Author Topic: Odds of non-con games getting on TV  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Odds of non-con games getting on TV
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:52:26 AM »
Anyone in the know about whether we'll get Missouri State, UCF, or North Texas on TV? 

Obviously, it's a long shot.  I accept that this is the consequence of playing crap non-con games (which I fully support), but I am trying to plan my fall travel, and I may be forced to attend those games (save for NT).

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Odds of non-con games getting on TV
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
The Missouri State game already has 6:10 p.m. on the schedule, so that would imply they're committed to that game at that time with no tv.  UCF still shows TBA.  :dunno:

What's your thought process here?  That you MUST see every KSU football game and if it's not on tv, damnit, you'll be there?

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »
The Missouri State game already has 6:10 p.m. on the schedule, so that would imply they're committed to that game at that time with no tv.  UCF still shows TBA.  :dunno:

What's your thought process here?  That you MUST see every KSU football game and if it's not on tv, damnit, you'll be there?

Not even College Gameday could get the KSU Cats to move the game time against Missouri State. We've got fireworks, people.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:02:16 AM »

Not even College Gameday could get the KSU Cats to move the game time against Missouri State. We've got fireworks, people.

And enough body paint for as many KSTATEOS as pak'rs are willing to make.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 11:05:10 AM »
funny (or maybe not funny? need input) shirt idea:  Purple shirt with big "O" right in the middle.  All day walk around standing next to anyone wearing a "K-State" shirt getting photos to make kstateo collage :dunno:

possibly have Trim hand collage to Currie at some catbacker event :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:07 AM »
funny (or maybe not funny? need input) shirt idea:  Purple shirt with big "O" right in the middle.  All day walk around standing next to anyone wearing a "K-State" shirt getting photos to make kstateo collage :dunno:

possibly have Trim hand collage to Currie at some catbacker event :dunno:

I'd been thinking _FAN should set up plain purple t-shirts with each individual KSTATEO letter so that grouls of 6 that are body-paint adverse could buy a complete set and rock the full KSTATEO at games/events.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »
I would be pretty surprised if the UCF game isn't televised, I would bet on an 11 am kick on FSN or Versus.

North Texas I could also see being on TV just because I don't think there are a bunch of other games on during that time.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 11:11:24 AM »

Ya, that's kind of what I was thinking, I was more inclined to skip certain TV games. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 11:13:16 AM »

Ya, that's kind of what I was thinking, I was more inclined to skip certain TV games. 

The September 11 game has incredible potential for a raucous birthday celebration during whatever extended USA ceremony they have during pregame.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »

The September 11 game has incredible potential for a raucous birthday celebration during whatever extended USA ceremony they have during pregame.

:blush:  Definitely!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »
UCF will be on FSNKC or Verses

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 05:19:05 PM »
I would be pretty surprised if the UCF game isn't televised, I would bet on an 11 am kick on FSN or Versus.

North Texas I could also see being on TV just because I don't think there are a bunch of other games on during that time.

KU-Mizzou is @ 11:30.  OU-OSU is TBA, as is TTU-Houston.  Obviously KU-Mizzou and OU-OSU will be televised.  If Houston has a great record going into that TTU game, it will probably get the nod over our game.   :dunno:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »

KU-Mizzou is @ 11:30.  OU-OSU is TBA, as is TTU-Houston.  Obviously KU-Mizzou and OU-OSU will be televised.  If Houston has a great record going into that TTU game, it will probably get the nod over our game.   :dunno:

Verses might pick it up  :dunno: KU MU is on FSN OU OSU might get an ABC game and TT v Houston could be an FSN also we always have a shot at ESPN3.com shot  :gocho:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »

Verses might pick it up  :dunno: KU MU is on FSN OU OSU might get an ABC game and TT v Houston could be an FSN also we always have a shot at ESPN3.com shot  :gocho:

Yeah, Versus might be a possibility.  I can never remember how many games are televised/which channels televise the games.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 06:54:41 PM »

Yeah, Versus might be a possibility.  I can never remember how many games are televised/which channels televise the games.

it seems to me that FSN has one-two Big XII games ABC/ESPN seems to have at least one. Also FCS picks up Big XII games so i guess thats a possibility too  :dunno: i'm way more confident that UCF will be picked up over UNT. We'd have a game time for it if it wasn't going to be on TV. UNT game is already slated for 3pm

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 07:35:38 PM »
UCF really isn't that bad of a team, so I expect an 11 kick on fsn...

versus  :flush:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »
UCF really isn't that bad of a team, so I expect an 11 kick on fsn...

versus  :flush:

TV game is a TV game get some revenue, its that attitude that almost landed us in MWC  :curse:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »
UCF is scary.