Author Topic: Cat Cave  (Read 15037 times)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Cave
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 08:11:01 AM »
Doom,

1) Where is somebody coming from as they enter that closet?
2) Where do you keep the beer?
3) Do guests get free beer?

T-Y, Trim

1) This room is in the basement
2) Beer is upstairs in the fridge
3) Yes

hmmm. i assumed they were two dif rooms. maybe not.

Well, duh.  This thread is Cat Cave, not Cat Caves.

I think the couch is what you see if you turn left immediately after walking in alongside the log cabin, and everything else is what you'd see to your right.

There's also apparently disparate temperatures in the cave.  Notice that the office side has TWO fans ready to keep the Cat Caveman cool, while the couch is equipped with a toasty EMAW blanket perfect for snuggling under on winter evenings while watching the poster.

You are correct that it is one room.  The temperature is great.  The noise of a fan helps me think.  I do some writing and illustration in there as well as pump out the greatest posts of all time.   

doom,

if i come over to watch you do homework, are you going to shoot me w/ your gun?

not coming if so,
daris

The gun is a WWII era Russian Mosin Nagant.  I won't shoot unless you are trying to steal all of the free beer.  Plus I'd have to clean it, and fix the 5-10 holes in every wall in my basement that it shot through.  But if I need to defend the catacombs from invading communist hordes I always have the attachable spike bayonet.

last question,

if i come over to watch a game, will there be enough room for both of us and will you shot me w/ your gun. tia.

t-y,
daris

There isn't a TV in there.  I have flat screen in the next room and a matching one in the living room that I watch games on.  I'll only shoot the guns if we win the national title for something and then I'll load it, run into the street with it, yell something in Spanish that sounds victorious, and the fire at the sun or stars

“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 08:15:46 AM »
hmmm. i assumed they were two dif rooms. maybe not.

Well, duh.  This thread is Cat Cave, not Cat Caves.

I think the couch is what you see if you turn left immediately after walking in alongside the log cabin, and everything else is what you'd see to your right.

There's also apparently disparate temperatures in the cave.  Notice that the office side has TWO fans ready to keep the Cat Caveman cool, while the couch is equipped with a toasty EMAW blanket perfect for snuggling under on winter evenings while watching the poster.

OMFG.  you might as well just stop posting right now because nothing in your life that you ever post will match the craftsmanship of this one.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 08:16:40 AM »

What's up with your basement walls (not the Cat Cave walls, but the walls leading to the Cat Cave)?  They look like exterior log cabin walls.

You should move a tv into your Cat Cave.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »

What's up with your basement walls (not the Cat Cave walls, but the walls leading to the Cat Cave)?  They look like exterior log cabin walls.

the Cat Cave appears to be a catterrogation room.  i picture doom sitting at his tv tray catterrogating people on the cat couch, which sits directly in front of him.  not sure what use a television would serve in the catterrogation room.  unless he would use it to show the people he was catterrogating video clips of him torturing/shooting their loved ones with his nagant in an effort to extract cat knowledge from them.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:35:23 AM by pissclams »

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 08:27:41 AM »
Is smoking allowed?  I assume so with all the fans, and with you interrogating people.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 08:29:43 AM »

the Cat Cave appears to be an catterrogation room.  i picture doom sitting at his tv tray catterrogating people on the cat couch, which sits directly in front of him.  not sure what use a television would serve in the catterrogation room.  unless he would use it to show the people he was catterrogating video clips of him torturing/shooting their loved ones with his nagant in an effort to extract cat knowledge from them.

I guess I thought Doom might still want to watch a game on the couch with daris when he's not catterogating.  He could hang the tv where the basketball poster is now.  The nice thing about that desk is he can easily switch which side is the front and which is the back, so he could easily face the tv from his desk.

Also, just noticed that there's TWO trash cans in the catterogation room, one open and one concealed.  What secrets lie under the cover of the white trash can?  :ohno:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »
You should really buy about 70 of these and and put them absolutely everywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-State-K-State-Wildcats-MASCOT/dp/B002F8FKDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1281487369&sr=8-1

HOLY crap!  This one is really awful, too!

That is JimLeavitt PakHead.  We retire the old one and roll with this one if he is hired.

rolling over here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 08:52:56 AM »
Also with a t.v. in the room after catterogating them, you could brain wash them using a t.v. or two.  some strob lights, so many possabilities not being utilized her.  I will give it  :star: :star: :raccoon: :raccoon:

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 09:12:31 AM »
Proper term is "EMAWsoleum"

You are welcome.

Stealing this.
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »

the Cat Cave appears to be an catterrogation room.  i picture doom sitting at his tv tray catterrogating people on the cat couch, which sits directly in front of him.  not sure what use a television would serve in the catterrogation room.  unless he would use it to show the people he was catterrogating video clips of him torturing/shooting their loved ones with his nagant in an effort to extract cat knowledge from them.

I guess I thought Doom might still want to watch a game on the couch with daris when he's not catterogating.  He could hang the tv where the basketball poster is now.  The nice thing about that desk is he can easily switch which side is the front and which is the back, so he could easily face the tv from his desk.

Also, just noticed that there's TWO trash cans in the catterogation room, one open and one concealed.  What secrets lie under the cover of the white trash can?  :ohno:

basement walls are log cabin paneled.  kind of a fun cabin look to the main room in the basement.  I watch games there and upstairs because there is more room to pace and throw things.

What tv tray are you guys seeing?  The black thing is a portfolio folder.

There are two trash cans because I like print out everything jtksu posts and immediately throw it away.  Figured that trash can needed a lid. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 12:51:57 PM »
i like that log cabin paneling stuff, do you know where it's available for purchase?

i'd like to panel the outside of my car with it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »
i like that log cabin paneling stuff, do you know where it's available for purchase?

I've got 6 of those tv tray/desks at home and I'm thinking of fusing them together and putting log cabing paneling on the whole thing.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »
I don't know who this dude is but he's got some EMAW going on:

http://www.kstatecollector.com/
Dax fan club member!

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 02:20:06 PM »
I don't know who this dude is but he's got some EMAW going on:

http://www.kstatecollector.com/

Too bad about his pos tv, or else that would be perfect

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 02:22:27 PM »
Those are both drafting desks.  One I've had forever and one I got more recently.  I just pile stuff on the old one now.  

The cabin paneling was here when we bought the house.  But I found you a company that might help you.  Not sure they will do your Datsun.  Too many curves on that baby.

http://www.woodworkersshoppe.com/photo.htm

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 02:23:42 PM »
Doom, if you ever come over to my house and we have nachos or something bring a few of your desks so we can eat in the living room.  tia

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »
I have a Cat Cave but is more like a spare bedroom that I keep my clothes, books, and other junk in.  Sometimes i'll lock my cats in there while we vacuum/clean the house. 

It contains various KSU media guides, junk they hand out at games, newspapers after historic wins, and game programs from every basketball game i've been to.  Also keep all the ticket stubs in a gallon ziploc freezer bag.

I also have a baseball signed by Pete Rose I keep in there, with a couple hockey puck  (Espisito's, Bobby Hull)
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »
Doom, if you ever come over to my house and we have nachos or something bring a few of your desks so we can eat in the living room.  tia

Done!  The white one even has the little pegs so I can nacho on a flat or inclined surface!   :cheers:

keep all the ticket stubs in a gallon ziploc freezer bag.

I kept tickets like that too.  I try to get them signed later at the autograph thingies.  I got Walker to sign my ticket stub to his first game as EMAW.  I also got  Pullen to sign my VegasPak ticket. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »

My guess is there is an apartment complex near Doom's house that has that exact same "log cabin paneling" in use as siding.  A couple of pallets of the stuff "fell off the truck" and landed in Doom' basement.

So if you are looking to mod your ride into a modern day woody and you want to do it on a budget, start cruising apartment complexes that are under construction at dusk.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2010, 04:57:29 PM »
I have a Cat Cave but is more like a spare bedroom that I keep my clothes, books, and other junk in.  Sometimes i'll lock my cats in there while we vacuum/clean the house.  

It contains various KSU media guides, junk they hand out at games, newspapers after historic wins, and game programs from every basketball game i've been to.  Also keep all the ticket stubs in a gallon ziploc freezer bag.

I also have a baseball signed by Pete Rose I keep in there, with a couple hockey puck  (Espisito's, Bobby Hull)

:facepalm: x 2

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 05:02:30 PM »

:facepalm: x 2

:surprised:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 05:54:10 PM »

My guess is there is an apartment complex near Doom's house that has that exact same "log cabin paneling" in use as siding.  A couple of pallets of the stuff "fell off the truck" and landed in Doom' basement.

So if you are looking to mod your ride into a modern day woody and you want to do it on a budget, start cruising apartment complexes that are under construction at dusk.

thx 4 the "heads up" skips, me thinks you're right  :cheers:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »

Sometimes i'll lock my cats in there while we vacuum/clean the house.  

This might be why Pete does it too.  If it was this, I don't know why he didnt just blame it on the cleaning fairy

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »
I also have a baseball signed by Pete Rose I keep in there,

Caesar's Palace Forum Shops keeps the real Pete Rose in their Cat Cave or whatever they call the shitty part of the mall.