Author Topic: Are you ready.....  (Read 13787 times)

The42Yardstick

Re: Are you ready.....
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 08:47:24 PM »
Harley Day is definitely not a tradition that should be kept alive

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »
The best thing about Ft Riley day is the fly over!!! The marching is meh, IMO if your marching can't look like the Corps at aTm, stay at home. FWIW, if you have the interest in these things (and you are in DC) check out a funeral procession at Arlington, hello chill bumps.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 09:01:51 PM »
Harley Day is humiliating.  Ft. Riley Day is way too contrived and rah-rah.*  Band Day is not embarrassing simply because every school pretty much does a band day.  No biggie there.

*--cue Ameritard "if you don't lahk it you kin git aaaught" rant.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Can't see it okc. (Blackberry) what is it
kstateo

Does anybody know where the KSTATEO snipers will be positioned and what they intend on shooting? Thanks.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »
Harleys...LOL.  If you've never seen the South Park episodes about mommies and their Harleys, it's worth finding on Hulu.  Spot on.
This episode is on right now.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 09:42:28 PM »
After reading this thread I realize I should have started hating on Harley Day a long time ago.  

I won't let go of Ft. Riley Day though, still love it.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 10:00:23 PM »
Band Day 2nd Half > Harley Day > Ft. Riley Day >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Band Day 1st half

^My opinion regarding the NEZ experience.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:42 PM »
Harley Day is rough ridin' awful.  It's time people realized this. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 10:15:39 PM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
Does anyone on this board know how much money K-State gets paid by the local Harley dealers to do Harley Day? Just curious. Captain Crap, maybe?

Offline Fracker

• Fan
  • shazbot! IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 10:32:02 PM »

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »
jfc, what's with you nerds turning my awesome thread into a thread about south park?  WGAF about south park.   :chainsaw:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »
eff you guys.  Kids love harley day and it's the one thing KSU does that doesn't seem to be a rip off from some other school.   It also gives the TV analyst & color guys something memorable and kind of brands us with a "we like to party, don't give a eff attitude".  And claiming they're white trashy?   Seriously?  only upper middle class dudes that don't know crap about motorcycles going through mid-life crises buy Harley's.  And don't get me started on Big Dog - that has to be a rough ridin' joke.  Big Dog is a white trash bike.   Why bitch about Harley day when band day is seriously the most lame thing ever.  It's one game a year and it's rough ridin' brilliant - I can't believe KSU hasn't sought Harley's sponsorship.  Would be a hell of a lot rough ridin' cooler than "This game brought to you by Dillons"  GTFOOH.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2010, 10:43:20 PM »
eff you guys.  Kids love harley day and it's the one thing KSU does that doesn't seem to be a rip off from some other school.   It also gives the TV analyst & color guys something memorable and kind of brands us with a "we like to party, don't give a eff attitude".  And claiming they're white trashy?   Seriously?  only upper middle class dudes that don't know crap about motorcycles going through mid-life crises buy Harley's.  And don't get me started on Big Dog - that has to be a rough ridin' joke.  Big Dog is a white trash bike.   Why bitch about Harley day when band day is seriously the most lame thing ever.  It's one game a year and it's rough ridin' brilliant - I can't believe KSU hasn't sought Harley's sponsorship.  Would be a hell of a lot rough ridin' cooler than "This game brought to you by Dillons"  GTFOOH.

Let me guess...you also like, in no particular order:

- "Pork rinds"

- Nascar

- old episodes of "Hee-Haw"

- Overalls

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 10:43:58 PM »
jfc, what's with you nerds turning my awesome thread into a thread about south park?  WGAF about south park.   :chainsaw:

/\
       l

mommy

(South Park reference)

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »

- "Pork rinds"

- Nascar

- Overalls

Pork rinds are okay after a couple of beers.  Nascar is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and I've never seen HeeHaw.  If you really want to know a little about me, I shoot weddings on the side and work full time as a production artist.  I've also defended you in the past from people that talk crap on you. 

But anyway, If any of you actually paid attention, you would realize that other schools make fun of Harley day as being a red-neck thing because we are in the middle of rough ridin' Kansas.  We're redneck to everyone for any reason.  Wouldn't matter if we turned Harley day into rough ridin' going green al gore appreciation day and showed clips of michael moore at half time.  We'd still be a bunch of dumb rednecks with our white trash "going green game"   Grow some rough ridin' balls, quite whining about people thinking you're white trash and accept yourself for what you are.   We live in Kansas, We like the fact that everyone thinks it's lame because part of it's charm is the lack of trendy left wing douche bags running around in electric cars and lowering their carbon footprint.   We are genuine people that are liked once people get to know us and we don't give a crap if you don't like us.   We also like loud obnoxious noises coming from shiny objects that our mascot can ride on.  So go eff yourself.

Harley day would rock crap and everyone here would be envious if USC did it.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 10:55:23 PM »
p.s. Who the eff wears overalls?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2010, 10:59:43 PM »

- "Pork rinds"

- Nascar

- Overalls

Pork rinds are okay after a couple of beers.  Nascar is rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and I've never seen HeeHaw.  If you really want to know a little about me, I shoot weddings on the side and work full time as a production artist.  I've also defended you in the past from people that talk crap on you. 

But anyway, If any of you actually paid attention, you would realize that other schools make fun of Harley day as being a red-neck thing because we are in the middle of rough ridin' Kansas.  We're redneck to everyone for any reason.  Wouldn't matter if we turned Harley day into rough ridin' going green al gore appreciation day and showed clips of michael moore at half time.  We'd still be a bunch of dumb rednecks with our white trash "going green game"   Grow some rough ridin' balls, quite whining about people thinking you're white trash and accept yourself for what you are.   We live in Kansas, We like the fact that everyone thinks it's lame because part of it's charm is the lack of trendy left wing douche bags running around in electric cars and lowering their carbon footprint.   We are genuine people that are liked once people get to know us and we don't give a crap if you don't like us.   We also like loud obnoxious noises coming from shiny objects that our mascot can ride on.  So go eff yourself.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2010, 11:24:11 PM »

Pork rinds are okay after a couple of beers.  Nascar is fracking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and I've never seen HeeHaw.  If you really want to know a little about me, I shoot weddings on the side and work full time as a production artist.  I've also defended you in the past from people that talk crap on you. 

But anyway, If any of you actually paid attention, you would realize that other schools make fun of Harley day as being a red-neck thing because we are in the middle of fracking Kansas.  We're redneck to everyone for any reason.  Wouldn't matter if we turned Harley day into fracking going green al gore appreciation day and showed clips of michael moore at half time.  We'd still be a bunch of dumb rednecks with our white trash "going green game"   Grow some fracking balls, quite whining about people thinking you're white trash and accept yourself for what you are.   We live in Kansas, We like the fact that everyone thinks it's lame because part of it's charm is the lack of trendy left wing douche bags running around in electric cars and lowering their carbon footprint.   We are genuine people that are liked once people get to know us and we don't give a crap if you don't like us.   We also like loud obnoxious noises coming from shiny objects that our mascot can ride on.  So go shazbot! yourself.

wrong

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2010, 11:31:37 PM »
wut. 

rough ridin' moron.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2010, 11:35:27 PM »
Why bitch about Harley day when band day is seriously the most lame thing ever.

Happily, band day is a mere shell of it's former self.  In it's glory days there were somewhere around 10,000 high schoolers who came to that thing.  They completely filled sections 10 through 20 in the endzone.  Buses from around the state packed the gravel lot where Bramlage now stands.  At halftime, the field was completely covered by musicians and the band leader was up on a crane.  It was amazing.

That's how shitty our football team was.

Band day needs to die.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010, 11:42:53 PM »
I'll give HeinBallz the credit for standing up for his opinion in spectacular fashion. Too bad it's wrong as hell, but hey, at least he can respect himself for standing up for what's wrong.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 02:02:28 AM »
The way I see it, we can either get embarrassed/humiliated by Harley Day, or embrace it and lather ourselves in it.

<-----This guy is taking a bath in Harley Day.

:cool:

VROOM

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 02:27:49 AM »
I've already got my harley day shirt and plan on cutting off the sleeves for saturday