Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1554751 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS KINGDOM, REID DAWN RISING, SEA OF RED, ARROWHEAD PRIDE
« Reply #6200 on: August 04, 2014, 12:38:35 PM »
Matt Cassel led the Chiefs to a first round playoff exit and went to a Pro Bowl. Sound familiar?
Hur hur hur. Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel. His winning percentage the last 5 years proves that.

Win % is an awful way to evaluate QB play
lol. ok.

Tim Tebow. He just wins. What a winner. Let's sign tebow and just win, baby.
If you can't see the difference between tebow & smith, you're mental. Tebow is definitely an exception and there's a reason he's out of the league.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: August 04, 2014, 12:40:20 PM »
Andy Dalton got $115M.  The Chiefs are going to have to pay Smith a lot of money.  Or hopefully Murray is a stud.  Probably not though.
Murray is not a stud. Many are saying he won't even make the 53 man roster.

I honestly haven't heard one person say that. Source?
I talk to @chiefsreporter on the reg and also Teicher put out his projections for the 53 man roster and Murray was left out.

It would seem to fly in the face of the moves we've made recently, which is get rid of old people that we're paying too much money, and just roll with the young kids and see if they can cut it.
It would be dumb to have 4 qb's on the roster. It would be nice to cut Chase with his bloated contract, but they do not feel comfortable with either of the young guys at the 2. They like Bray cause of his arm and the game is too fast for murray right now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:51:23 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: August 04, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »
Andy Dalton got $115M.  The Chiefs are going to have to pay Smith a lot of money.  Or hopefully Murray is a stud.  Probably not though.

I talk to @chiefsreporter on the reg and also Teicher put out his projections for the 53 man roster and Murray was left out.

It would seem to fly in the face of the moves we've made recently, which is get rid of old people that we're paying too much money, and just roll with the young kids and see if they can cut it.
It would be dumb to have 4 qb's on the roster. It would be nice to cut Chase with his blaoted contract, but they do not feel comfortable with either of the young guys at the 2. They like Bray cause of his arm and the game too fast for murray right now.

Pretty much what im hearing.  Worried about Smith getting hurt and they think both the kids would be a disaster (this season).

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: August 04, 2014, 12:44:12 PM »
Matt Cassel led the Chiefs to a first round playoff exit and went to a Pro Bowl. Sound familiar?
Hur hur hur. Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel. His winning percentage the last 5 years proves that.

Win % is an awful way to evaluate QB play
lol. ok.

Tim Tebow. He just wins. What a winner. Let's sign tebow and just win, baby.
If you can't see the difference between tebow & smith, you're mental. Tebow is definitely an exception and there's a reason he's out of the league.

So what does Derrick Johnson's win % say about him? Boy, it's really not good.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: August 04, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »
Similar to Smith and Cassel, Tebow was named a Pro Bowl Alternate. They have all three led teams to the playoffs. Alex Smith has a losing record in the playoffs and the others don't. 2S1D :D
:adios:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: August 04, 2014, 12:48:44 PM »

It would be dumb to have 4 qb's on the roster. It would be nice to cut Chase with his blaoted contract, but they do not feel comfortable with either of the young guys at the 2. They like Bray cause of his arm and the game too fast for murray right now.

Obviously you have better sources than I do, but Chase has had a pretty terrible camp this year, and both of our young QBs have a higher ceiling than him. We're boned if Alex Smith goes down, regardless who we keep as our backup QBs. I would just hate to cut Murray or Bray loose at this point.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: August 04, 2014, 12:52:52 PM »
'Meister must be bored. I'm not going to even acknowledge his silliness right now.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: August 04, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
Similar to Smith and Cassel, Tebow was named a Pro Bowl Alternate. They have all three led teams to the playoffs. Alex Smith has a losing record in the playoffs and the others don't. 2S1D :D

Cassel doesn't have a losing record in the playoffs? I didn't know he had won any.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: August 04, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure Matt Cassel has a losing record in the playoffs. Also, this post is just redic. I mean, you guys can keep throwing the Tebow line out there, but you know it's just dumb.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: August 04, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »

Cassel doesn't have a losing record in the playoffs? I didn't know he had won any.
He probably thinks the one good year he had with the patriots, that they went somewhere with it, but they didn't. They missed the playoffs.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: August 04, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »
2005, Cassel had one rush for -1 yard in a playoff win over Jacksonville :D
:adios:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: August 04, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
I meant 19 a season

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: August 04, 2014, 01:08:34 PM »

:D

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: August 04, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
:dubious:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: August 04, 2014, 01:40:59 PM »
Smith has one of this highest winning percentages over the past 5 years of any QB.  That is not a coincidence.  He is a top half QB in the league that is not elite.  He had a season (well, 10 games prior to injury) that he completed over 70% of his passes.  Shitty QBs don't do that.

I don't know why everyone seems to think a bunch of playoff winning QBs are hanging out and waiting for the Chiefs to call.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: August 04, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »
Smith has one of this highest winning percentages over the past 5 years of any QB.  That is not a coincidence.  He is a top half QB in the league that is not elite.  He had a season (well, 10 games prior to injury) that he completed over 70% of his passes.  Shitty QBs don't do that.

I don't know why everyone seems to think a bunch of playoff winning QBs are hanging out and waiting for the Chiefs to call.

There never will be a bunch of playoff winning QBs hanging out waiting for the Chiefs to call. If the Chiefs want to get one, their best course of action is to start trying to draft the top college QBs when they have the chance to do so and just hope that one of them pans out. This would have been an ideal year to do that. They still have Smith in case things don't pan out, and the team is going to struggle this season anyway.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: August 04, 2014, 02:04:54 PM »

There never will be a bunch of playoff winning QBs hanging out waiting for the Chiefs to call. If the Chiefs want to get one, their best course of action is to start trying to draft the top college QBs when they have the chance to do so and just hope that one of them pans out. This would have been an ideal year to do that. They still have Smith in case things don't pan out, and the team is going to struggle this season anyway.

The lack of a franchise QB falls one the previous regime, not this one.  We have a GM/Coach that seem to have done a pretty good job at evaluating QBs.  If they see one they like, they should do what they can to get him.  They passed on Bridgewater who is far from a sure thing, and other than that they haven't really passed on anyone that seems to be worth a crap.  If they continually pass up QBs I will be worried but they shouldn't desperately waste a pick on someone hoping he pans out if they don't evaluate him to be worth a pick. 

Panic drafting for need is how Freeman, Gabbert, Tannehill, Geno, McCoy, Weeden, Ponder, Sanchez and others get picked in the middle of the first.  Way more shitty QBs are drafted in the middle of the first the good ones because the shitty teams reach.  If you draft best available, you get someone like Rodgers at insane value.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:36 PM »

The lack of a franchise QB falls one the previous regime, not this one.  We have a GM/Coach that seem to have done a pretty good job at evaluating QBs.  If they see one they like, they should do what they can to get him.  They passed on Bridgewater who is far from a sure thing, and other than that they haven't really passed on anyone that seems to be worth a crap.  If they continually pass up QBs I will be worried but they shouldn't desperately waste a pick on someone hoping he pans out if they don't evaluate him to be worth a pick. 

Panic drafting for need is how Freeman, Gabbert, Tannehill, Geno, McCoy, Weeden, Ponder, Sanchez and others get picked in the middle of the first.  Way more shitty QBs are drafted in the middle of the first the good ones because the shitty teams reach.  If you draft best available, you get someone like Rodgers at insane value.

Of course, a whole lot of teams would have been much better off by "panicking" and taking Rodgers earlier in that draft.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: August 04, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »
Yes, but the team that picked Rodgers wasn't panicking as they had Favre and, although they wanted an heir, it wasn't necessary to get one immediately.  They picked for value.  If they picked for need they would've filled other urgent holes as they tried to keep competing for a title.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: August 04, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »
So, anyway guise, does Dalton's contract affect what Smith's situation?  I kinda think now either the Chiefs pay even more than they wanted, or a deal flat out doesn't get done.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: August 04, 2014, 04:40:47 PM »
So, anyway guise, does Dalton's contract affect what Smith's situation?  I kinda think now either the Chiefs pay even more than they wanted, or a deal flat out doesn't get done.

I think Smith will try to say he is worth that money.  Chiefs will say Dalton is younger and they are paying him for what he is going to do, not what he's done.  I think if the Chiefs hold firm and then a deal will get done.  Other teams may go after Smith as a FA but they probably won't throw significantly more money at him.  They can't overpay like the Ravens did with Flacco.  They have to be willing to let him walk.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: August 04, 2014, 04:50:51 PM »
I didn't like the Smith hire when it happened, but after last season.  That said, I would be fine with signing him for a little more than he is worth.  I am much more concerned about signing him for too long rather than too much. 

He owned the crap out of the offense last year.  I am fine securing that scoring ability and drafting for defense for the next three or four yrs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: August 04, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »
I didn't like the Smith hire when it happened, but after last season.  That said, I would be fine with signing him for a little more than he is worth.  I am much more concerned about signing him for too long rather than too much. 

He owned the crap out of the offense last year.  I am fine securing that scoring ability and drafting for defense for the next three or four yrs.
This post is making @j-dub and @cartierfor3 spit their drinks out. Be careful.  :lol:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: August 04, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »
I agree CNS.

I just looked at the details of Dalton's deal and he something similar to Kaepernick with very little guaranteed after two years and basically year to year team options.  Seems like a lot of players are doing this and it seems dumb for them to forgo any long term security for a slightly larger up front payday.  If the Chiefs can do something like that with Smith, it would be very very nice.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: August 04, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »
They need to either sign Alex or be absolutely sure that the QB they want is going to go to them in the draft. I don't think they are going to do any better in free agency. This is why they needed to take a chance this past draft.