Author Topic: 2023 other games thread  (Read 12748 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 other games thread
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2023, 12:01:58 PM »
Yep, the reasons are never the same. They left out the Big 12 one year because of the lack of a championship game, and dropped FSU spots this year after winning a championship game vs a team that is as good as anyone Bama beat.

My mind is blown by the ignorance of that last sentence.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2023, 12:11:27 PM »
They would have got in with their starting QB, how is that hard to understand.

I'm not sure how you can confidently claim that when they had the chance to penalize Florida State the previous two weeks, and didn't do so. If it's just about the broken leg, you tell us what changed between now and then? Their defense completely shutting down a previously top 25 offense made them a worse selection?

Not including a team because one person broke their leg, in game 11 instead of game 9 is insane.

Like it's sad that he himself had to tweet out he wished he broke his leg earlier so it wouldn't be an issue. What a world we live in
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2023, 02:03:22 PM »
I’m quite sure that if I were capable of feeling even a modicum of sympathy for Florida state university, now would be that time.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2023, 02:54:00 PM »
I’m quite sure that if I were capable of feeling even a modicum of sympathy for Florida state university, now would be that time.

I lost any empathy for FSU when I saw they engaged in mass moronism via the tomahawk chop.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2023, 04:30:16 PM »
can you imagine if the committee said FSU got left out because of the chop

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2023, 04:40:25 PM »

That would have made a lot more sense, actually. Something objective and tangible that FSU could have done differently.

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2023, 05:45:20 PM »

That would have made a lot more sense, actually. Something objective and tangible that FSU could have done differently.

There was a pretty good quote from Bowden about how the FSU administration chose the ACC over the SEC to avoid having to "wade through that SEC" every year that came up recently.  It's going back to well before anything they did this season, but that stands out as something FSU could have done differently to better be in a situation for a 4-team playoff (crystal ball would have been necessary in the early 90s but still, that was a choice they made). 

I don't really have strong feelings one way or another about FSU, but the conscious decision to take the low road regarding conference affiliation coming back to bite them in the last possible year of the 4-team playoff (and possibly accelerating the unraveling of the ACC as a consequence of this year's field excluding an unbeaten FSU) gives me a giggle.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2023, 05:48:38 PM »
FSU wouldn't be FSU without all of the games that Bowden won there. They still benefit more today from those national championships than they would from being in the SEC.