Author Topic: November 18, 2023  (Read 9472 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: November 18, 2023
« Reply #450 on: November 20, 2023, 05:07:58 AM »
Bro is in his feelings and no one is even talking crap

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 20, 2023, 07:40:29 AM »
Gobbling up hawk tears like a muffed punt return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 20, 2023, 07:49:20 AM »
I have a few sources close to Vanier and they mentioned we were prepping for Farmageddon all week leading up to the game.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 20, 2023, 08:55:35 AM »
Lance/koteniki should be put in jail for only giving Neal 19 touches.

If there was ever a game to give that guy 35+ carries, it’s probably that game.  He’s the best RB in the conference, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 20, 2023, 09:05:14 AM »
Neal is a pro 

Hope he leaves!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 20, 2023, 09:05:50 AM »
K-State brings a C game, still wins.

K-State adjusts earlier on defense, with an emphasis from HCCK that we "finally" adjusted and then held them scoreless and to 75 yards of offense.  If K-State doesn't get road game Colin Kleiningham and the mysterious personnel and play calling for  a quarter or more, that game would have been over by the start of the 4th qtr with a lot less drama.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 20, 2023, 09:06:13 AM »

If there was ever a game to give that guy 35+ carries, it’s probably that game.  He’s the best RB in the conference, imo.

The dude wanted to be a Cat. This was his moment. If he would've went for 250+ all purpose maybe it would've got Pete Hughes fired.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 20, 2023, 09:12:14 AM »
Yeah gang, it’s been a little over 24 hours since you beat your in state rival. Quit talking about it on your own fan forum. Do like the guy who has been talking crap for weeks and just shut up about it already. Jesus Sprac, take a lap. You get so salty about football.

It was a fun build up to a good game. Lived up to its billing (presented by Dillons). One team fell just short, in comical fashion. Sometimes it be that way. Live, laugh, love folks. I have a lot of irl friends on this board, and I let them rib me about the game. I do not believe, sir, that you've earned the right to tell me how or where to comport myself. This game told me exactly where we were. I was disappointed in the outcome, but the World keeps spinning.
Christ, just take the L.

I’m kidding. Youre a good dude, but you do get extra salty for football.

This isn't entirely his fault.  He's been coddled by many  "goEMAW" family.  It's always about the upbringing.  I for one would have grounded him for 3 days from coming to this board after the game but he is now spoiled and we are seeing the ramifications for that poor upbringing.. :cyclist:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 20, 2023, 09:36:54 AM »

Definitely.  Hishaw is probably a B12 starting caliber back but Neal is special. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 20, 2023, 09:46:10 AM »

Did you notice, after the first drive, how tentative our linebackers and DBs were when they were one-on-one with him? They were so scared of being put in a blender, rightly so, that they stopped attacking him to make tackles, and instead were reacting to his first step. This essentially allowed him to get a minimum of 4 yards, every time he touched it. If a d lineman didn't get a hand on him, he was getting a good gain.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 20, 2023, 09:59:02 AM »
I noticed earlier comments on this board about Lance Lightpole being a whining crybaby, but I guess I didn't take them seriously....until Saturday night.  Good gawd, if that guy spent half as much time coaching as he did whining to the refs, I think KU would have played a better game.  Where did he think he was, in Allen Field House?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 20, 2023, 10:04:19 AM »
It's second only to Sonny Dykes at TCU

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 20, 2023, 10:12:52 AM »
KU friends going nuts about the blocked XP. They think it was illegal when it was actually by the book. It was awesome.

Hopefully they start to understand football rules through the years, but maybe they're just so used to AFH and Leipold screaming about every call, it'll always be their natural instinct.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 20, 2023, 10:20:13 AM »
Hearing numerous reports of KU people needing to have the 2pt play sitch explained to them . . . not gE'ing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 20, 2023, 10:24:47 AM »
Happy that while K-State brought its C game and started a (former) walk-on at TE, and a true frosh at LB (yet) still managed to win a game on the road against an opponent playing their Super Bowl.

#15straight

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 20, 2023, 12:32:55 PM »
Did you notice, after the first drive, how tentative our linebackers and DBs were when they were one-on-one with him? They were so scared of being put in a blender, rightly so, that they stopped attacking him to make tackles, and instead were reacting to his first step. This essentially allowed him to get a minimum of 4 yards, every time he touched it. If a d lineman didn't get a hand on him, he was getting a good gain.
Yep. He's damn good. I'll be eager to see whether he leaves for the NFL after this year.  Hope so. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 20, 2023, 01:08:33 PM »
Thanks Pete Hughes . . .

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 20, 2023, 01:11:13 PM »
Yep. He's damn good. I'll be eager to see whether he leaves for the NFL after this year.  Hope so.
You'd think KU would be able to pay him enough NIL money to where he could stick around if he wanted to.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 20, 2023, 01:16:58 PM »
You'd think KU would be able to pay him enough NIL money to where he could stick around if he wanted to.

He's making a good amount of money. I personally believe he'll come back next year rather than be a late round/UDFA type. He's an elite college RB, but we all know how devalued the NFL RB market is. As with all things, of course, I need to acknowledge my biases, here.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 20, 2023, 01:19:44 PM »

He's making a good amount of money. I personally believe he'll come back next year rather than be a late round/UDFA type. He's an elite college RB, but we all know how devalued the NFL RB market is. As with all things, of course, I need to acknowledge my biases, here.
Yep, was no gEing on this end. RB's are what they are, he's a stud though.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 20, 2023, 01:21:52 PM »
I hope he stays and loses to the cats twice next year  :tsc:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 20, 2023, 01:23:29 PM »

I doubt it. In 2023 the last RB in the 3rd round signed a $5.5 million contract, $1 million guaranteed. Bijan Robinson signed a $22 million contract, fully guaranteed. Even if the money is even, I don't know too many running backs who are going to waste carries in college, they have to get to that second contract as soon as possible.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 20, 2023, 04:36:26 PM »

I doubt it. In 2023 the last RB in the 3rd round signed a $5.5 million contract, $1 million guaranteed. Bijan Robinson signed a $22 million contract, fully guaranteed. Even if the money is even, I don't know too many running backs who are going to waste carries in college, they have to get to that second contract as soon as possible.

There's also the chance of the one hit that can put an end to any dream of NFL money. All and all, just not worth it. Howevertheless, I suspect squawks will find a worth replacement.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 20, 2023, 05:06:28 PM »
DEVIN NEAL GO PRO NOW BITCH!

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2023, 05:09:42 PM »
I still want to slap the taste out of Pete Hughes mouth over Neal.  He played 7 rough ridin' games for KU BB and then quit.