Author Topic: I liked this Fitz promo  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I liked this Fitz promo
« on: August 24, 2010, 08:59:44 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/deep-purple-promo-season-4-718509

Liked it.  Srsly.  I also liked that it's going to be on backwoods television stations....you have to start someplace.

Personally, I believe that Fitz is in a "different place" now than he was when the Wabash Station was built....maybe it's the posters, maybe it's Fitz, or both.  Either way, it's obvious that he detests most of his posters as much as we do, but he's got bills to pay. 

The dude wields amazing power....with the stroke of a paycheck-signing-pen he can shape KSU recruiting and game coverage in a way that is perhaps only replicated by Chip Brown in this conference for their respective followings (difference is obviously that the national types pay attention to UT and not KSU).  Gabe and Mike DeArmond are pretty influential, but not in STL.

I honestly believe that he'd rather be rough ridin' around on goEMAW.com than reading the rough ridin' SUCK that shoveled out on the Wabash....true story.  Go Cats.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: I liked this Fitz promo
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:49:18 AM »
Wrong, he'd rather be throwing lemon parties at his duplex.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:51:25 AM »
How many naps does it take to produce a cable access tv show promo?  I'm guessing lots.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »
Looks to me like the guys are taking a light hearted approach to their coverage of KATS football and all that you guys are doing is being haterz.  ;-(

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline LHarKSUCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »
so, fun story...
I was in Manhattan last weekend visiting some friends, and when the bars started closing we were hanging in the basement of So Long so we could keep drinking. When we were finally ready to leave we headed upstairs and Fitz was sitting at the bar with some people having some drinks. On the way out the door I let out a nice loud "It's Patterson", which prompted Fitz to whip around, look at me, and call me an "f'ing douche".
Needless to say, it was a great night because of it.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Great story, but let’s try not to pile on a dying man.

FITZ is going blind and has a bad case of autoimmune disease.  When he called you an f’ing douche it was probably the meds talking.  He is experiencing chronic fatigue and he has to take two naps a day and drink a completely absurd and unhealthy amount of caffeine just to go the bars any longer.  If he allowed it, he would sleep about 16 hours a day. It is very frustrating.  Basically, his immune system has turned on his body so he has to suppress it with meds.  

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:56:42 AM »
All I know is, if I ever got a significant illness . . . I want one where the doctor tells me to sleep a lot and then stay out til all hours of the night drinking copious amounts of alcohol.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 10:15:20 AM »
lol.

Fitz, I admit, is living the dream. He gives two shits about his appearance, parties every night with college women, 'runs' his own business with a crew of dummies that bow to his every word.

Cheers to you, Fitz.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 10:22:30 AM »
One time I got really sick and my doctor told me the only medication was to stop doing the parts of my job that I don’t really like and just focus on naps and drinking at college bars.  He was a good doctor but kind of a hater.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 10:24:52 AM »
One time I got really sick and my doctor told me the only medication was to stop doing the parts of my job that I don’t really like and just focus on naps and drinking at college bars.  He was a good doctor but kind of a hater.

your doctor sounds like a great kid, maybe just a little confused with his priorities is all ;-)   
but overall i bet he is a great kid  ;-)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »
I bet Shane stormed off just like you see in that vid when he saw that Meek had written HIS interview.

Actually find it kind of odd that the clip didn't feature any excerpts from the screen testing they must've done all summer.