Author Topic: Calling BSAC!  (Read 2616 times)

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Calling BSAC!
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:45:23 PM »
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/sep/07/bryce-browns-father-considering-suing-dooley-ut/?partner=RSS

The never-ending story has returned.

And Bryce Brown’s father isn’t letting it die easily.

According to an interview with the former No. 1 recruit’s father on Knoxville radio station WNML, Arthur Brown is planning to hire an attorney and potentially sue Tennessee and coach Derek Dooley for denying a release for the running back from his scholarship. Dooley has repeatedly stated the criteria for his decision and indicated numerous times that it applies to every player who elects to transfer, which Brown finally did before the season and enrolled at Kansas State. Other than that, Dooley had little response to the proposed action against him by the Browns.

“I have no reaction,” Dooley said after practice Tuesday. “That’s out of my hands.”

UT seemingly had washed its hands of the situation when the request for Brown’s release was denied, as well as a subsequent appeal.

But WNML reported that Arthur Brown received a registered letter on Tuesday from UT chancellor Jimmy Cheek upholding the decision and is looking for another option to gain a release for his son, which would allow Kansas State to put Bryce Brown on scholarship right away as he sits out a mandated year for transferring.

“Bryce has done nothing wrong,” Arthur Brown told the radio station. “I don’t understand.

“If he used that criteria, he should have released Bryce. I think that’s bogus. I’m disappointed in UT’s stance.”

That stance has never wavered from Dooley, who uses three factors in evaluating each player who asks to leave the program.

Based on Brown’s sudden disappearance before spring practice and the back and forth between the player and Dooley in July, there really wasn’t any great surprise when the Vols denied his request.

“As with the other players who have asked for a release, I went through the same process with the same criteria with Bryce,” Dooley told the News Sentinel last month. “These are the three key factors - what their personal investment into the program was, did they have their heart into it and did they give it a good, fair shot. No. 2, the harm that their departure creates for the organization. No. 3, how they handle it as a professional.

“I’ve done that with every one of these guys -- with Aaron (Douglas), with Todd Campbell, with Nick Stephens, Nick Lamaison and now Bryce. So now my decision, based on those three factors with Bryce, is not to release him.”

The Browns still aren’t satisfied with that, and apparently they aren’t done trying to change UT’s mind.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Calling BSAC!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »
:surprised:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »
What coach doesn't release a guy who was recruited by a different coach, who then left?  Weird of Dooley and a bad idea.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »
"how they handle it as a professional" . . . fascinating.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:02:09 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »
"how the handle it as a professional" . . . fascinating.

Indeed.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »
1. What their personal investment into the program was, did they have their heart into it and did they give it a good, fair shot.
-The coach who recruited him left, so of course he isn't going to have his "heart into it".

2. The harm that their departure creates for the organization.
-There won't be any.

3. How they handle it as a professional.
-Dooley should quit crying over the fact Bryce didn't ask him in person. Besides, it's a two-way street and he is more of an adult than Bryce is.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
Didn't our rough ridin' AD come from Tennessee?

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »
Didn't our fracking AD come from Tennessee?

Yes. Executive Associate Athletics Director, if I am not mistaken.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 09:17:03 PM »
Didn't our fracking AD come from Tennessee?

But Dooley wasn't there yet and these things are almost always left up to the coach.   Let's just focus on the fact that Dooley is really kind of being a dick, and I'd sure love to hear him expand on that whole professional thing.  

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »
I still think Jesse Jackson needs to get involved in this.  Seems just as logical as the Dan Gilbert/LeBron crap he spouted off on earlier

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 10:18:23 PM »
I still think Jesse Jackson needs to get involved in this.  Seems just as logical as the Dan Gilbert/LeBron feces he spouted off on earlier

Hell, I'm sure we could start an internet rumor that Dooley was spotted at a Klan rally outside of Knoxville and that we have in our possession photographic proof that he was a Grand Wizard down in Louisiana.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 10:28:23 PM »
I still think Jesse Jackson needs to get involved in this.  Seems just as logical as the Dan Gilbert/LeBron feces he spouted off on earlier

Hell, I'm sure we could start an internet rumor that Dooley was spotted at a Klan rally outside of Knoxville and that we have in our possession photographic proof that he was a Grand Wizard down in Louisiana.

:surprised:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:48 PM »
prolly just get him an extension in tenn.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 10:51:01 PM »
I still think Jesse Jackson needs to get involved in this.  Seems just as logical as the Dan Gilbert/LeBron feces he spouted off on earlier

Has anyone ever seen OPjohn and Dooley in the same place?

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 11:29:22 PM »
Saw the man at the gas station tonight across fm the alumni building. Paid for my skittles and low cal g2. Made sure to give props to Bryce as I was leaving."Next year, Bryce, next year...its on." "Thanks man, appreciate it." It was like the touch of God. I swear.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 11:24:37 AM »
Saw the man at the gas station tonight across fm the alumni building. Paid for my skittles and low cal g2. Made sure to give props to Bryce as I was leaving."Next year, Bryce, next year...its on." "Thanks man, appreciate it." It was like the touch of God. I swear.

Back in the day, I drunkingly hugged E3 and told him "we" all know he's a better QB then Beasley - he concurred (I think).

FWIW, what if this happened to us with Beas and Walker? How would you all feel if they wanted a release? We all remember when kazzu said that they wouldn't be granted a release. JFC, I would have been as hypocritical as everyone else and said "HELL NO" to a release request for those two d00ds and now I am griping about TN releasing Arthur.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.