Author Topic: Chicago State game thread  (Read 2043 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago State game thread
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2024, 12:44:14 PM »
We need quad 1 wins and the schedule presents a lot of opportunity.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2024, 09:27:29 PM »
TP is the closest thing we have to a PG, it's going to have to be his role. He is still getting up 11 shots a game while leading the team in assists by a wide margin.

TPs problem isn't that he's a bad point guard, the issue is that he can't get himself a shot and if he's playing the point, that's less shots for him and more energy devoted to getting shots for others.

He's already getting off 11 FGA per game, how many more do you think he should be taking? Looks like The Flush, Quis, and Hot Rod were in the 12 range.  I see Dai Dai getting more minutes equaling more quality shots around the rim for our bigs with his ability to penetrate.
for tp, it’s not the number of shots, it’s where the shots are coming from.  he wants to be fed, not create. 

it’s disappointing that we’re in this position, way too heavy at the two.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2024, 11:42:47 AM »
TP is the closest thing we have to a PG, it's going to have to be his role. He is still getting up 11 shots a game while leading the team in assists by a wide margin.

TPs problem isn't that he's a bad point guard, the issue is that he can't get himself a shot and if he's playing the point, that's less shots for him and more energy devoted to getting shots for others.

He's already getting off 11 FGA per game, how many more do you think he should be taking? Looks like The Flush, Quis, and Hot Rod were in the 12 range.  I see Dai Dai getting more minutes equaling more quality shots around the rim for our bigs with his ability to penetrate.

I'd like him to get less late shot clock looks and fewer guarded shots. We need someone able to get to the middle of the defense to loosen the perimeter d up a bit. Kaluma does a good job getting into the paint but he usually isn't drawing attention help from guards and even if he did he can't be trusted to find the open guard without turning it over.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2024, 01:29:06 PM »
If you look at his film from last year, Perry was hitting 3s on the move and covered. Suddenly, he can't make open 3s consistently and rarely thinks of creating his own shot (Nova game winner being notable exception). Tang got on him against Chi St when he passed on a late three and let the time clock expire. He's mindfucked himself. If he rediscovers his confidence, our offense would look a lot better.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2024, 02:41:12 PM »
He seems to have a slower shot than most shooting guards. Pair that with what are most likely faster, longer, and taller athletes at this level, and it seems like a no brainer that he is t getting those shots.

If we could camp him at the wing and had either a good driving pg or a dominant tradition big, he would eat.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2024, 02:57:17 PM »
Well we don't have either of those
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile