Author Topic: Why do people keep saying that our game v. UCLA is on NATIONAL television  (Read 4041 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
and then get all giddy about it?  Don't they realize ABC is also showing Kentucky/Louisville and UConn/Michigan at that same time? 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I haven't heard anyone say that :dunno:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
its everything West of the Mississippi  :dunno: thats alot of the nation

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
oh they've said it.

:angry:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Quote from: KSU website
The Wildcats open the 2010 season September 4 with a nationally-televised matchup with UCLA. Tickets for the opener are going fast as fewer than 3,000 seats remain available.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081810aaa.html

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The Wildcats open the 2010 season September 4 with a majority of the nationally-televised matchup with UCLA. Tickets for the opener are going fast as fewer than 3,000 seats remain available.

ftp?  :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

The Wildcats open the 2010 season September 4 with a majority of the nationally-televised matchup with UCLA. Tickets for the opener are going fast as fewer than 3,000 seats remain available.

ftp?  :dunno:

E-mail your suggested revision to Currie.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
doods, we are K-STATE0!!! In the true spirit of K-STATE0 Mr. Currie could be calling this a nationally televised event due to the fact that it will be on ESPN3 (yes that is ESPN360.com).

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Great threads today, Skins.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Great threads today, Skins.

Killin' it.  I am the Carson Coffman of BBS'ing.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not sure if being available online is the same as bring televised.  Still, everythin west of the mighty miss is pretty sweet, IMO.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Slightly OT here-  What's the deal with ESPN3?  I seem to remember not being able to watch it at one point but I haven't tried lately.  Was it because Cox didn't support it?  I can't remember...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Slightly OT here-  What's the deal with ESPN3?  I seem to remember not being able to watch it at one point but I haven't tried lately.  Was it because Cox didn't support it?  I can't remember...

Cox supported it for awhile but I think I read where our local Cox was going to go to some sort of high-tier internet or some crap where you had to pay extra for it. 

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is accurate...

but this shows us as being on ABC, and also on ESPN2/ESPN Gameplan.

So maybe, most of the country sees it on ABC and those other areas that have other games on ABC, they get it through other means.

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i think people have been saying it's on national television because it is.

it's national television independent of whether or not every television set in the country gets it.

espn games are national television too, yet not everyone subscribes to cable across the country.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Cox supported it for awhile but I think I read where our local Cox was going to go to some sort of high-tier internet or some crap where you had to pay extra for it. 

Cox explicitly advertises that their intrawebs carries it, and they currently do at no extra charge, so I can only hope that you are woefully uninformed.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Slightly OT here-  What's the deal with ESPN3?  I seem to remember not being able to watch it at one point but I haven't tried lately.  Was it because Cox didn't support it?  I can't remember...

Cox explicitly advertises that their intrawebs carries it, and they currently do at no extra charge, so I can only hope that you are woefully uninformed.

ill-informed, not uninformed.  dumbass.  :flush:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Maybe it's just the Omaha Cox that's planning on f'ing people in the ass?  Or, maybe I made all of that up.  :dunno:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it's ABC for the majority of the nation, and ESPN 2 for the rest (the East coast I believe). Someone tell me if I'm not right, but if I am, it's definitely National.

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure it's ABC for the majority of the nation, and ESPN 2 for the rest (the East coast I believe). Someone tell me if I'm not right, but if I am, it's definitely National.

This is my understanding as well. And by "understanding" I mean conclusions I've drawn from doing almost no research.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I'm going to be so embarrassed that others are going to see Carson.

"THAT'S your quarterback?!".... :lol: :cheers:

:frown:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Slightly OT here-  What's the deal with ESPN3?  I seem to remember not being able to watch it at one point but I haven't tried lately.  Was it because Cox didn't support it?  I can't remember...

ill-informed, not uninformed.  dumbass.  :flush:

good catch.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

ill-informed, not uninformed.  dumbass.  :flush:

good catch.
thanks bro, mods?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

NATIONAL TELEVISION GAME  :pbj:

eff THAT WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI crap BIG TIME EAST COAST ELITES WILL SEE THE QUATZ

Offline Jmo

• Fan
    • View Profile
I'm going to be so embarrassed that others are going to see Carson.

"THAT'S your quarterback?!".... :lol: :cheers:

:frown:

Whyyyyyy?!   :cry: