Author Topic: UK Student tickets  (Read 3617 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
UK Student tickets
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:14:14 AM »
was conversing with a few of my friends who are going to UK next year. At their enrollment they talked about tickets for students next year. They pay 150 for "an all sports package" but was told that you only get basketball tickets.

when my friend asked what about football they responded by saying that during football season students this year get tickets for free all you have to do is show your ID at a booth and you get your ticket.  :facepalm:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: UK Student tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 01:54:01 AM »
was conversing with a few of my friends who are going to UK next year. At their enrollment they talked about tickets for students next year. They pay 150 for "an all sports package" but was told that you only get basketball tickets.

when my friend asked what about football they responded by saying that during football season students this year get tickets for free all you have to do is show your ID at a booth and you get your ticket.  :facepalm:

Iowa State doesn't feel like quite as much of a punch line after hearing this story. We fill our student section.  :lol:

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 08:44:02 AM »
I'll take the "Chalk" ticket package, thx.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 11:07:51 AM »
I'll take the "Chalk" ticket package, thx.

pffft, LOL at losers who get Chalk.  PoetWarrior and I went halvsies on the Rock package.   :gocho:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
hmm have gotten into some ukans football games b4 with a borrowed Id, including a KSU game.  Wonder if that will work again.  Love that ukans football is back to "we don't care mode".

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 11:23:41 AM »
hmm have gotten into some ukans football games b4 with a borrowed Id, including a KSU game.  Wonder if that will work again.  Love that ukans football is back to "we don't care mode".

Their whole athletic department is in that mode.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
Technically those uk student football tickets are not free.   Every uk student pays a mandatory $40 a semester athletic fee whether they go to a single athletic event or not.   So technically if a student gets a basketball ticket, they're paying $240 for it during the course of a normal academic year, if they don't get a basketball ticket, they've paid for a football ticket via the fee, whether they go to any games or not.

Remember, uk athletics was paying Lew $4 million dollar bonuses, buying out coaches contracts, and dredging up the bottom of the conference in just about every sport except men's basketball .  .  . all the while hauling in over $2 million a year in mandatory fees from students . . . while running a ticket fraud/money laundering operation, while Lew and the gang handed out favors like candy and misappropriated VIP type tickets to cronies instead of  high dollar giving Williams Funds contributors.     About a year ago when the student government tried to reallocate all or part of those mandatory athletic fees to save academic programs, Lew send his little piss boy Marichony up the hill to threaten everyone reminding them ku athletics needed that money in order to maintain Title IX status, all the while as I said they were handing out big bonuses and pay raises, and supposedly finishing the year millions of dollars in the black.  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 11:36:15 AM »
Love it when dax single handedly owns the whole university of kansas.   :love:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 01:06:27 PM »

Iowa State doesn't feel like quite as much of a punch line after hearing this story. We fill our student section.  :lol:

Don't worry.  No one will ever confuse the ISU fans with uk fans

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 01:09:34 PM »
Love it when dax single handedly owns the whole university of kansas.   :love:

BITBBS
RIP Fatty

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 04:58:57 PM »
Technically those uk student football tickets are not free.   Every uk student pays a mandatory $40 a semester athletic fee whether they go to a single athletic event or not.   So technically if a student gets a basketball ticket, they're paying $240 for it during the course of a normal academic year, if they don't get a basketball ticket, they've paid for a football ticket via the fee, whether they go to any games or not.

Remember, uk athletics was paying Lew $4 million dollar bonuses, buying out coaches contracts, and dredging up the bottom of the conference in just about every sport except men's basketball .  .  . all the while hauling in over $2 million a year in mandatory fees from students . . . while running a ticket fraud/money laundering operation, while Lew and the gang handed out favors like candy and misappropriated VIP type tickets to cronies instead of  high dollar giving Williams Funds contributors.     About a year ago when the student government tried to reallocate all or part of those mandatory athletic fees to save academic programs, Lew send his little piss boy Marichony up the hill to threaten everyone reminding them ku athletics needed that money in order to maintain Title IX status, all the while as I said they were handing out big bonuses and pay raises, and supposedly finishing the year millions of dollars in the black.  

thanks for providing talking points for my run ins with ukans fans over the next few months.  love it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »
Really wish they would issue the "free" tickets to the students.  That way I could walk up to the gate at 6:29pm and buy one for $5, then walk all the way down to the front bleacher directly behind our team.   Would feel like old times.

This ID bs is going to kill that for me.  :chainsaw:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »
I still have my KU ID :fatty:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 06:50:31 PM »

me too  :users:

Think I threw mine out, haven't looked for it tho.  Didn't really need one back in the day, even for bball (nev went to fball) -- I knew the score/timing crew   :gocho:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 09:55:32 PM »

Me too.  Also have some random one found at a bar (that undoubtedly didn't serve coors products and served their beer in ridiculously heavy "schooners").

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 10:55:37 AM »

Special post, Dax.   

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Sugar Dick

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »

Free seems slightly over priced for tix to Memorial Stadium.  Do they throw in a complimentary t-shirt, or popcorn, or something?

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 05:39:06 PM »

Me too.  Also have some random one found at a bar (that undoubtedly didn't serve coors products and served their beer in ridiculously heavy "schooners").

they haven't changed it recently have they?   hopefully just have to flash it and not get it scanned or something.  always found it funny they never questioned my wearing a purple KSU shirt and flashing an ID that doesnt look like me at all.   The key i guess is to find the oldest ticket takers, they really don't care, just seem happy people show up.