Author Topic: Cats vs Bears: Polar Vortex Edition  (Read 2988 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: Cats vs Bears: Polar Vortex Edition
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2024, 09:37:55 PM »
I bought tickets for the KU game next month early on, gonna be rough ridin' rocking

I don't think they are built for the road, or that game (ku). Okie State is very bad so not counting that
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2024, 09:39:43 PM »
Hey Scott Drew - your team is down by 2 in a game your have no business losing based on talent, you're 5 for eleventy billion on 3s this game, shooting close to 50 percent on 2s, absolutely destroying the other team o-rebounding, killing them damn near every time you drive in the lane and the other team's best player and perimeter defender already fouled out.

Whatcha gonna do on your last major possession? Not gonna use either of your timeouts and let your guys jack up another 3?

Okay!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2024, 09:47:09 PM »
stole this win, thanks refs and luck

The 'cats get all the calls. It's shameful.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2024, 09:49:28 PM »
Tang likes winning in OT almost as much as he likes singing and dancing in our student section.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2024, 09:50:10 PM »
I'm still in shock that he single handedly eliminated the "eff KU" chant.

I was in Dallas for the big12 (football )championship last year and it was being enthusiastically chanted to any random song in the bars after we won.

1 year later and our basketball has completely eliminated it from sandstorm and we don't even rush the floor after beating a top 10 team at home.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2024, 09:50:41 PM »
I gave up on this game about 5 times.  Glad the Tang Gang never gave up!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2024, 10:07:41 PM »
What an absolute smash and grab theft that we just pulled off. No idea how that happened.
Crowd intimidating Baylor to 9-19 from the line was big.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2024, 10:10:31 PM »
I gave up on this game about 5 times.  Glad the Tang Gang never gave up!
i did too

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2024, 10:10:52 PM »
What an absolute smash and grab theft that we just pulled off. No idea how that happened.
Crowd intimidating Baylor to 9-19 from the line was big.

Free breadsticks is a hell of a carrot.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2024, 10:42:02 PM »
Just got back from a freaking fun night at the 'gon.

So happy for Coach Tang and proud of the team for gutting out the win despite not doing all the things they needed to do to win.

We really need to to run more efficient half court offense. Dribbling out the shot clock only to have Perry take a stepback three with a 6'5" guy in his face is terrible offense. Cam and Kaluma are capable of slashing to the basket. Got to run offense where all five guys are a somewhat credible threat to score.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2024, 11:16:21 PM »

So happy for Coach Tang and proud of the team for gutting out the win despite not doing all the things they needed to do to win.

We really need to to run more efficient half court offense. Dribbling out the shot clock only to have Perry take a stepback three with a 6'5" guy in his face is terrible offense. Cam and Kaluma are capable of slashing to the basket. Got to run offense where all five guys are a somewhat credible threat to score.
Rate the crowd. On the tube, it sounded insame at times and one of better ones in recent years, certainly for a non-KU crowd on a weeknight.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2024, 11:18:11 PM »

The best part of this win was we basically played like crap for most of the game and still beat the #9 team in the country.

go katz

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2024, 12:29:32 AM »

Rate the crowd. On the tube, it sounded insame at times and one of better ones in recent years, certainly for a non-KU crowd on a weeknight.
6.5/10

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2024, 06:54:55 AM »

The best part of this win was we basically played like crap for most of the game and still beat the #9 team in the country.

go katz
We played like crap on the offensive end but were scrappy and effective on defense. Since they started to gel in December, the Cats have become a damn good defensive team. It's an area they are better than last year.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2024, 07:16:23 AM »
This was a game we needed two bodies that we don't have anymore  :frown: . . . if we had them, we don't sweat this one out at all.  Like cruise city . . .

Glad we were able to gut this one out.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2024, 08:09:29 AM »

I haven't been to a conference game in the OOD for over ten years. Best atmosphere I have experienced in the OOD. Slightly more energy than the Villanova game I was at last month. Not the sustained level of energy you would get for a KU game or Saturday conference game. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2024, 08:18:30 AM »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2024, 08:28:55 AM »

go katz

not sure what sort of faustian bargain was struck in exchange for us digging this one out but, I'll take it!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2024, 09:22:42 AM »
Best atmosphere I've been a part of outside of a KU game. And that's with Drew calling a timeout everytime the crowd was getting involved, a la Self using all his timeouts in like, the first half during the game during Pullen's senior season.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2024, 10:20:22 AM »
I wasn't there, and it has been 13 years, but the win over Texas was the loudest I've ever heard the place (non-KU).

JANUARY 18, 2010 — 71-62 OVER NO. 1 TEXAS

Pete and I had a vuvuzela in Sec. 17.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2024, 10:32:27 AM »
I wasn't there, and it has been 13 years, but the win over Texas was the loudest I've ever heard the place (non-KU).

That was a great game, I think I was able to get in the 6th row of the student section
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2024, 01:15:19 PM »
i said earlier in this thread that we stole the win but i’m not going to let baylor off of the hook because we won.   after the second half that they played, they certainly didn’t deserve the dub.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2024, 02:02:44 PM »

That was a great game, I think I was able to get in the 6th row of the student section

I court stormed, stepped on a folding chair, it folded, I went down in the storm.  Struggled to my feet and ran right into weird robert.  This is all on a hilarious iphone video