Author Topic: Props to Lew and Mark Mangino . . .  (Read 6361 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Props to Lew and Mark Mangino . . .
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »

They did this:

8 years

50-48

19-21 vs the Big 12 North

4-16 vs the South including exactly 0 wins against OU, Texas and Texas Tech.

2-18 vs Final Top 25 teams.

1 winning record against a Big 12 opponent . . . Iowa State.

ZERO non conference games against Final Top 25 teams.

2 Full Seasons playing exactly 1 regular season game against a Final Top 25 team . . . and they went 12-7. 

. . . and managed to convince Tardville they have hope in football.   To bad they framed one of the geniuses who pulled this off and fired him.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Props to Lew and Mark Mangino . . .
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:49:58 PM »
How much did Lew and Mark get paid for that feat?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
How much did Lew and Mark get paid for that feat?

A lot and they deserved every penny.   

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 10:36:06 PM »
Tens of millions

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:44:07 PM »
Props to Dax.
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 04:09:48 AM »
KU went 19-16 vs. the North since Lew took over in '03.  Dax conveniently blames Mangino for his first year in the program when he took over Terry Allen's f*ck up.  Of all the Big 12 North teams, KU is the only team to play in a BCS bowl.   

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 05:39:45 AM »
Of all the Big 12 North teams, KU is the only team to play in a BCS bowl.   

:jerk:

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
KU went 19-16 vs. the North since Lew took over in '03.  Dax conveniently blames Mangino for his first year in the program when he took over Terry Allen's f*ck up.  Of all the Big 12 North teams, KU is the only team to play in a BCS bowl.   
:facepalm:

"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline Lamesauce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 08:39:19 AM »

:lol:  Why does this guy even try to talk football?   :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 08:48:57 AM »
That is impressive, 3 games above .500 (Lew and beyond) playing primarily against college coaching icons Ron Prince, Bill Callahan, Gene Chizik and Dan Hawkins, and playing 4 whole games against Big 12 North teams that finished in the Top 25 over a 7 year period.

Just as a comparison . . . Terry Allen's teams played 10 games against Final Top 25 North teams over a 5 year period.   Allen coached every K-State game against LHC Bill Snyder, every CU game vs Rick Neuheisel/Gary Barnett, and every NU game vs Tom Osborne/Frank Solich (who Nebraska should have never fired).  

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 11:25:25 AM »

This just shows right here that ku fans didn't know what football was until 08.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »

You are making his point professor dummie.  The North sucked since Lew took over and uk barely kept their head above water at 3 games over .500.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »

Bowl Alliance doesn't equal BCS.  Sorry.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 04:20:15 PM »

Why not?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »

Is this a joke?  If you try real hard I bet you can find another Big XII north team to play in a BCS bowl since Lew took over in '03.  I know you can do it.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »

Is this a joke?  If you try real hard I bet you can find another Big XII north team to play in a BCS bowl since Lew took over in '03.  I know you can do it.

The Fiesta Bowl wasn't a BCS Bowl at the time K-State played in it, but I'll give you guys a break. 

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »
KU went 19-16 vs. the North since Lew took over in '03.  Dax conveniently blames Mangino for his first year in the program when he took over Terry Allen's f*ck up.  Of all the Big 12 North teams, KU is the only team to play in a BCS bowl.  

Bowl Alliance doesn't equal BCS.  Sorry.

Is this a joke?  If you try real hard I bet you can find another Big XII north team to play in a BCS bowl since Lew took over in '03.  I know you can do it.

The Fiesta Bowl wasn't a BCS Bowl at the time K-State played in it, but I'll give you guys a break.  

Correct. It was an Alliance bowl, which is just as prestigious as a BCS bowl.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:14:02 AM by PowercatPat »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »
That is impressive, 3 games above .500 (Lew and beyond) playing primarily against college coaching icons Ron Prince, Bill Callahan, Gene Chizik and Dan Hawkins, and playing 4 whole games against Big 12 North teams that finished in the Top 25 over a 7 year period.

Just as a comparison . . . Terry Allen's teams played 10 games against Final Top 25 North teams over a 5 year period.   Allen coached every K-State game against LHC Bill Snyder, every CU game vs Rick Neuheisel/Gary Barnett, and every NU game vs Tom Osborne/Frank Solich (who Nebraska should have never fired).  

So you expect KU fans to apologize for having a winning record vs. the North over the past several years?  Nice.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 05:16:59 PM »

So you expect KU fans to apologize for having a winning record vs. the North over the past several years?  Nice.

Not in the least Kid Meltdown . . . the general tenor of this thread is to congratulate Lew and the framed and fired Mangino.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 05:39:27 PM »

:facepalm:  I can't believe this thread is still going.  Kansas State won the Big XII Championship in 2003 and played against Ohio State in the 2004 Fiesta Bowl.  A BCS Bowl.  

Wow.  Just wow.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »
Mother of god, beems.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 06:26:59 PM »
CU and NU both played in BCS bowls in 2001.

Offline Fitz Bath

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »
KU went 19-16 vs. the North since Lew took over in '03.  Dax conveniently blames Mangino for his first year in the program when he took over Terry Allen's f*ck up.  Of all the Big 12 North teams, KU is the only team to play in a BCS bowl.  

Bowl Alliance doesn't equal BCS.  Sorry.

Is this a joke?  If you try real hard I bet you can find another Big XII north team to play in a BCS bowl since Lew took over in '03.  I know you can do it.

The Fiesta Bowl, Part of the BCS since 1998, takes the Big 12 champion. K-State won the Big 12 in 2003. You are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:49:31 PM by Fitz Bath »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
2 Alliance Bowls appearances for my cats?!

:surprised:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fitz Bath

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »

Correct. The Bowl Alliance. Which only consisted of three bowl games, making it much tougher to get into than the watered-down BCS and their five games. Had KU had an identical 2007 record/schedule pre-BCS, they might have snuck into the Cotton Bowl, maybe the Holiday.