Author Topic: Did we know this?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Did we know this?
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:13:02 AM »
LAWRENCE — Tammie Hemlee has always been candid with her children, but the truth she waited to tell her son, Angus, is that if things had gone according to plan, she never would have known him.

But things have never really gone according to plan with Angus Quigley.

The truth is that in 1985, Hemlee was 18 with a 2-year-old daughter and things were bad enough as it was. Hemlee herself was a ward of the state of Texas and had spent much of her life bouncing from foster home to foster home. Her mother, an alcoholic and schizophrenic, had been ruled unfit.

"One place to one place," Hemlee said, "one sister to the next sister."

At school one day, a classmate raped and impregnated Hemlee. She didn't know what to do. A senior in high school with no real home to go to, no support from her mother and a toddler she was already trying to care for, Hemlee decided she would give away her unborn baby.

"I didn't want to have an abortion," she said, "but I wanted him to have a good home because I knew I couldn't take care of him."

That was the plan all along. She carried her boy to term and delivered him in a county hospital in Fort Worth. When a child is going to be put up for adoption, the procedure is to deliver the baby and basically whisk it away immediately. But the doctors made a mistake and brought Hemlee her son. Recovering in the hospital, Hemlee had three days with her son before doctors came to take him away.

"On the third day, when they came to get him, I told my sister, 'I can't give him up now,' " Hemlee said. "I promised I'll work two jobs, I'll do whatever, I just can't give up my baby."

She named him Angus.

Angus Quigley has pretty much always known his mom was raped, but it wasn't until he was 15 that Tammie told him the whole story. His father did time for the assault and Tammie said Angus didn't even know about him until he was 15.

He looks distantly into the floor as if it is the horizon, and he recalls how he felt when his mom told him about the circumstances that brought him into the world.

"It's real crazy," he said. "When you're young, you don't really know the whole gist of what rape is, but my mom sat down and she talked to me. It was real crazy when she dropped that."

Must be weird for Quigley to play at Rape University.  :dunno:

http://cjonline.com/sports/football/2010-09-02/quigley_not_held_down_under

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Did we know this?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:16:08 AM »
Seeing Sherron and the Delta Chi frat on campus must have been a constant reminder for that poor young man.

Godspeed fella.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 06:24:22 AM »
Seeing Sherron and the Delta Chi frat on campus must have been a constant reminder for that poor young man.

Godspeed fella.

Don't fall into the cycle, Angus.  Just because your mom was raped and you are surrounded by rapists at KU, doesn't mean that you have to become a rapist.

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:23:25 AM »
This story pisses me off!!!!!!!  There was an adoptive family who probably paid all of her medical expenses during the pregnancy and then when the baby was finally the born, the selfish mom says, no I think I'll keep him.  The adoptive family is now devestated thanks to her.   :nono: :flush: :curse:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:36 AM »
This story pisses me off!!!!!!!  There was an adoptive family who probably paid all of her medical expenses during the pregnancy and then when the baby was finally the born, the selfish mom says, no I think I'll keep him.  The adoptive family is now devestated thanks to her.   :nono: :flush: :curse:

and Angus is stuck seeing rapists every day playing for a dead end football program.  Bad deal for everyone involved.  Except for Lew, I bet he files an insurance claim for all the rapes on campus.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:16:30 AM »
Grumblings that Angus' mom was a whore and was asking for it.   :dunno:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 11:02:33 AM »
Obviously enrolled at rape U because of daddy issues.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »
Don't bend over in the shower, Angus.  Hide the sausage isn't played only in Foat Wuth.