Author Topic: Nick  (Read 17155 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nick
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 08:42:45 PM »
If our roster was playing for another conference school, you would readily call that team "pretty stacked."  Dude,  2nd in the Big 12+E8= Pretty stacked.

Offline canadian_breeze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »
If our roster was playing for another conference school, you would readily call that team "pretty stacked."  Dude,  2nd in the Big 12+E8= Pretty stacked.
We aren't that stacked.                       tee hee hee

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 10:24:24 PM »
here come the "we never get any talent at k-state we just coach em' up and try harder than everyone else" idiots.

anyways, it depends on your definition of stacked, I'm not talking N Carolina stacked or KU 08' stacked, but we had the right mix of experience and talent and depth. I ment stacked as in the roster spots anyways; the roster and scoring load was pretty "stacked" ahead of judge and especially russell. Those guys weren't leaned on to provide much, as most frosh shouldn't be.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »
Hell no, we weren't totally loaded like a UNC, UK, KU, etc but we were pretty stacked.  Solid talent, several deep at pretty much every spot.

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 11:03:47 PM »
Hell no, we weren't totally loaded like a UNC, UK, KU, etc but we were pretty stacked.  Solid talent, several deep at pretty much every spot.

Colon started...  and Energy played significant minutes at crucial times for God's sake.  We were NOT stacked.

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2010, 11:07:24 PM »

Colon started...  and Energy played significant minutes at crucial times for God's sake.  We were NOT stacked.

We're looking fairly stacked for this coming season.   :grin:

Not as much as if Dom would have stayed for his senior year though.   :cry:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2010, 11:10:11 PM »
We also had a MCDAA coming off the bench and a 4* Hotrod struggling to get minutes.  But no talent on that roster.  :facepalm:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2010, 11:16:43 PM »
The closest to being "stacked" we came wer at the 3-5 spots.  Not at guard. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »

3/4 maybe.  We were paper thin at the 5.  I count CK as a 4.  That leaves Lu and JH-R.  And IMHO, Wally shouldn't be shackled at the 5.  You know, come to think of it, I hate all these numbered designations.  In Frank's offense, there are guards and bigs.  Good enought for me.

:thumbsup:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »

I swear to God we have to have the stupidest basketball fanbase in the country.

Was Duke stacked?  They had Brian Zoubek and Lance Thomas playing big minutes.
Was Kansas stacked?  They had Brady Morningstar and Tyrel Reed playing big minutes.
Texas with Dogus Balbay, West Virginia with Cam Throughman and Wellington Smith.

Do you know what role players are?  Every player isn't going to be a star.  Those players were not asked to score at crucial times,  Luis was never even on the floor at crucial times and when Energy was it was for well Energy.  All teams have limited skilled role players who see the court.

dumbasses

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2010, 11:27:07 PM »
Hell, with college basketball in general it's pretty much "bigs and smalls.". All sorts of 3 guard or forward lineups out there.  How often does a team with a dominate center win anything anymore?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2010, 11:28:11 PM »
Hell no, we weren't totally loaded like a UNC, UK, KU, etc but we were pretty stacked.  Solid talent, several deep at pretty much every spot.

Colon started...  and Energy played significant minutes at crucial times for God's sake.  We were NOT stacked.

I swear to God we have to have the stupidest basketball fanbase in the country.

Was Duke stacked?  They had Brian Zoubek and Lance Thomas playing big minutes.
Was Kansas stacked?  They had Brady Morningstar and Tyrel Reed playing big minutes.
Texas with Dogus Balbay, West Virginia with Cam Throughman and Wellington Smith.

Do you know what role players are?  Every player isn't going to be a star.  Those players were not asked to score at crucial times,  Luis was never even on the floor at crucial times and when Energy was it was for well Energy.  All teams have limited skilled role players who see the court.

dumbasses

Love when MIR does this.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2010, 11:32:40 PM »

3/4 maybe.  We were paper thin at the 5.  I count CK as a 4.  That leaves Lu and JH-R.  And IMHO, Wally shouldn't be shackled at the 5.  You know, come to think of it, I hate all these numbered designations.  In Frank's offense, there are guards and bigs.  Good enought for me.

:thumbsup:

Kind of what I was going for.  at the 4 and 5 you could interchange Lu, Curt, Wally, Jordan, Jamsam

at the 3 you could throw in jamsam, dom or rod.

After Denis and Jake we had frosh as guards.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »
MIR, with the KO!

Offline bozocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »
MIR, with the KO!

Really?  How so?  Because he called everybody "dumbasses"?  We're really not that far apart on our opinions here.  I disagreed with the term "stacked".  Semantics, really.  IMO we were carried by our guards, until CK started putting it together.  We did have talent, aside from Lu, Energy, 'Tay (who I value as a role player).  We were not really that deep.  We had talent, but not experienced talent.  That changes this year.  I look to see improvement and consistency from Wally, Rodney, Nick and Jam-Sam.  JH-R might be able to contribute minutes and I also think Freddy will be a major contributer (if he gets in shape).  'Tay will probably be about the same and Nino will contribute in spurts.  Anything out of the other freshmen will be icing.  This year's team more closely follows the "stacked" tag.  The only holes I see are FT shooting and cosistent shooting.  I think we will miss Dom's tenacity, defense and rebounding.  Overall I am  :ksu: for '10-'11.   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:03:21 AM by bozocat »

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »
I don't know about our roster, but I know my GF is stacked.  Ever seen a pair of real double Js?  She has got a pair and I motorboat the hell out of them. I can wear one of her bra cups as a hat and I make sure to have one of her bras as a carry-on when I fly to use as a parachute.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2010, 12:54:12 AM »
MIR, with the KO!

Really?  How so?  Because he called everybody "dumbasses"?  We're really not that far apart on our opinions here.  I disagreed with the term "stacked".  Semantics, really.  IMO we were carried by our guards, until CK started putting it together.  We did have talent, aside from Lu, Energy, 'Tay (who I value as a role player).  We were not really that deep.  We had talent, but not experienced talent.  That changes this year.  I look to see improvement and consistency from Wally, Rodney, Nick and Jam-Sam.  JH-R might be able to contribute minutes and I also think Freddy will be a major contributer (if he gets in shape).  'Tay will probably be about the same and Nino will contribute in spurts.  Anything out of the other freshmen will be icing.  This year's team more closely follows the "stacked" tag.  The only holes I see are FT shooting and cosistent shooting.  I think we will miss Dom's tenacity, defense and rebounding.  Overall I am  :ksu: for '10-'11.   

Our opinions are not at all close.  You have softened your stance with each post, now you say they had talent, but it was inexperienced.  What the hell does that matter?  You clearly don't understand what role players are, the 2010-11 will have them too and invariably there will be tards falling all over themselves talking crying about the role players and why they don't average 15 PPG.  You are still bitching about Luis and Energy.  Why can't you understand that all teams have players like Luis and Energy?  Your original contention that this team wasn't "stacked" because of Luis and Energy was really dumb.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2010, 01:02:29 AM »
I hated every minute Luis and Energy were on the court but it worked out okay for us, don't you think?  It will be very nice when guys like JHR and Irving are our energy guys, coming off the bench for a few minutes here and there.  But we're looking at improving on an E8 this time, not looking at making the tourney.  The E8 appearance itself may not necessarily exemplify the pretty stacked lineup status (George Mason) but the 2nd place finish in arguably the best conference in the country does.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2010, 01:53:52 AM »
eff, tough crowd to please

everyone these days is young. we had one of the older teams in the nation. we had system continuity. we had some of the best and most experienced guards in a guard-driven league. we had an inside scoring threat.  we had length, athleticism, and enough depth. probably 7 times out of ten we beat butler, we're in the final four, and then who knows. we were a national title favorite for crying out loud. in this day of one and done's everyone's got a weakness. i don't even know what the hell i'm arguing right now. i never said we were stacked, but whether you think we were or not, let's at least agree to stop discussing made up college positions like the "5-spot". we are fans of elite basketball now, let's act like it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2010, 01:58:36 AM »
eff, tough crowd to please

everyone these days is young. we had one of the older teams in the nation. we had system continuity. we had some of the best and most experienced guards in a guard-driven league. we had an inside scoring threat.  we had length, athleticism, and enough depth. probably 7 times out of ten we beat butler, we're in the final four, and then who knows. we were a national title favorite for crying out loud. in this day of one and done's everyone's got a weakness. i don't even know what the hell i'm arguing right now. i never said we were stacked, but whether you think we were or not, let's at least agree to stop discussing made up college positions like the "5-spot". we are fans of elite basketball now, let's act like it.

http://kenpom.com/height.php?s=ExpRank

We had the 159th oldest team in the nation

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2010, 01:58:47 AM »
fascinating end to this thread. agreed we were stacked last year. STACKED is an adorable word (when used in this context, cbb)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2010, 01:59:09 AM »
shazbot!, tough crowd to please

everyone these days is young. we had one of the older teams in the nation. we had system continuity. we had some of the best and most experienced guards in a guard-driven league. we had an inside scoring threat.  we had length, athleticism, and enough depth. probably 7 times out of ten we beat butler, we're in the final four, and then who knows. we were a national title favorite for crying out loud. in this day of one and done's everyone's got a weakness. i don't even know what the hell i'm arguing right now. i never said we were stacked, but whether you think we were or not, let's at least agree to stop discussing made up college positions like the "5-spot". we are fans of elite basketball now, let's act like it.

Chi, holiday inn vs hampton???

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2010, 02:00:47 AM »

:confused:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2010, 02:07:57 AM »

everyone these days is young. we had one of the older teams in the nation. we had system continuity. we had some of the best and most experienced guards in a guard-driven league. we had an inside scoring threat.  we had length, athleticism, and enough depth. probably 7 times out of ten we beat butler, we're in the final four, and then who knows. we were a national title favorite for crying out loud. in this day of one and done's everyone's got a weakness. i don't even know what the hell i'm arguing right now. i never said we were stacked, but whether you think we were or not, let's at least agree to stop discussing made up college positions like the "5-spot". we are fans of elite basketball now, let's act like it.

our starting line-up and first guy off the bench were old as hell... and add in CK. we had a big frosh class but minutes-wise we were old. gotlieb would say that almost verbatum every time he'd do our game.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2010, 02:11:26 AM »

our starting line-up and first guy off the bench were old as hell... and add in CK. we had a big frosh class but minutes-wise we were old.

I just wanted to be a dick