Author Topic: Amnesty and the Unions  (Read 4102 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Amnesty and the Unions
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 12:10:04 AM »
There are plenty of non-immigrants who would be willing to work in the auto industry for less than the unionized workers are making. Just look at the non-unionized automakers like Toyota. I don't see how giving amnesty to illegal immigrants is going to break the unions. I don't agree with amnesty on principle, but I really don't think it would have negative impacts on the economy. The people who need to worry about losing their jobs in this situation are the non-unionized workers.

Amnesty would definitely have a negative impact on the deficit. Those illegal workers that have fake social security numbers are currently paying into SS and paying income tax per paycheck, but only a small percentage actually file a return, where most will get a full refund on their income tax withheld.

If amnesty were to happen, more will pay into SS, but they will all file tax returns, where almost all will get full refunds, plus Earned Income credit per child of up to $1000. I know the government numbers claim there is about 12 million illegals, but that seems low considering the border patrol catches about a million per year and only 2% are prosecuted.  And what happens when the health care entitlement begins?

They will also make more money, increasing not only the amount of taxes that they pay, but the demand for higher priced goods.

99% of them will not be among the 53% of working Americans that pay income tax.

They will still have money deducted from their paychecks. Would you like to give me a 1 year interest-free loan? If so, please PM.

Making a living wage would allow all of these immigrants to stop living 10 to a house, helping the real estate market. Landlords pay taxes. They will also be able to purchase more goods. People who trick out rides also pay taxes. (That's my racist stereotype for the day).

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Amnesty and the Unions
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 08:03:13 AM »
There are plenty of non-immigrants who would be willing to work in the auto industry for less than the unionized workers are making. Just look at the non-unionized automakers like Toyota. I don't see how giving amnesty to illegal immigrants is going to break the unions. I don't agree with amnesty on principle, but I really don't think it would have negative impacts on the economy. The people who need to worry about losing their jobs in this situation are the non-unionized workers.

Amnesty would definitely have a negative impact on the deficit. Those illegal workers that have fake social security numbers are currently paying into SS and paying income tax per paycheck, but only a small percentage actually file a return, where most will get a full refund on their income tax withheld.

If amnesty were to happen, more will pay into SS, but they will all file tax returns, where almost all will get full refunds, plus Earned Income credit per child of up to $1000. I know the government numbers claim there is about 12 million illegals, but that seems low considering the border patrol catches about a million per year and only 2% are prosecuted.  And what happens when the health care entitlement begins?

They will also make more money, increasing not only the amount of taxes that they pay, but the demand for higher priced goods.

99% of them will not be among the 53% of working Americans that pay income tax.

They will still have money deducted from their paychecks. Would you like to give me a 1 year interest-free loan? If so, please PM.

Making a living wage would allow all of these immigrants to stop living 10 to a house, helping the real estate market. Landlords pay taxes. They will also be able to purchase more goods. People who trick out rides also pay taxes. (That's my racist stereotype for the day).

Myth in many many cases. Not only is this a standard lifestyle for many in mexico, but often its done also to save money to pay for other family members to come through chain migration (another practice that must be stopped). More money increases the rate of migration. Amnesty will only encourage more of the human trafficking and cartel butchery associated with it.