Author Topic: appliance talk  (Read 1830 times)

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: appliance talk
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2023, 07:53:03 AM »
Have an appliance guy out next week.  The handle on right sigh of range door came free and smash into oved door external glass and spiderwebbed it.  In addition, all my burners on cooktop are burning at rocket booster level and one of my igniters for a burner is doing the clicking to infinity thing even after lit.

Appliances, man.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2023, 06:41:52 PM »
i’ve got an absolute banger of an appliance story from earlier this week, ask me about it sometime

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2023, 07:38:47 PM »
hey pissclams, do you know any recent appliance stories?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2023, 08:14:29 PM »
I'm also interested in @pissclams appliance story. Like, REALLY interested.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
appliance talk
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2023, 09:33:57 PM »
buckle up boys.  our dishwasher hasn’t been cleaning dishes very well.

well, mrs clams thinks the dishwasher doubles as a garbage disposal and barely rinses her dishes before loading them into the dishwasher.  i’ve tried telling her that she needs to rinse the food off of the dishes but she’s convinced i’m a mongloid and none of that rinse nonsense is important.

there’s two filters in our kitchenaid dishwasher, but they can only catch so much food before the pieces start clogging up the spray jets.  i’ve taken the spray arms apart and cleaned the food out of the jets with toothpicks. 

she also puts approximately 2x the amount of dishes into the dishwasher every load.  despite me telling her that we need to do more loads of less dishes.

finally, she bought these large plates that stop the middle spray arm from spinning fully around because she lowered the top drawer down so she could fit her many tall travel coffee cups into that drawer.  i explained that there’s only two spray arms in the dishwasher and if one is stuck, we’re reducing the efficiency of the machine by 50%, she reasoned that the plates weren’t in the way, despite me showing her that they obviously were stopping the spray arm from spinning all the way around.

so i’m like ok let’s call a repair guy to come check on the machine and I schedule him to come on tuesday while she’s at work.  he’s here for about five minutes, testing everything and he’s like, your machine is in perfect working order.  i tell him that I know that, and then give him basically everything that i’ve told you guys in this post and that I was paying him that day to write down on his appliance repair invoice that dishes need to be rinsed, the washer was overloaded, and the top drawer needed to be raised.  he did as he was told and he left, I went back to work, leaving the invoice (w/instructions on how to use a dishwasher, something most learn in 3rd grade) on the kitchen island.

she got home and reviewed his analysis and now does the crap right.  i’ve not said a word except go cats.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 09:41:20 PM by pissclams »

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2023, 09:36:42 PM »
#appliancetalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2023, 09:41:57 PM »
#lazyloader

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2023, 09:43:05 PM »
That is a boss move right there.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2023, 11:36:23 PM »
mrs clams sounds like a real bad person.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2023, 07:17:02 AM »
Have you considered kicking her ass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2023, 07:48:35 AM »
This is some very high level domestic partnering being done by clams.

I admit that when I first saw the length of the post I was like “Oh man, clams is going to drop his famous hard hitting appliance feedback on us!”

Then, I read the first sentence and was like “OK, this might need to be moved to the handyman or home maintenance thread, but might as well read this bitch while I am here, and just move it after I am done.”

But damn, then I read another paragraph and I was all “eff, my boy clams sounds like he maybe got in over his head with this domestic partnership, I fear the remainder of this missive could be disastrous for ol’ clams.”

Luckily, I had the courage and strength of character to keep reading…for what we learned was neither disaster nor dismay, and rather the wisdom of a mother rough ridin' silver back skillfully keeping the troop in harmony whilst enforcing order.

God works in mysterious ways.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2023, 03:09:12 PM »
I got the full suite of LG stuff. Been happy with the LG stuff so far. Fridge has the craft ice and regular ice, plus the window thing on the door that you knock on to see your beer. It’s a dual oven in the same space as a regular slide-in one would be.

When we remodeled our kitchen i think we were going to go w/ a samsung suite but their definition of fingerprint proof or smudge proof or w/e was laughable so we went w/ LG.

costco is where it’s at for appliances

i ended up ordering all lg stuff, from costco.  thanks to all who contributed helpful advice.

happily the supply chain problems seem to be worked out these days; i actually paid less than i was anticipating, which hasn't happened on much over the last three years.

i decided on a counter depth fridge, which i expect i'll regret almost as soon as i get it, but costco anticipated my fears and were giving away a free baby fridge with the counter depth fridge, so i decided to give it a try.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2023, 03:51:35 PM »
I got the full suite of LG stuff. Been happy with the LG stuff so far. Fridge has the craft ice and regular ice, plus the window thing on the door that you knock on to see your beer. It’s a dual oven in the same space as a regular slide-in one would be.

When we remodeled our kitchen i think we were going to go w/ a samsung suite but their definition of fingerprint proof or smudge proof or w/e was laughable so we went w/ LG.

costco is where it’s at for appliances

i ended up ordering all lg stuff, from costco.  thanks to all who contributed helpful advice.

happily the supply chain problems seem to be worked out these days; i actually paid less than i was anticipating, which hasn't happened on much over the last three years.

i decided on a counter depth fridge, which i expect i'll regret almost as soon as i get it, but costco anticipated my fears and were giving away a free baby fridge with the counter depth fridge, so i decided to give it a try.
we bought the counter depth ge refrigerator from costco and it keeps things cold

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2023, 04:25:57 PM »
we bought the counter depth ge refrigerator from costco and it keeps things cold

not enough things is the fear.  we keep a full fridge in the sys household.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2023, 04:44:32 PM »
Clams— dishwasher question. If the dishwasher is leaking water can I fix it or do I need to call a guy out? Call an appliance guy?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2023, 04:46:56 PM »
Very happy I went with counter depth but I have a unique layout where every inch saved by counter depth directly adds an inch to an important walkway, and gives more space to be looking into or loading up the fridge. No space issues yet, but you have to be more thoughtful/tetris-y with the freezer.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2023, 08:15:09 PM »
Clams— dishwasher question. If the dishwasher is leaking water can I fix it or do I need to call a guy out? Call an appliance guy?
call the man

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2023, 08:56:36 PM »

not enough things is the fear.  we keep a full fridge in the sys household.
Time to setup a garage fridge.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2023, 12:29:27 AM »
yeah, i think i'm going to move the old fridge out back by the grill instead of getting rid of it.  we'll have more refrigerators than people in this house (america, eff yeah).

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2023, 04:42:06 PM »

Where from? mine leaked out the front and I'm pretty sure it was just the door gasket that is like super easy to replace (per youtube) but I hated it anyways so I just ripped it out and when for the quality Bosch.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2023, 06:51:14 PM »
Random question....You know that area where you put the detergent on the door of the dishwasher when you wash the dishes? You put the detergent in then close the flap but somehow when the dishes are clean the flap is open and the detergent is gone. How does this happen?

Are there elves in my dishwasher that open it at the right time?

Science?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2023, 06:58:20 PM »
Random question....You know that area where you put the detergent on the door of the dishwasher when you wash the dishes? You put the detergent in then close the flap but somehow when the dishes are clean the flap is open and the detergent is gone. How does this happen?

Science?

It's programmed to open at a certain time.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2023, 08:14:57 PM »

Science?

It's programmed to open at a certain time.

Correct
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2023, 06:16:06 PM »
I just throw the little packs in the bottom. Magically works the same.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2023, 08:26:30 PM »
take it to the studette things thread.
we have a double wall oven and the wife replaced one of the heating elements that went out before I got home.
"was easy it was just a couple of bolts and one wire, I just had to turn the breaker off first"