Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 703581 times)

Online 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #18250 on: September 11, 2020, 08:24:49 PM »
You live in a lib world Mecca destination. I’m just trying to bring you back home on why these confederate flag lovers act the way they do. I love the Chiefs, but it’s really gross to attend at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18251 on: September 11, 2020, 10:57:25 PM »
And Mitch is amaze. He’s a dork and his overused sayings are ridiculous, but how can you not embrace a nerd like that? He loves the chiefs, just like me and my chiefs buds.
Agreed, Mitch can be a little over the top sometimes with his sunshine pumping and corny nicknames but he is a great announcer for the home team.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18252 on: September 11, 2020, 11:24:21 PM »

Imagine going to a chiefs game, as a chiefs fan, watching the super bowl banner go up, seeing the troph, and booing the team before the game even starts.

For most people loving America and that type of showy patriotic stuff was never political. It only becomes political when people, especially publicly, start suggesting that America isn’t so great. That’s a personal affront to a lot of people.

Showy patriotic stuff has always been political

Uh no it hasn’t

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18253 on: September 11, 2020, 11:27:09 PM »

Imagine going to a chiefs game, as a chiefs fan, watching the super bowl banner go up, seeing the troph, and booing the team before the game even starts.

For most people loving America and that type of showy patriotic stuff was never political. It only becomes political when people, especially publicly, start suggesting that America isn’t so great. That’s a personal affront to a lot of people.

Showy patriotic stuff has always been political

Uh no it hasn’t

Denying that it's been political is political

Offline ChiCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18254 on: September 14, 2020, 09:06:16 AM »

The people booing voted for a candidate that ran on a slogan explicitly saying America isn't great.  I find it hard to believe they were personally offended.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18255 on: September 14, 2020, 10:12:47 AM »
Several folks I know are Chiefs season ticket holders, they weren't there, but their friends were and the friends say the fans were boo'ing the Texans as they ran out of the tunnel just like they always do, and boo'ing the Texans going to mid-field just like they supposedly always boo the other team when they go to mid-field.  :dunno:

That's their story . . .

Kansas State University Football Team Fan

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: September 14, 2020, 11:15:43 AM »
I'm sure it was a combination of people too drunk to know what was going on, thinking they were just booing the Texans, and people who support police brutality.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: September 14, 2020, 01:14:27 PM »
I'm sure it was a combination of people too drunk to know what was going on, thinking they were just booing the Texans, and people who support police brutality.

Yeah, a lot of lack of self awareness, which goes with the too drunk and police people (not saying those are the same, everyone should be smashed for football games)
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: September 14, 2020, 03:21:19 PM »
Several folks I know are Chiefs season ticket holders, they weren't there, but their friends were and the friends say the fans were boo'ing the Texans as they ran out of the tunnel just like they always do, and boo'ing the Texans going to mid-field just like they supposedly always boo the other team when they go to mid-field.  :dunno:

That's their story . . .
Have a friend that was there, not inebriated, also not white & reiterated this sentiment as well.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: September 14, 2020, 04:10:08 PM »
yeah you can't hear the entire stadium from your seat. unlike the players & tv mics in the center of the field, both of which picked up booing.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: September 14, 2020, 04:28:29 PM »
I've got no dog in the fight and don't really care. Just saying from his perspective it wasn't the interlocking of arms etc. but that was like his viewpoint brocat
they did something at the cats game before the game started very similar and everyone within earshot of me applauded