Author Topic: From the mouth of the powerespect  (Read 3266 times)

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
From the mouth of the powerespect
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:41:07 AM »
I got broke off some delicious seats yesterday, but the drawback was I was surrounded by the species Powertardus Retardi. Here's what I heard:

Following the delay of game:
PT - "Nothing to worry about; this is part of the, plan... we needed more room."

Some EMAW loses it when CC is sucking again a few min before the half and starts screaming an obscenity laden meltdown, calling for basically any other backup to be put in.
PT - "Let HIM coach, he knows what's best."

At half, I was waiting in line for a soda talking to another EMAW about CCs chitty throwing in the first half and we were interrupted by a real dipshit.

PT - "Im not defending him, but he was throwing into the wind, and it's a good 30-40 mph."
EMAW - "Really? Funny, we've been punting it today pretty well into the 'wind".
Me - "We've had QBs in the past who have made a better throws in worse conditions."
EMAW - "Bish and Freemaw would making the same throws from thier knees!"
PT - silence.

Finally, my favorite:

PT - "Daniel Thomas is good, but he needs to get lower when he runs."
Me - "Dude is 6'2"..."
PT - "I know, but he'd be better if he could get lower."

Im a pretty imaginitive guy, but even for me - it is impossible to make this stuff up.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: From the mouth of the powerespect
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 08:05:04 AM »
There's an old  shadow of a man sitting at the top of Sec. 2 who is the epitome of a powerespect. No crap, come to the top of sec. 2, in between 2/3 and listen to this old rough rider belt some great quotes out there. I cannot even begin to do this guy justice but here's his talking points:

" Snyder's back...... take that Prince.."
" That's Braden Wilson.... kid's gonna be all conference one day"
"Smith Center blah blah blah Smith Center...."

The man is ruthless about questioning Snyder play calling or even CC.
elitist since 1994

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »
When we were up 24-16 a guy beside me actually asked us why we didn't go for the 2pt conversion.

As far as I could tell he wasn't actually a former asst on princes staff.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »
There's an old  shadow of a man sitting at the top of Sec. 2 who is the epitome of a powerespect. No crap, come to the top of sec. 2, in between 2/3 and listen to this old rough rider belt some great quotes out there. I cannot even begin to do this guy justice but here's his talking points:

" Snyder's back...... take that Prince.."
" That's Braden Wilson.... kid's gonna be all conference one day"
"Smith Center blah blah blah Smith Center...."

The man is ruthless about questioning Snyder play calling or even CC.

He may actually be right about Braden Wilson.  The guy is actually pretty good.

Other than that, definitely "blahblahblahblah"

Offline Three-putt

• HIQ Lurker
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 01:42:58 PM »
PT behind me observed Klein was warming up after halftime.  I looked and Klein AND Coffman were warming up with each other.  I'm no genius but I think usually the top two QBs warm up then.   Later SLamur was warming up with a helmetless Cosh and nothing was said.

Dude next to me said the DT fumble needs to be reviewed after the ref announced it.  And there was also a huge yellow flag on the jumbotron along with the words "The play is under review"  He didn't have time to look up from his printed off roster.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
pretty sure I saw the racist dude that was badgering Trim & his cousin in the North endzone.  May or may not have had a camo hat on.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 03:19:09 PM »
"Some EMAW loses it when CC is sucking again a few min before the half and starts screaming an obscenity laden meltdown, calling for basically any other backup to be put in.

At half, I was waiting in line for a soda talking to another EMAW about CCs chitty throwing in the first half and we were interrupted by a real dipfeces.

PT - "Im not defending him, but he was throwing into the wind, and it's a good 30-40 mph."
Me - "We've had QBs in the past who have made a better throws in worse conditions."
PT - silence.

Finally, my favorite:

Me - "Dude is 6'2"..."

In regards to your post

A. First: Coffman led the team to a victory against a fairly talented BCS opponent.  After returning to the game following his IV he led K-State on two scoring drives that secured the victory.  Second: Are you suggesting that Snyder does not know who is best to run his offense?  Do you believe that we would have been more succesful with either of our backups?

B. First: Wind was a factor in the game and part of the reason we elected to defer was to take the wind and establish a field position advantage.  Second: EMAW plays the role of "captain obvious beautifully" by pointing out that Freeman and Bishop have superior arm strength when compared to CC  :bang:

C. Low pad level at contact is never a bad thing regardless of height.

In summary you come across as a douche with a lfbiq who claims that anything said by a baby boomer right or wrong is  :powerespect:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 03:27:32 PM »
"Some EMAW loses it when CC is sucking again a few min before the half and starts screaming an obscenity laden meltdown, calling for basically any other backup to be put in.

At half, I was waiting in line for a soda talking to another EMAW about CCs chitty throwing in the first half and we were interrupted by a real dipfeces.

PT - silence.

Finally, my favorite:

Me - "Dude is 6'2"..."

In regards to your post

A. First: Coffman led the team to a victory against a fairly talented BCS opponent.  After returning to the game following his IV he led K-State on two scoring drives that secured the victory.  Second: Are you suggesting that Snyder does not know who is best to run his offense?  Do you believe that we would have been more succesful with either of our backups?

B. First: Wind was a factor in the game and part of the reason we elected to defer was to take the wind and establish a field position advantage.  Second: EMAW plays the role of "captain obvious beautifully" by pointing out that Freeman and Bishop have superior arm strength when compared to CC  :bang:

C. Low pad level at contact is never a bad thing regardless of height.

In summary you come across as a douche with a lfbiq who claims that anything said by a baby boomer right or wrong is  :powerespect:

I guess this tells us who KSU Tommy was sitting next to at the game.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 03:31:27 PM »
Unfortunately had to miss the game  :bawl: due to a wedding  :party: in which my wife was matron of honor, p!ss poor weeding scheduling makes me  :curse:.

However i would be interested to know which one of my points you disagree with. :confused:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »
Unfortunately had to miss the game  :bawl: due to a wedding  :party: in which my wife was matron of honor, p!ss poor weeding scheduling makes me  :curse:.

However i would be interested to know which one of my points you disagree with. :confused:

Carson Coffman not being the suck and wind being a big factor.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »
Wind was a factor in the game if not UCLA would have attempted a long field goal in the first half instead of punting.  How much of an issue the wind was is obviously debatable but to claim that it had no impact on play calling and field position is ridiculous.

Also I never said that Coffman didn’t suck.  I merely stated that he led the offense on consecutive scoring drives that secured a victory against a BCS opponent and that I believe that Bill is more qualified to select which sucky QB should lead our team than Tommy.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 03:55:24 PM »
Wind was a factor in the game if not UCLA would have attempted a long field goal in the first half instead of punting.  How much of an issue the wind was is obviously debatable but to claim that it had no impact on play calling and field position is ridiculous.

Also I never said that Coffman didn’t suck.  I merely stated that he led the offense on consecutive scoring drives that secured a victory against a BCS opponent and that I believe that Bill is more qualified to select which sucky QB should lead our team than Tommy.

Tommy never said that Coffman isn't the best we have.  He was just saying how sucky he is.  Disagreeing with that is  :powerespect:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 04:04:38 PM »
Some EMAW loses it when CC is sucking again a few min before the half and starts screaming an obscenity laden meltdown, calling for basically any other backup to be put in.

I guess I wrongly assumed Tommy agreed with the EMAW and not the  :powerespect: my mistake. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »

I guess I wrongly assumed Tommy agreed with the EMAW and not the  :powerespect: my mistake. 

I don't know if he agreed with anyone, I think he was just saying it was a powertardy statement.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 04:19:17 PM »
Believing that our hof head coach knows best who should be our qb is  :powerespect:  :dunno:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »

Also I never said that Coffman didn’t suck.  I merely stated that he led the offense on consecutive scoring drives that secured a victory against a BCS opponent and that I believe that Bill is more qualified to select which sucky QB should lead our team than Tommy.

He did do a hell of a job handing the ball off on those last two drives.  I guess he gets credit for hitting his sole pass to the open receiver off the play fake.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 04:50:13 PM »
so you agree with me?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »
so you agree with me?

If your point is that he avoided handing the game to UCLA, then I definitely agree with you.  He did not do that. 

I guess most of my frustration with Carson is pre-emptive....I just watch him and KNOW how horribly he is going to get destroyed in conference play and I start to get angry.  I should let myself relax now and wait to get disgusted later.  Life lessons and stuff....

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 05:02:20 PM »
so you agree with me?

If your point is that he avoided handing the game to UCLA, then I definitely agree with you.  He did not do that. 

I guess most of my frustration with Carson is pre-emptive....I just watch him and KNOW how horribly he is going to get destroyed in conference play and I start to get angry.  I should let myself relax now and wait to get disgusted later.  Life lessons and stuff....

i just don't see how people can hate him when he's the best we have you know? i mean, you would have to be legally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to think collin klein or slamur is the better option based on what each has shown in games on the field(both real and spring). i mean, if you are going to get mad at and hate carson, then you need to get mad at and hate every single not great player on the team. that would be hard though since there's like 70 of them. much easier to just complain about the qb. kind of lazy though imo.

i also think that some people think it makes them look cool. like "hey, i'm not a powerespect and to prove it i'm going to talk crap on the quarterback and then laugh with all my cool friends" when in reality, nothing says powerespect as much as someone who thinks  the cats would be much better off with "collin i played eight snaps and was sacked once and completed one pass for negative yards klein." oh well though...what are you going to do, right?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 05:15:04 PM »
Totally agree Daris.  We don't have a single D1 quarterback on our returning roster.  It's not their fault they are garbage.  They deserve our support.

Carson is our best option.

I am mad at LHC Bill Snyder for being the worst quarterback recruiter in the history of the game of football.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
I don't really hate Carson, I hate LHC Bill Snyder and Del miller.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:30:35 PM by Cire »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »
I don't really hat Carson, I hate LHC Bill Snyder and Del miller.

Maybe Bill should start not talking to our quarterback recruits.  Like just completely rough ridin' ignore them when they visit.  Christ, it literally could not hurt.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 05:31:41 PM »
Hide Carson too.  Just let Klein hang out with them.  If a gorgeous colorado kid chooses ksu why wouldn't you?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »
Actually, there IS hope.

Skip Holtz offered Billy Cosh.   :love: :love: :love: :love:

Mostly, the head scratcher for me is how Carsy is keeping Billy on the bench....I mean Penn State's Old Balls is starting a true frosh this year.  :dunno:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »
Actually, there IS hope.

Skip Holtz offered Billy Cosh.   :love: :love: :love: :love:

Mostly, the head scratcher for me is how Carsy is keeping Billy on the bench....I mean Penn State's Old Balls is starting a true frosh this year.  :dunno:
This might actually kill our OB.