Author Topic: Snyder Owns Texas  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Lynch

• Fan
  • KSUftw smells like salty peanuts.
    • View Profile
Snyder Owns Texas
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Owns Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »
Synds doesn't really own them but Prince did

Offline Lynch

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »
Synds doesn't really own them but Prince did
QFT, but I do like how the Author kind skirts around that fact.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »
For example, one of the more popular drawings is entitled "The Big TeXas Conference." It has transformed Texas' mascot from Bevo the steer into Bevo the dairy cow, with the logos of the other nine schools sucking its teats.

Of all the attempts to find a name for the downsized conference, the one that has to sting those nine schools the most is this one: "Bevo's B******" (it rhymes with witches.)

Were either of these goEMAW.com originals?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:05 AM »
There's the overall athletic budget, and then what K-State spends on football.    I've done a quick search, for FY 2009, K-State spent more money on football than at least 5 other Big 12 Schools, and I haven't looked at them all.  

This whole "doing more with less" is a myth when it comes to what K-State actually spends on football, every year K-State is right there with most of the Big 12 in terms of total dollar expenditures for football with of course a couple of the schools being outliers.

I am not trying to make a validation and affirmation point . . . I am just tired of the near powerespect like myth that keeps getting tossed around that LHC Bill Snyder is performing some kind of miracle with virtually no money to work with, that simply isn't true.    The myth then gets used as a built in excuse when the team doesn't perform well.  

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »
i saw some figures when Ron was still here, and we were like #1 in recruiting expenses, how the f*ck is that possible is my question?  I have no doubt we are in the middle in terms of expenses for football, but it doesn't appear it's for recruiting.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 11:23:32 AM »
I hate to sound like a ku fan, but we should be 5-1 if Ell hadn't fracked out that fumble in the '03 game.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 11:38:56 AM »
For example, one of the more popular drawings is entitled "The Big TeXas Conference." It has transformed Texas' mascot from Bevo the steer into Bevo the dairy cow, with the logos of the other nine schools sucking its teats.

Of all the attempts to find a name for the downsized conference, the one that has to sting those nine schools the most is this one: "Bevo's B******" (it rhymes with witches.)

I'm pretty sure the first one was _33.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:51:55 AM by felix rex »
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 11:41:38 AM »

I was in rehab this week(arm, not drugs) and my therapist(physical, not crazy), who is a KU fan, showed the "dairy bevo" one and thought it was hilarious.  She is older and a KU fan.

Long story short, it is everywhere. 

well done.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 11:47:50 AM »
I hate to sound like a ku fan, but we should be 5-1 if Ell hadn't fracked out that fumble in the '03 game.

I say we should be 6-0 against them.  In that 2002 game, we had more total yards than UT, game was tied 14-14 until they kicked a long field goal with 1:13 left in the game.  We get the ball and drive all the way down into field goal range and it gets blocked with one second left.  We should have won (or at least sent to overtime).   :curse:

Offline Lynch

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »
There's the overall athletic budget, and then what K-State spends on football.    I've done a quick search, for FY 2009, K-State spent more money on football than at least 5 other Big 12 Schools, and I haven't looked at them all.  

This whole "doing more with less" is a myth when it comes to what K-State actually spends on football, every year K-State is right there with most of the Big 12 in terms of total dollar expenditures for football with of course a couple of the schools being outliers.

I am not trying to make a validation and affirmation point . . . I am just tired of the near powerespect like myth that keeps getting tossed around that LHC Bill Snyder is performing some kind of miracle with virtually no money to work with, that simply isn't true.    The myth then gets used as a built in excuse when the team doesn't perform well.  

I get the feeling the University uses this as an excuse just as much as some fans.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 12:07:06 PM »

LOL at the collie head.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 12:14:05 PM »

I get the feeling the University uses this as an excuse just as much as some fans.

We have to spend more because it's harder here (<--I have a soft spot for this oddball exchange-rate excuse)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »

LOL at the collie head.
LOL at Baylor getting the hind teat.

Offline Lynch

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 04:34:19 PM »

We have to spend more because it's harder here (<--I have a soft spot for this oddball exchange-rate excuse)

This is interesting. For example D. Hill gets paid a ton more than any other assistant. I don't know how Frank $tack$ up but I wouldn't doubt it's competitive. And BB is doing well.

Maybe we need to pay the FB coaches more  :dunno:

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 11:11:53 PM »
i saw some figures when Ron was still here, and we were like #1 in recruiting expenses, how the f*ck is that possible is my question?  I have no doubt we are in the middle in terms of expenses for football, but it doesn't appear it's for recruiting.

It's not cheap to travel out if MHK (at least not back then) and we have to cover more area recruiting : Texas, Florida, DC area, California etc. Makes a lot of sense actually. :dunno:
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.