Author Topic: We should build the mosque because of freedom of religion.  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
We should build the mosque because of freedom of religion.
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:22:25 PM »
But no freedom of speech.  If you say something we don't like you should be gone. 

So sayeth mediasplatters on Dr. Laura.

Love how libs pick and choose what freedoms to go with.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: We should build the mosque because of freedom of religion.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:33:29 PM »
Dr. Laura exercised her constitutionally protected freedom of speech.  The businesses who pulled their advertisement from her show also exercised their freedom of speech.  You can exercise your freedom of speech by boycotting those businesses.

The constitution doesn't guarantee that what you say can't hurt you financially.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:52:53 AM »
pretty sure dirty sanchez is just trolling at this point. damned offseason.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:14:42 AM »
Dr. Laura exercised her constitutionally protected freedom of speech.  The businesses who pulled their advertisement from her show also exercised their freedom of speech.  You can exercise your freedom of speech by boycotting those businesses.

The constitution doesn't guarantee that what you say can't hurt you financially.

But by nanzi pelosi's logic, mediasplatters should be investigated for opposing what Doc said.  Pick and choose.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 05:25:13 AM »
And don't you know, Doc was just trying to do outreach and promote understanding with blacks?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 06:30:57 AM »

But by nanzi pelosi's logic, mediasplatters should be investigated for opposing what Doc said.  Pick and choose.

Sorry, I don't follow the neocon circle jerk story of the day, and you didn't mention "Nanzi pelosi" in your original post. 

What she said was probably wrong (I won't take the time to investigate the context).  I don't agree with her at all, and my position on both issues is pretty simple and straightforward.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 10:15:04 PM »
Kcnut

i hope the muslim horde brought thier lunch cause there no way in hell the mosque will get built over my dead body i say bring it sister

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 10:16:27 PM »
Kcnut

i hope the muslim horde brought thier lunch cause there no way in hell the mosque will get built over my dead body i say bring it sister

omg, he's the gift that keeps on giving.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »
I didn't realize Doc was still around.  She used to piss me off so bad, like 12 years ago.  I would find myself tuning in, apparently just so I could get fired up and turn the station like 10 minutes in.  Hated pretty much everything she said but she still got some ratings off my ass.  :stupidstupidstupid: