Author Topic: DeArmond...  (Read 9377 times)

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: DeArmond...
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010, 01:36:25 PM »
Sys,

What are you hoping for Re: backcourt next year?  Should we pin our hopes on Sprads coming in and/or Russell pulling his head out?  Seems to me right now we've got Irving starting at the point, Pullen at the 2, then a whole lot of confusion when the rotations kick in.  I'd be okay with McGruds playing alongside whoever emerges as the best ball handler (prolly Pullen), since the sacrifice of bringing in a poor ball handler is offset some by having the elite ballhandler in there.  Plus, as mentioned before, McGruds is huge just about everywhere else, so even if he kills you with the odd turnover or 4, you still get something out of him.

1:  Irving, Pullen, Russell
2:  Pullen, McGruder, Sprads

:dunno:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2010, 02:12:16 PM »
irving and/or a juco recruit would have to be the favorite.  spradling and russell, assuming he is still here, will certainly get chances to show what they can do, but irving is in the driver's seat unless a solid juco is brought in.

it'd be fantastic if mcgruder improved his handles enough to get 10-15 minutes as a noncombo 2, moving pullen to a noncombo 1.  but unlikely.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010, 02:21:28 PM »
it'd be fantastic if mcgruder improved his handles enough to get 10-15 minutes as a noncombo 2, moving pullen to a noncombo 1.  but unlikely.
this is my hope and expectation.  irvy is too small for the new breed KSU combo.  i think Jake and McGrudsies could share the combo 1 and 2 pretty well.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »
this is my hope and expectation.  irvy is too small for the new breed KSU combo.  i think Jake and McGrudsies could share the combo 1 and 2 pretty well.

:pray:  i think we'd be a lot better defensively with a nice size advantage. 

2k11 get Russell good enough to get out there with McGruds and we will be very big on the perimeter.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2010, 03:13:04 PM »
irving and/or a juco recruit would have to be the favorite.  spradling and russell, assuming he is still here, will certainly get chances to show what they can do, but irving is in the driver's seat unless a solid juco is brought in.

Russell has been first off the bench the last 2 games!  Driver's seat changes daily!

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »

:pray:  i think we'd be a lot better defensively with a nice size advantage. 

2k11 get Russell good enough to get out there with McGruds and we will be very big on the perimeter.
the size will maike it easier to get the ball on the blocks to Sophomore of the Year B12 Wally Judge.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 10:19:41 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 10:46:04 PM »
LOL . . . then he went and drank more.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »
We should be so lucky as to have a DeArmond covering us  :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »
Yep, we have very middle of the road, don't say anything to make anybody mad guys . . . and Kellis

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:28 PM »
was he reading off a cheat sheet?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 11:18:02 PM »
He's right.  We haven't really earned it, but that is part of the beauty of the OOD.  We, or I should say, some around here have been calling it the OOD since before we were good at all. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2010, 12:54:56 AM »
I really can't wait until my life is so depressing that I don't give a eff about my personal appearance like DeArmond. Hopefully it doesn't cheer me up to the point that I start caring again. Imagine the extra time you would have.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »
We should be so lucky as to have a DeArmond covering us  :frown:

Our overall sports columnist situation took a mortal blow when Whitlock left. I think Mellinger is trying to be interesting. But when Bob Lutz is the edgiest guy on the block, that's a problem. So I'm rooting for DeArmond. I want more drunken "Michael Beeeeeeeeasly" vlogs and whatnot. 99% of our current beat writers are complete vegetable lasagna.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2010, 05:23:13 AM »

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2010, 06:31:19 PM »
i thought dearmond was all  :goodbyecruelworld: and stuff   :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »
gabe (gabriel) is a great name.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »
Jeebus, you know he's working on a near mortal hangover this morning. Would love to call and leave a BEAAAAASSSSSLEY voice mail on his phone.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2010, 11:25:09 AM »

:lol:

don't know that i've ever watched the whole thing before. my dear god. that is just an incredible four minutes. also, how does that guy still have a job?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2010, 12:51:38 PM »

:lol:

don't know that i've ever watched the whole thing before. my dear god. that is just an incredible four minutes. also, how does that guy still have a job?

He gets paid absolute jack crap...sames reason anyone works for the Star.  They will work for minimum wage and can't get a job anywhere else.