Author Topic: Bold and Daring  (Read 1852 times)

Sugar Dick

Bold and Daring
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
I think we blowout UCLA at the Family Reunion II.  Game over at halftime!!!

:ksu: :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

The42Yardstick

Re: Bold and Daring
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 10:54:11 AM »
Thanks for the analysis, "Sugar" "Dick."

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »
Speaking of Bold and Daring -
Not only are K-State officials locked in a legal battle with their former football coach over a multimillion-dollar deal allegedly brokered in secret by former athletic director Bob Krause, but future football schedules negotiated under Prince's watch also could prove costly.

Prince's bold-and-daring approach to scheduling already has produced notable nonconference opponents such as Auburn, Louisville and UCLA — all of which beat the Wildcats, by the way — and it soon will offer additional brutes such as Miami, Oregon and Virginia Tech unless K-State can wiggle its way out of those games.

Many college football pundits suggested K-State was committing scheduling suicide at the time Prince announced those noncon matchups. Now, with the Wildcats set to face the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State every year under the Big 12's soon-to-be revamped format, such games look even deadlier.

Worse yet, K-State has it doubly tough during the nonconference in several years.

In 2011, for instance, K-State is scheduled to play Oregon on Sept. 3 in Manhattan before visiting Miami on Sept. 24. The following season, K-State is slated to meet those two powers again during the first eight days of September. And the situation isn't any better in 2014, as a trip to Virginia Tech is set for Sept. 6 and a home date with Auburn is penciled for Sept. 20.

Factor in the nine league games that would result from the Big 12's new round-robin schedule, and K-State would play 11 of its 12 games against teams from BCS power conferences each of those seasons.
                                                       :runaway:    :ohno:    :runaway:
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Sugar Dick

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »
Thanks for the analysis, "Sugar" "Dick."

No Problem

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 08:44:09 PM »
I hope we DONT get out of the schedules, we need these types of games.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »
Speaking of Bold and Daring -
Not only are K-State officials locked in a legal battle with their former football coach over a multimillion-dollar deal allegedly brokered in secret by former athletic director Bob Krause, but future football schedules negotiated under Prince's watch also could prove costly.

Prince's bold-and-daring approach to scheduling already has produced notable nonconference opponents such as Auburn, Louisville and UCLA — all of which beat the Wildcats, by the way — and it soon will offer additional brutes such as Miami, Oregon and Virginia Tech unless K-State can wiggle its way out of those games.

Many college football pundits suggested K-State was committing scheduling suicide at the time Prince announced those noncon matchups. Now, with the Wildcats set to face the likes of Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State every year under the Big 12's soon-to-be revamped format, such games look even deadlier.

Worse yet, K-State has it doubly tough during the nonconference in several years.

In 2011, for instance, K-State is scheduled to play Oregon on Sept. 3 in Manhattan before visiting Miami on Sept. 24. The following season, K-State is slated to meet those two powers again during the first eight days of September. And the situation isn't any better in 2014, as a trip to Virginia Tech is set for Sept. 6 and a home date with Auburn is penciled for Sept. 20.

Factor in the nine league games that would result from the Big 12's new round-robin schedule, and K-State would play 11 of its 12 games against teams from BCS power conferences each of those seasons.
                                                       :runaway:    :ohno:    :runaway:
:blindfold: :angry: bill can calm these waters right?  :bang:
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 08:54:49 PM »
Bowl games are over-rated anyway.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 09:02:42 PM »
next year could be real bad

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
next year could be real bad

Bad for our opponents.

Sams and Bryce in the backfield  :love:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »
like when we led atm 38-0 at half, and everyone was so pumped b4 halftime.  :excited:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 10:53:12 PM »
like when we led atm 38-0 at half, and everyone was so pumped b4 halftime.  :excited:

The only game I went to. This season? Will be attending UCLA @ Cats. Hopefully I'm the goodluck charm.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
I was still :ohno: at 38-0, up until Banksy started off 2nd half with a td