Author Topic: Dry Jan  (Read 3939 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Dry Jan
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2024, 12:44:19 PM »
let's call it a "dry at home" january, so no drinking at home. had gotten into a good rhythm of having a scotch or two each night through the holidays. will have some beers at the chiefs game this weekend and also on a three-day trip later this month. other than that, nothing!

You suave son of a bitch.  Macallan 12?  Glenlivet?  I got a bottle of Glenlivet Founder's Reserve for a gift but haven't cracked it yet. :lick:

And agree with you and Mcat that not having one at home is probably a tad tougher than going out and not having one.  Still dry as well.

i've had Laphroaig basic (yr??), Laphroaig 10, Islay Gold 10, and now a Benriach 10 that I'm really liking.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2024, 12:52:11 PM »
guys this is dry jan not try and impress everyone with made up words jan

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2024, 01:34:04 PM »
you'd think that teetotaling clarity would lead to better decision making, but i witnessed someone actually purchasing a six pack of n/a QUIRK at the grocery store over the weekend.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2024, 03:05:08 PM »
Guys does weed count in the dry/damp January equation?  Asking for a friend...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2024, 03:06:02 PM »
Guys does weed count in the dry/damp January equation?  Asking for a friend...

That's called a California Dry January.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2024, 03:28:52 PM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2024, 03:34:27 PM »
looks like those of you drinking fake beers will have to put them down this january.  NO BUZZING OF ANY SORT IS ALLOWED IN DRY JAN!

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2024, 05:01:47 PM »
I don’t understand the point.  I haven’t had a drink in January but I’m sure I will at some point. Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2024, 06:35:02 PM »
seems relevant:

https://x.com/Slate/status/1744168555812159611
this seems like horse hockey.. last season at a friends tailgate I forgot to bring any libations so he was like it's no big deal just grab whatever from the cooler. After the 4th Busch Latte I noticed I had 0 buzz at all. I DID NOT NOTICE IT WAS NA until some old fart came back at half and asked who had been smoking through his beers!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2024, 07:17:41 PM »
I don’t understand the point.  I haven’t had a drink in January but I’m sure I will at some point. Maybe.

What's the point of anything?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Dry Jan
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2024, 07:20:31 PM »
It’s like you people don’t even care about your local booze salesman as he is trying to pay the credit card bill from Christmas for the family.
:adios:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2024, 07:51:56 PM »
It’s like you people don’t even care about your local booze salesman as he is trying to pay the credit card bill from Christmas for the family.
I've honestly thought of this, I wonder if they have to budget a bigger loss every year. A local brewery had an IG post highlighting their NA offerings so I'm assuming quite a few of them feel it

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2024, 08:03:32 PM »
Seedlip is expensive as crap, they'll be ok

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2024, 08:07:29 PM »
After a month of binging through the holiday, they'll be just fine.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2024, 08:52:41 PM »
I've honestly thought of this, I wonder if they have to budget a bigger loss every year. A local brewery had an IG post highlighting their NA offerings so I'm assuming quite a few of them feel it
I had the exact same thought when a local brewery did the same thing here. I think dry January is a bit rough on them, but probably like 80% of dry January-ers will probably just binge in February so maybe it makes up for itself a bit.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2024, 11:23:52 PM »
Your local booze salesman has non-alcs in his portfolio and they're on program in January  :peek:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2024, 06:10:27 PM »
Other neighbor almost had me cave for a cool crispy tall boy in his side by side tonight. That was a tough one to say no to

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2024, 08:51:46 AM »
Haven't heard from meow meow in awhile?  :ohno:

If I get through the game without having a little bourbon, I'll be good for another week.  :driving:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2024, 12:03:32 PM »
I'm still going strong. I think the biggest takeaway moving forward is I will probably drink way less at restaurants. I was often downing a couple drinks at every restaurant meal and I definitely don't miss that most times.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2024, 01:59:32 PM »
I'm still going strong. I think the biggest takeaway moving forward is I will probably drink way less at restaurants. I was often downing a couple drinks at every restaurant meal and I definitely don't miss that most times.

Take your former drink money and stash it in an envelope and after a year you will be able to finally buy an iPhone!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2024, 05:30:09 PM »
Had dinner and game night with my dad, bro bro and his fam last night. It's kind of fun to be the only sober one sometimes. Even sipped on a decaf coffee.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2024, 10:03:40 AM »
dry jan is still going strong.  this thing is kinda pud city, really.  i think this extreme crap weather is actually helping.  probably would have went to a friends to watch the chiefs saturday, instead stayed home.  did have my brother come over for a bit friday night and he had a few beers, but no problem. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2024, 10:14:49 AM »

Take your former drink money and stash it in an envelope and after a year you will be able to finally buy an iPhone!

When Rusty texts me, it literally enrages me.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2024, 10:25:25 AM »

When Rusty texts me, it literally enrages me.
:frown:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2024, 10:36:34 AM »
This weekend was really tough, but honestly glad I didn't, not just cause dry Jan but I woke up Saturday morning feeling like I got hit by a truck. I slept so much and I think the cold up here (-30F with wind chill in the -60F) just made my body I think break down a bit.

I wouldn't call it pud, but I can see this week being probably the easiest now that it's been a while.

Biggest lesson so far, keeping it to the weekends is the key after all this done.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla