Author Topic: Poor Guy . . .  (Read 3141 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Poor Guy . . .
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:48:16 PM »
Schoonercat

Almost on scholarship
Post #496
Mission, KS
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Does anyone else feel like KSU does a terrible job...   Reply
advertising season tickets and single game tickets? I don't know how many times I have seen that ku rock chalk saturdays commercial on tv or on the radio here in KC, but yet the only advertising I have seen from K-State is along I-70 on a few billboards.

I am not sure what it would take but I believe that we could could have at least one commercial or something showing we have an even better product in Manhattan.

Anyone else notice this or have any thoughts or suggestions? I would be more than willing to forward them on to Mr. Currie.

Can't wait for the Powertards to set him straight on how advertising, marketing and selling a product simply isn't important and is an utter waste of time and money.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Guy . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »
Now just waiting for ChiTwnCat to explain all of this to everyone.

Remembering that it was the same bunch who screamed and yelled that trying to garner more Ahearn Fund contributors through a grass roots approach simply wasn't worth it.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 01:34:16 PM »

TwoJay

Add Buddy Re: Does anyone else feel like KSU does a terrible job... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need Chitowncat to answer this . . . Again.

I'll paraphrase, there is no economic incentive to advertise like KU does. It costs way more money then they would generate.

Lol.

It's hilarious that the tards still to this day can't grasp the fact that selling football tickets is only half of the objective behind advertising in major media markets.

Promoting the visibility of the brand.  Expanding the fan base.  All strangely intangible concepts for some reason.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »

Remembering that it was the same bunch who screamed and yelled that trying to garner more Ahearn Fund contributors through a grass roots approach simply wasn't worth it.

The Rock Chalk Saturdays campaign has only been successful in buying Kietz a new Denali.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »

The Rock Chalk Saturdays campaign has only been successful in buying Kietz a new Denali.

I don't really care about ku on this issue . . . and nobody is saying that you need to flood the airwaves with 10 commercials an hour either.  But as somebody pointed out last year on Farmageddon . . . the Chiefs have taken note of K-State's anemic efforts to sell tickets to that game, which walks hand in hand with K-State's anemic efforts to sell tickets to the B-ball game at Sprint Center, which walks hand in hand with K-States half hearted effort to sell season football tickets.   That's the way it's always been though . . . and while I credit the current regime for actually understanding that pricing a seat that's empty for 4 out of every 5 games at premium prices for EVERY game is absolutely stupid, there's still a long, long way to go.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 12:50:43 AM »

I don't really care about ku on this issue . . . and nobody is saying that you need to flood the airwaves with 10 commercials an hour either.  But as somebody pointed out last year on Farmageddon . . . the Chiefs have taken note of K-State's anemic efforts to sell tickets to that game, which walks hand in hand with K-State's anemic efforts to sell tickets to the B-ball game at Sprint Center, which walks hand in hand with K-States half hearted effort to sell season football tickets.   That's the way it's always been though . . . and while I credit the current regime for actually understanding that pricing a seat that's empty for 4 out of every 5 games at premium prices for EVERY game is absolutely stupid, there's still a long, long way to go.

doesn't K-State get guaranteed money for the games in arrowhead?  whats the incentive to pay extra to advertise it?  shouldn't the chiefs advertise it?  I suppose the worst that could happen is the chiefs say no thanks the next time we try to get a game there.  dunno about the sprint center, is that guaranteed at all?

as for season tix, i've always thought our athletic dept just assumed our fans don't need to be told theres a football season coming up.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:06:11 AM »

doesn't K-State get guaranteed money for the games in arrowhead?  whats the incentive to pay extra to advertise it?  shouldn't the chiefs advertise it?  I suppose the worst that could happen is the chiefs say no thanks the next time we try to get a game there.  dunno about the sprint center, is that guaranteed at all?

as for season tix, i've always thought our athletic dept just assumed our fans don't need to be told theres a football season coming up.

I'm kind of glad they haven't reminded me too much. :bball:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 10:11:50 AM »

Well Andy, that's not very smart.   Yes K-State does get guaranteed money, and the perception from the Chiefs organization was that K-State just took their guaranteed money last year and ran with it.   But you see, there's the baseline guarantee, and then there's a payout over and above the guarantee based on the number of tickets sold.  If the number of tickets sold goes over a certain point, the payout increases.   It also means more money in the pocket for the Chiefs from parking and concessions etc. etc.   So, as I stated, from the Chiefs perspective, it was an extremely anemic attempt by K-State last year to sell more tickets.   

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 10:32:19 AM »
I haven't seen one KSU football commercial for this upcoming season.  They ought to at least advertise the UCLA package and ISU game IMO.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 11:50:46 AM »
Pretty sure K-State would advertise more if the commercials were cheaper and a little more bland.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »

Well Andy, that's not very smart.   Yes K-State does get guaranteed money, and the perception from the Chiefs organization was that K-State just took their guaranteed money last year and ran with it.   But you see, there's the baseline guarantee, and then there's a payout over and above the guarantee based on the number of tickets sold.  If the number of tickets sold goes over a certain point, the payout increases.   It also means more money in the pocket for the Chiefs from parking and concessions etc. etc.   So, as I stated, from the Chiefs perspective, it was an extremely anemic attempt by K-State last year to sell more tickets.   

:runaway:
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 02:44:11 PM »
Pretty much.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 04:58:54 AM »
KSU marketing = Cheap single game tics...... :love:

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »
Will Currie use the KSTATEO poster as a starting point for all future advertising? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 09:52:35 AM »
Will Currie use the KSTATEO poster as a starting point for all future advertising? 

I would really like to hear captain crap's take on the KSTATEO Harley Military Poster Of Paint Splatter 80s Hair Band Schedule Dominance 2010

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »
The TV commercial i envision is just a still screen of the KSTATEO poster for 30 seconds with "Welcome to the Jungle" playing in the background.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »

agree that its not real smart.  but when it has come to our athletic dept one certainly has to think about it from even the dumbest angles.   :cheers: