Author Topic: outsider view on kstate cat manhattan ks football 2010  (Read 1782 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
outsider view on kstate cat manhattan ks football 2010
« on: June 27, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »
ksu has been decimated. They only bring back 10 starters total. That QB Coffman sucks. That RB Thomas is a straight North-South runner which usually does not fare well against Will Muschamp's defenses. Their pass defense is pretty salty but by that time, we should hopefully have established our "new and improved" running game which is the ksu achilles' heal.

interesting. i hope he is wrong but it's tough to argue with that. i'm surprised we only bring back 10 starters. we really underachieved last year. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: outsider view on kstate cat manhattan ks football 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 12:11:18 AM »
They just can't stand the fact that they annually get stomped by the Cats in every CTR battle.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:18:21 AM »
They just can't stand the fact that they annually get stomped by the Cats in every CTR battle.

come on. can we plz have a serious ksu football convo? sheesh. i think it's interesting to get an outsiders take. kind of a "reality check"

i

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:24:56 AM »
Returning only 10 starters from a team that sucked ass seems rather more a feature than a bug to me.  :users: :blank: :flush:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 12:27:35 AM »
I'd rather see a preview from an Oklahoma State fan. They're more, say, "salt of the earth," if you will.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 04:28:39 AM »
"ksu has been decimated. They only bring back 10 starters total. That QB Coffman sucks. That RB Thomas is a straight North-South runner which usually does not fare well against Will Muschamp's defenses. Their pass defense is pretty salty but by that time, we should hopefully have established our "new and improved" running game which is the ksu achilles' heal."

p!ss poor analysis in my opinion. 

First of all while returning 10 starters total seems like legitimate concerns, however both wide receiver spots are uprgaded by new additions, the offensive line returns 4 of 5 starters and 2 other players with significant potential and experience, the backfield is upgraded by growth and development of both returning backs (not to mention that depth is better hubert, powell, robinson (assuming no rs) > Valentine.  QB is a question mark but Gregory while gutsy is not irreplaceable.

Defensively our pass defense and ability to generate a pass rush are two legitimate concerns for this defense plus two safeties are recovering from injury and two corners moved need to be replaced.  Run defense is at best questionable with major questions about front four rotation and linebacker play. 

also does "new and improved running game" mean that their quaterback didn't lead them in rushing? :facepalm:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 10:06:53 AM »
The Spring Prospectus says we return 15 starters, including 4 offensive lineman, albeit Aufner is hurt. 

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 10:07:17 AM »
Returning starters is always deceiving. I count 13, 15 if you include kicker, punter.
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 10:08:28 AM »
The Spring Prospectus says we return 15 starters, including 4 offensive lineman, albeit Aufner is hurt.  

I never read the new replies since I started reading the thread.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:10:59 AM by HugeUpside »
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 10:44:54 AM »
Although we return nobody on the DL:  we add like 300lbs to the front 4 and Harold is back.  Obviously that part of our defense is going to be better.

Don't understand the "pass defense is salty" comment.  Our secondary sucks dick.  Snyd's always had really good LB's so I assume that position will be better, but there are no facts supporting that blind hope.

UT fans are elitists, and live in a bubble.  Apparently they can read shitty conference coverage and bless it as gospel when making their own analysis.  This dude obviously picked up the Amarillo Armadillo and read the college beat writers "run down" or "preview" of the conference when he decided that we were "decimated" and only return "10 starters", the core of his analysis.   :flush: 

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »
i dont think the secondary sucked, but keeping your guy covered while the dl an lb's get pushed around for 5-10 seconds of every play is hard to do.  there was no pass rush last season