Author Topic: Report: Bruins preparing for Section 17'ers  (Read 2898 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Report: Bruins preparing for Section 17'ers
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:39:34 AM »
Smith, who will be making his UCLA debut, has schooled his new teammates on the pratfalls of playing in what Southern Californians might consider the middle of nowhere. Fans at Kansas Sate have few distractions to take their minds off football.

"The 'Purple People Eaters' are always aggressive," Smith said of the crowd. "We got to be ready for that. They got their little section where they get creative and talk a whole lot of stuff."

Stuff?

"They are liable to say all kind of things, you know, 'blah, blah, blah,' " Smith said.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/02/sports/la-sp-0903-ucla-football-fyi-20100903

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Report: Bruins preparing for Section 17'ers
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:42:35 AM »
Man, I would kinda like to fight the dude that wrote that article.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:45:08 AM »
Quote from: Josh Smith
That is one of the hardest places to play in the Big 12 Conference.
:love: Thank you, Josh.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:12:54 AM »
meh, USC owns them and we own USC.  I can see why they are scared.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 09:30:48 AM »
 :love: :love: :love:

My buddy went to the KSU-Auburn game a while back. Was stone cold sober, with his parents, and the Auburn fans sitting around him told him that he was even worse than Alabama fans, they couldn't believe how angry he was the whole game.

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »
it makes me :curse: how outsiders view manhattan. on the interview i mentioned in the ucla predictos thread one of the UCLA announcers was saying how he didnt think he could order a beer in manhattan because he heard it was dry and nothing to do and petros papadakis set him straight and gave props to people/area

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 09:45:27 AM »

My buddy went to the KSU-Auburn game a while back. Was stone cold sober, with his parents, and the Auburn fans sitting around him told him that he was even worse than Alabama fans, they couldn't believe how angry he was the whole game.

I've been getting really pumped up for this game for more than a week now. I have to admit though, I forgot how  :chainsaw: :curse: ANGRY :curse: :chainsaw: I need to be in order to be an effective EMAW. Thanks for reminding me.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »
it makes me :curse: how outsiders view manhattan. on the interview i mentioned in the ucla predictos thread one of the UCLA announcers was saying how he didnt think he could order a beer in manhattan because he heard it was dry and nothing to do and petros papadakis set him straight and gave props to people/area

It's not Lubbock.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »
UCLA's Josh Smith warns Bruins about what's in store at Kansas State
The wide receiver played for a Colorado team that lost to Kansas State, 47-20, in 2007 and says the Bruins must be ready for the fans in Manhattan, Kan.
UCLA FOOTBALL FYI
September 02, 2010|By Chris Foster
There is one UCLA player who knows what awaits the Bruins on Saturday in Manhattan, Kan.

Wide receiver Josh Smith has been there, playing for a Colorado team that was scorched by Kansas State, 47-20, in 2007.

"That is one of the hardest places to play in the Big 12 Conference," said Smith, who had two receptions for 70 yards in the game. "We went in there undefeated in conference, having just beaten Baylor and Oklahoma, and they beat us bad. That crowd came to pull it over."

Smith, who will be making his UCLA debut, has schooled his new teammates on the pratfalls of playing in what Southern Californians might consider the middle of nowhere. Fans at Kansas Sate have few distractions to take their minds off football.

"The 'Purple People Eaters' are always aggressive," Smith said of the crowd. "We got to be ready for that. They got their little section where they get creative and talk a whole lot of stuff."

Stuff?

"They are liable to say all kind of things, you know, 'blah, blah, blah,' " Smith said.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:54:49 AM »

was he the guy yelling

KILL!!!! MAIM!!!!! DESTROY!!!!!

because if he was, i'd like to shake his hand.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 11:41:26 AM »
Why don't they go ask their southern cal cousins what it's like? In particular, Troy Polamalu.  :kstatriot:

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »

Stuff?

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/02/sports/la-sp-0903-ucla-football-fyi-20100903

i remember really going after their ginger linebacker and Cody Hawkins on the sidelines at that game. Don't remember heckling Smith, but the hate must have rubbed off.

Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »

was he the guy yelling

Not, sure. I wasn't there. But I imagine that would be pretty tame for him.

Offline Iceberg

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »

was he the guy yelling

My fav was always, "FU, I gave your Mom AIDS". Always an attention getter.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »

Stuff?

i remember really going after their ginger linebacker and Cody Hawkins on the sidelines at that game. Don't remember heckling Smith, but the hate must have rubbed off.

That was also the game where we chanted "Brown has herpes" at one of their DB's. If I remember correctly, that game didn't start until like almost 9:00 because of some weird ESPN2 scheduling, and I honestly think that the student section collectively was drunker for that game than any game that I can recall.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 12:34:58 PM »

It's not Lubbock.

Lubbock's not dry anymore FWIW

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »

Stuff?

Kei$ha  :love:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 01:06:04 PM »

It's not Lubbock.

Lubbock's not dry anymore FWIW
Thanks! I'll have to remember that next time I'm in Lubbock.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »

was he the guy yelling

Not, sure. I wasn't there. But I imagine that would be pretty tame for him.

except he was yelling it non-stop the entire game, at the top of his lungs. it was incredible.