this point, but I get the feeling they want to make it happen.

If they move a game to Arrowhead, the better opponent seems like Missouri. They have a home-and-home series coming up. That would work just as well with both games in KC.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article234522837.html#storylink=cpy

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 09, 2020, 05:46:25 PM »
Spracs is now on record suggesting that he'd rather look at a big plywood staircase with a bunch of lay-z-boys on it.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 09, 2020, 08:44:04 PM »
oh man, if K-State plays Stanford in Dallas, there are going to be 22,000 people there. It's an awful idea.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 09, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »
oh man, if K-State plays Stanford in Dallas, there are going to be 22,000 people there. It's an awful idea.
I hate it.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 09, 2020, 08:58:29 PM »
I'll be very  :curse: if we play Stanford anywhere but home. Particularly since we gave them a home game.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 09, 2020, 09:03:05 PM »

I know when I turn on a neutral site game and see 79% empty seats, it screams big time game to me and I definitely stick around for it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 09, 2020, 09:32:54 PM »
you old ballz people need to retire to the old person’s homes because people just don’t want to go to games anymore

the best thing for the cats is to play stanford in dallas sorry if you olds can’t figure out how to turn on your television to watch it.  my bad.  not really.  doesn’t matter since half of you can’t even read online words

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 09, 2020, 09:41:41 PM »
you old ballz people need to retire to the old person’s homes because people just don’t want to go to games anymore

the best thing for the cats is to play stanford in dallas sorry if you olds can’t figure out how to turn on your television to watch it.  my bad.  not really.  doesn’t matter since half of you can’t even read online words
mommy and daddy paying for your trip?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 09, 2020, 10:03:40 PM »
Neutral site non con is the worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 09, 2020, 10:06:48 PM »
oh yeah I forgot no one is going to these things any more.  I forgot it isn't the before times.

Yeah put it in Dallas.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 09, 2020, 10:08:20 PM »
oh yeah I forgot no one is going to these things any more.  I forgot it isn't the before times.

Yeah put it in Dallas.

we'll have a vaccine by Stanford, won't we?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 09, 2020, 10:19:43 PM »
Playing Stanford anywhere sucks.  It’s a boring team from a conference that has basically given up on football.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 09, 2020, 10:50:26 PM »
Playing Stanford anywhere sucks.  It’s a boring team from a conference that has basically given up on football.

Lol. I'm sure you're not talking about the conference that won 5 of the last 7 nattys?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 09, 2020, 11:30:25 PM »

Yeah put it in Dallas.

maybe! who knows what people will do about going to sports.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 09, 2020, 11:47:08 PM »

Yeah put it in Dallas.

maybe! who knows what people will do about going to sports.
Yeah I just realized it was the first game of 2021. Dang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 11, 2020, 02:01:25 AM »

Lol. I'm sure you're not talking about the conference that won 5 of the last 7 nattys?

:confused:

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 11, 2020, 11:28:19 AM »
I would assume part of the reason for declining season ticket sales and fewer students was due to Snyder fatigue and the gawd awful boring football.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 11, 2020, 11:48:42 AM »
I would assume part of the reason for declining season ticket sales and fewer students was due to Snyder fatigue and the gawd awful boring football.

I think it had more to do with not winning enough games than it did the style of play.

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 11, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »

I think it had more to do with not winning enough games than it did the style of play.

Good point. I guess I was rolling the very average football under “Snyder fatigue “. Bad recruiting, etc.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 13, 2021, 01:15:51 PM »
this had been rumored before, official now.

https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/1349416216688029696?s=20