Author Topic: DeArmond...  (Read 9379 times)

cyclist

Re: DeArmond...
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 08:50:17 AM »
Denny Clemente couldn't carry Mike Evans or Chuckie Williams' piss bucket.

There was no 3 point line back then, so there was no "spotting up" on the line, they just bombed from 2 to 3 feet behind where the line is all the time.

DeArmond is a typical mu douche. 

True dat !

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 08:55:01 AM »
People I've never heard of:  Mike Evans, Chuckie Williams

People I've heard of:  Denis Clemente

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 09:00:33 AM »
Denny Clemente couldn't carry Mike Evans or Chuckie Williams' piss bucket.

There was no 3 point line back then, so there was no "spotting up" on the line, they just bombed from 2 to 3 feet behind where the line is all the time.

DeArmond is a typical mu douche.  

True dat !

that's whack cyclist. homey don't play that. i'm audi5000 g.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:02:57 AM by Rick Daris »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 09:01:55 AM »
Do you blame Frank?  Grudes is going to have to work on his ball handling starting in the spring.  Right now he is incapable with the ball in his hands and he isn't shooting.  At this level and in Franks offense you have to have 2 ball handlers on the court.  This is the value of DenClem he keeps the offense running and doesn't turm it over.  If there is going to be an issue next year it is a second reliable ball handler and distributor.  I love Rodney's game but he is a BIG liability handling the ball right now.  However, I do think his issues are largely mental and not physical.  We shall see.

yeah, no i don't blame martin.  i just see a lot of people assuming that mcgruder's minutes are going to go way up next year with clemente gone.  and for exactly the reason you point out, i'm just not very convinced it's going to happen.

it seems more likely that he's still going to be basically a backup 3.  fortunately for him, sutton gets in foul trouble a lot.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 09:35:19 AM »
Gruds needs develop a headfake put it on the ground game.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »
Gruds will get minutes next year but so will all of the guys, it's not like Frank is raising Clemente Dos in his basement.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
Donde es Clemente dos?  En el sótano?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 10:00:36 AM »
Clemente poco, vive en el sótano.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »
Gruds will get minutes next year but so will all of the guys, it's not like Frank is raising Clemente Dos in his basement.

You sure about this?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »
I'd prefer Russell get his sh*t together defensively and get more of Clemente's minutes than McGruder.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 10:46:10 AM »
I'd prefer Russell get his sh*t together defensively and get more of Clemente's minutes than McGruder.

why?  mcgruder's shown a hell of a lot more this season than russell has.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 10:48:36 AM »
I'm with Rusty here.  I think Irving/Russell will be the ones to take on Denis spot, but to a lessor extent.  And Frank will find a way to get McGruder and Sutton minutes, both at 20+ per game.  McGruder just provides too much scoring and has improved a ton defensively.  But playing the 2 would be tough for him, he's much more like Sutton as a player, except he has a jump shot.  But he cleans up a lot of trash as well.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »
Russ is Stew II.  I'd take it if Sprads is a 3 point shooting savant.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 10:52:21 AM »

why?  mcgruder's shown a hell of a lot more this season than russell has.

I like having two players that can handle the ball and start a fast break.  I don't think McGrud's is significantly more skilled offensively - he's just gotten a lot more opportunity (because of his defense/position).

catzacker

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »

yes.  Mcgruder and Sutton can fight it out for minutes, both provide unique things the other can't so the type of game/opponent/fouls will drive who gets more minutes.  But Russell has to get it together because he looks like he could provide some balance between the guards.  If Russell can do it, then when Irving subs for Jake there won't be this incredible drop off.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »
don't think McGrud's is significantly more skilled offensively - he's just gotten a lot more opportunity (because of his defense/position).

you must have seen a different russell than i have.  i'm not saying he doesn't have some ability, but i am saying that if he'd been given mcgruder's minutes, he'd have played like complete crap.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »
McGruder and Sutton camparos are hilarious and bad, like an episode of Friends if they played basketball.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »
don't think McGrud's is significantly more skilled offensively - he's just gotten a lot more opportunity (because of his defense/position).

you must have seen a different russell than i have.  i'm not saying he doesn't have some ability, but i am saying that if he'd been given mcgruder's minutes, he'd have played like complete crap.

I'm not suggesting he gets McGruder's minutes, I'm suggesting he gets Clemente's next year.  Based on McGruder's minutes, I think he would look like sh*t, also, if he was asked to handle the ball for a significant amount of time.

I think Russell would be fine if he played defense.  But he's barely played 100 minutes over 20 games.  Hard to be definitive based on that.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »
McGruder and Sutton camparos are hilarious and bad, like an episode of Friends if they played basketball.

<---- with New Clams on this

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 11:25:21 AM »
People I've never heard of:  Mike Evans, Chuckie Williams

People I've heard of:  Denis Clemente

Holy crap, dude.  You have some serious flaws in your EMAW.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »

The comparison comes from both playing SF.  Not that they are similar in skill sets, abilities, etc.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 11:36:55 AM »
I'm not suggesting he gets McGruder's minutes, I'm suggesting he gets Clemente's next year.  Based on McGruder's minutes, I think he would look like sh*t, also, if he was asked to handle the ball for a significant amount of time.

I think Russell would be fine if he played defense.  But he's barely played 100 minutes over 20 games.  Hard to be definitive based on that.

no one is talking about him getting clemente's minutes next year.  or at least no one has since the first three posts on the topic of mcgruder's minutes next year, when i set that up as a strawman.  certainly no one has ever suggested that mcgruder be given clemente's role.

and you did suggest that russell would perform well (at least offensively) if given mcgruder's minutes.  you suggest it here:

I don't think McGrud's is significantly more skilled offensively - he's just gotten a lot more opportunity (because of his defense/position).

while russell doesn't have much of sample size, in the minutes he has gotten, he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he'd be anything other than horrible with more minutes.  he's been spectacularly unproductive, and he hasn't looked good while doing so.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 11:40:01 AM »

new clams or old clams.  b/c new clams doesn't actually post anywhere, only pretends to.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 11:44:41 AM »

new clams or old clams.  b/c new clams doesn't actually post anywhere, only pretends to.

Whatever clams is smart enough not to compare McGru to QueSut.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 11:55:09 AM »
I'm not suggesting he gets McGruder's minutes, I'm suggesting he gets Clemente's next year.  Based on McGruder's minutes, I think he would look like sh*t, also, if he was asked to handle the ball for a significant amount of time.

I think Russell would be fine if he played defense.  But he's barely played 100 minutes over 20 games.  Hard to be definitive based on that.

no one is talking about him getting clemente's minutes next year.  or at least no one has since the first three posts on the topic of mcgruder's minutes next year, when i set that up as a strawman.  certainly no one has ever suggested that mcgruder be given clemente's role.

and you did suggest that russell would perform well (at least offensively) if given mcgruder's minutes.  you suggest it here:

I don't think McGrud's is significantly more skilled offensively - he's just gotten a lot more opportunity (because of his defense/position).

while russell doesn't have much of sample size, in the minutes he has gotten, he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he'd be anything other than horrible with more minutes.  he's been spectacularly unproductive, and he hasn't looked good while doing so.

I'm just looking at "skillsets" and ignoring numbers, bro.