Author Topic: drink prices  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
drink prices
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: drink prices
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
:flush:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 01:21:53 PM »
Good-bye 12 oz. draws.  :dunno:

http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-07-12/poll_will_laws_enforcement_change_your_drinking_habits

Or, hello cheap draws.
the margins are set, these bars are screwed.  kansas is so rough ridin' backwards in so many ways.  no wonder the rest of the country laughs at the state. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 01:45:59 PM »
Just how fracking bored are those folks that they feel the need to dig up and reinterpret twenty year old laws? I mean, shazbot! me. It's bad enough that Kansas doesn't allow happy hours and now this crap. Abc needs to go in the Back and kill themselves on this one.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 01:49:10 PM »
State of Kansas already shut down the discount club through Barley's Brewhouse....jfc i can't afford to binge drink except in the confines of my own apt.  :cry:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-07-12/poll_will_laws_enforcement_change_your_drinking_habits

Or, hello cheap draws.
the margins are set, these bars are screwed.  kansas is so fracking backwards in so many ways.  no wonder the rest of the country laughs at the state. 

Yep.  It's time like this that make me glad I only live mere minutes away from MO.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »

Or, hello cheap draws.
the margins are set, these bars are screwed.  kansas is so fracking backwards in so many ways.  no wonder the rest of the country laughs at the state. 

Yep.  It's time like this that make me glad I only live mere minutes away from MO.

We should do a consulting project for Touche` and assist in guiding them through these troubled waters.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 02:07:31 PM »
Save me from myself......... :runaway:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »
What's that going to anount to?  An extra $0.50 for two 32 oz beers?  Get over it.  Drinks are a lot cheaper in Kansas than they are elsewhere. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »
What's that going to anount to?  An extra $0.50 for two 32 oz beers?  Get over it.  Drinks are a lot cheaper in Kansas than they are elsewhere. 

i think the point is that it's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »

Or, hello cheap draws.

We should do a consulting project for Touche` and assist in guiding them through these troubled waters.

I'll selflessly volunteer to go on the cougar fact-finding mission

catzacker

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 05:09:07 PM »

i think the point is that it's Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

this.  much like the law regarding alcohol sales as a percentage of food sales (I think they might have repealed that one).  the FDA doesn't tell Dillons how much to charge for fracking wonderbread.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »
could just befriend a bartender :cheers:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 05:54:05 PM »

yeah. it's just dumb. i mean, i see why some laws are laws, but i can't understand why this is one. what's the benefit to this? it reminds me of when i went to oklahoma and tried to get cold beer at the liquor store. they said they could only sell warm beer and that if i wanted cold beer, i'd have to go to the convenience store next door. oh, okay. dumbasses.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »

yeah. it's just dumb. i mean, i see why some laws are laws, but i can't understand why this is one. what's the benefit to this? it reminds me of when i went to oklahoma and tried to get cold beer at the liquor store. they said they could only sell warm beer and that if i wanted cold beer, i'd have to go to the convenience store next door. oh, okay. dumbasses.

The point is to keep people from buying larger quantities of alcohol for a discounted price. People are more likely to buy a $5 pitcher than a $2.50 tallboy. In any other state with any other product, the same people who dreamed this up would bemoan the government intrusion into private business. In Kansas, our small government Republicans welcome this type of intrusion. See the strip club bill that failed in the House this last session.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »

The point is to keep people from buying larger quantities of alcohol for a discounted price. People are more likely to buy a $5 pitcher than a $2.50 tallboy.

yeah. i get why they're doing it. i just don't see the benefit in doing it. why not just mandate that all alcoholic drinks be served in mason jars or all alcoholic drinks come in six ounce plastic cups or all alcoholic drinks must be accompanied with a strip of bacon. it's just stupid. and if it's stupid and there's no benefit, then why do it?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 06:19:15 PM »
What's that going to anount to?  An extra $0.50 for two 32 oz beers?  Get over it.  Drinks are a lot cheaper in Kansas than they are elsewhere.  
the impact wiil be felt more by the business than the people out drinking.  further, now seems like an especially bad time for the kansas state government (who will finish FY10 ~$1B in the red) to screw with businesses who have been operating just fine without some bored ABC agent stumbling across this rule and then deciding to enforce it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:21:18 PM by pissclams »

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »

The point is to keep people from buying larger quantities of alcohol for a discounted price. People are more likely to buy a $5 pitcher than a $2.50 tallboy.

yeah. i get why they're doing it. i just don't see the benefit in doing it. why not just mandate that all alcoholic drinks be served in mason jars or all alcoholic drinks come in six ounce plastic cups or all alcoholic drinks must be accompanied with a strip of bacon. it's just stupid. and if it's stupid and there's no benefit, then why do it?

Because they can. And the kickbacks from this could be ginormous.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 11:42:56 PM »
Duncan also said he thinks the agency has exceeded its authority.

"The other factor is this is basically prescribing retail prices," he said, "and there is no authority for them to do it."

nailed it.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »
The law seems pretty clear.

If it's "Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)," repeal it.   :dunno:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 11:53:37 PM »

Why do you hate America?

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 06:36:58 AM »
The law seems pretty clear.

If it's "Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)," repeal it.   :dunno:

It's actually much cheaper and efficient just to ignore the stupid laws than to repeal them.
Y.N.W.A.