Author Topic: Funny things from UCF 2023  (Read 3713 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Funny things from UCF 2023
« on: September 25, 2023, 01:43:09 PM »
Didn't see a game thread or anything so decided to start a new one.

-Timmy McClain!  Who is this man of mystery that just refuses to throw the ball out of bounds?  About to be sacked in the first quarter?  YOLO moonshot ball that's miraculously caught to convert a third and forever.  About to be sacked in the second quarter?  YOLO pass directly to Jacob Parrish.  About to be sacked in the fourth quarter?  Sprint backwards and get sacked anyway.  I love him.

Over the off-season, I think 247 or Athlon or something had one of those "Anonymous Big 12 coach speaks out!" articles where a coach talks about other teams/programs.  I love those.  Anyway, they were talking about Donavan Smith, the Tech qb who now is at I think Houston.  The coach said something to the effect of "Yeah Donavan Smith is a 'band player.'  Every time he touches the ball, one of the bands is going to have a reason to play something."  Great phrase I'd never heard before, but yes.  Donavan Smith? Band player.  Timmy McClain?  Band player.  I love Donavan Smith too fwiw.

-How about that catch Seth Porter made when we were driving before halftime.  :lol: I've never seen anyone sprint to the sideline faster than that.  It was so funny.

-Chris Tennant's kicks were insane.  Who knows.

-How about that punt we had in the second quarter where Gus was drawing up some weirdo trick play where they send one guy to the other side of the field who looked like he was looking to field the ball?  But then the punt landed on the other side of the field where nobody was?  Can't say I've seen that before.

What were some of YOUR favorite moments from this last week's contest, Wildcats Nation?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Funny things from UCF 2023
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 02:13:32 PM »
I can't remember the last time I've seen a team in person that has they kind of speed they have at QB, RB, and WR. Their lines are complete crap. My guess is this is what Colorado looks like in person.

I have seen that type of trick punt return before. We got very lucky that Blumer had a rare good punt. If he had his normal punt we would have been cooked because the unit was absolutely confused. The only person who knew what was going on was the last one who you would think would know what the flight of the punt was and that was Plattner. The big  poin punt allowed him to get down the field and he made a hell of an open field tackle.

That corn eating contest was rough ridin' foul and I wouldn't do that crap in public for some shitty east side club seats.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 02:16:42 PM »
That corn eating contest was rough ridin' foul and I wouldn't do that crap in public for some shitty east side club seats.
I love the corn eating contest.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 02:31:38 PM »
I loled very hard at the Corn Eating Contest.

I think the Defense looked faster without Daniel Green on the field  :Wha:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 02:39:28 PM »
I liked that Willie played Rock/Scissors/Paper with the Golden Knight mascot pregame.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2023, 02:41:19 PM »
Is there video of this corn eating contest? I didn't get to watch the game because they were playing in the same time slot as KU/BYU.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 02:47:09 PM »
Is there video of this corn eating contest? I didn't get to watch the game because they were playing in the same time slot as KU/BYU.

Is this some kind of bait?  Games were over an hour apart.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 02:50:40 PM »

Is this some kind of bait?  Games were over an hour apart.

What were the game times? It's quite possible I'm wrong. It was a weird Saturday, as I had to get up at 7 a.m. to go to the DMV. Was pretty tired all day.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 03:23:31 PM »
Didn't see a game thread or anything so decided to start a new one.

-Timmy McClain!  Who is this man of mystery that just refuses to throw the ball out of bounds?  About to be sacked in the first quarter?  YOLO moonshot ball that's miraculously caught to convert a third and forever.  About to be sacked in the second quarter?  YOLO pass directly to Jacob Parrish.  About to be sacked in the fourth quarter?  Sprint backwards and get sacked anyway.  I love him.

Over the off-season, I think 247 or Athlon or something had one of those "Anonymous Big 12 coach speaks out!" articles where a coach talks about other teams/programs.  I love those.  Anyway, they were talking about Donavan Smith, the Tech qb who now is at I think Houston.  The coach said something to the effect of "Yeah Donavan Smith is a 'band player.'  Every time he touches the ball, one of the bands is going to have a reason to play something."  Great phrase I'd never heard before, but yes.  Donavan Smith? Band player.  Timmy McClain?  Band player.  I love Donavan Smith too fwiw.

-How about that catch Seth Porter made when we were driving before halftime.  :lol: I've never seen anyone sprint to the sideline faster than that.  It was so funny.

-Chris Tennant's kicks were insane.  Who knows.

-How about that punt we had in the second quarter where Gus was drawing up some weirdo trick play where they send one guy to the other side of the field who looked like he was looking to field the ball?  But then the punt landed on the other side of the field where nobody was?  Can't say I've seen that before.

What were some of YOUR favorite moments from this last week's contest, Wildcats Nation?
Band player. That is really great.

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 03:26:04 PM »

If someone has a video, please DM it to spracne and don't post it here.  It was upsetting. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 03:26:23 PM »
I like the game Purnell had, big way to step up after Green is out for the season.

I think really the entire linebacker crew had a commendable game.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 03:30:44 PM »
The game thread was something about Mickey Mouse in the House if you want to re read it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2023, 04:06:50 PM »

If someone has a video, please DM it to spracne and don't post it here.  It was upsetting.

:waiting:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2023, 05:30:24 PM »

Is it still not considered a fair catch if you wave BOTH hands above your head? Because we played someone in high school who did that. But then he just started running instead of waiting to see if all the defenders would walk off the field or something, so we just tackled him because we figured we didn't see it correctly. It's quite hilarious in retrospect.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2023, 06:48:05 PM »
I liked that Willie played Rock/Scissors/Paper with the Golden Knight mascot pregame.

I’d rather him have lit that ass up.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2023, 08:51:22 PM »

That was cute

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2023, 08:52:53 PM »

:waiting:

It was an in stadium promotion during the first media timeout. I assume and hope like hell it wasn't televised.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2023, 09:21:24 AM »
I'd like to see that beautiful corn footage, too, if anyone managed to get a cell phone video of the carnage.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2023, 09:04:49 PM »
Listened on the radio for a bit. Stan brought up how amazing it is to not start Big XII play on the road! We always start on the road!

I'm amazed that is still a talking point amongst our dumbest fans.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2023, 09:04:39 AM »
Schedulemakers giving us that one on a technicality. Touché.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2023, 09:05:50 PM »
I was there and I think this video slaps, no corn contest or Knightro falling on his ass though
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 11:30:55 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2023, 09:33:45 PM »
You weren’t kidding. I want one of those for every school’s game day. Really cool concept.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2023, 06:03:44 PM »
Yikes, looks like they suck

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2023, 06:06:31 PM »
Next week vs ku is going to be pretty interesting. Two teams that can play a half of football well.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2023, 06:16:05 PM »
KU is going to roll the knights.  They're the worst team in the league maybe --- could be Houston though.